Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We are all at risk.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm

I know this sounds bad but if something god forbid like what happened to Mikey happened to someone else on here, then the first thing this Forum could do was delete our accounts straight away. I know if something like that happened to me i would be grateful to whoever, if they would delete my account as the heartache it would cause my family would be devastating to them.
Experiences that i have had watching CCFC and the piss takes i have done. I am a class grade A wind up merchant and quotes from them could be taken. We all know they have trawled through Mikeys accounts and that is lower than the low we are Lads at the end of the day and its like being down the Pub with the banter. Facebook can lead to the same problems it is sickening.
Perhaps this can be done as a routine that if we leave this world our accounts are deleted forever.

Re: We are all at risk.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I know this sounds bad but if something god forbid like what happened to Mikey happened to someone else on here, then the first thing this Forum could do was delete our accounts straight away. I know if something like that happened to me i would be grateful to whoever, if they would delete my account as the heartache it would cause my family would be devastating to them.
Experiences that i have had watching CCFC and the piss takes i have done. I am a class grade A wind up merchant and quotes from them could be taken. We all know they have trawled through Mikeys accounts and that is lower than the low we are Lads at the end of the day and its like being down the Pub with the banter. Facebook can lead to the same problems it is sickening.
Perhaps this can be done as a routine that if we leave this world our accounts are deleted forever.

Proper order :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 pm

I suggested this to Carl in an email the night of the match as I was working nights and it popped up what had happened. I just had a feeling the despicable journalists would use some of his posts against him. I also thought that we might get some idiots from other clubs using his posts and taking the piss but thankfully it has been just respect from them. Long may that continue.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:30 pm

The only problem is, even if accounts were deleted (along with all the posts) every quoted post would still show up in a search.
Also, google saves 'cached' versions of pages even if the original has been deleted, which means that you could still view someone's posts with a simple google search.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Everything written is stored, they can always find information with a click.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:41 pm

I was going to say the same as Owain just wrote.

Just do a google search on your uses name Nukes, you pop up about sixth from the top :shock:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:45 pm

agreed ;)

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Owain wrote:The only problem is, even if accounts were deleted (along with all the posts) every quoted post would still show up in a search.
Also, google saves 'cached' versions of pages even if the original has been deleted, which means that you could still view someone's posts with a simple google search.

Jesus I just did that and I came up first on the list proclaiming to the world I wanted to be assimilated by 7 of 9 from Star Trek Voyager.

Welcome to the digital age gentlemen. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Wow, just googled me and Nukes, loads come up from here!! Bloody He'll :o :o

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:00 am

CardiffCityCulture wrote:Wow, just googled me and Nukes, loads come up from here!! Bloody He'll :o :o

And nuclearble photo shop :lol: :lol: http://www.nuclearblue.com/
I would be fucked wouldent i if the Journos got hold of my posts. f**k me you could create your own headline :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 am

Very interesting post, which makes me think by people reminissing of days gone by and the antics they got up to, could inadvertently and indirectly incriminate themselfs in the future if things ever went tits up? wow! :shock:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:14 am

Worst thing is, if you get jumped an fight back, you can get done for it. :roll:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Worst thing is, if you get jumped an fight back, you can get done for it. :roll:

I think that is unrelated to the thread really mate.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Id like mine to stay.
Just a shame that the scum papers used it against him

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 pm

I think people are getting paranoid here.

Using a message board against you in a legal way is not as easy as you think. Indeed the police could use such a post and get a confession out of you but an average lawyer could quite easily defend that by claiming the media used to abstract the confession is not substanial.

Knowing this it does make is even more disgusting and low when the press do use a message board for stories. Cant really say I'm an expert on this but I'm pretty sure the media could be sued for this. Going down the line of suing the media would be expensive and it is why they get away with it.