Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE FILTHY "SUN"

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Seems to have removed the article from the online version, which is where I first read it this morning.

Maybe our mails are getting read.

R.I.P. MIKEY

Re: THE FILTHY "SUN"

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:19 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Seems to have removed the article from the online version, which is where I first read it this morning.

Maybe our mails are getting read.

R.I.P. MIKEY

My Wife Just threatened to Sue them after she proved to them they had said nothing but lies.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:20 pm

I sent them a stinker earlier too just saying what pondlife they were. (as did many others obviously)

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:30 pm

The article is still there...!!

Useless bunch of selfish, ignorant and disrespectful twats the lot of 'em. Finding sources out of their arse once again, presumably.

Eurgh.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Lads,

i just thought i'd register to share my contemp at the Sun's email today.

The following is an email I sent them today

RIP Micky

Dear Mr Coles

Never before have i felt the need to email a newspaper but your "article" has absolutley infuriated me.

Let me just say that I am from Northern Ireland, have never been to Cardiff and have no affilliation with Cardiff City or the late Mr Dye.

The man in question has just lost his life, his family have lost their father and partner. Yet you, somehow feel the need to inform the nation that he was a "hooligan" and that he associated with "trouble seeking louts." Can i ask why you felt the need to write these things? Was their nothing else you could have written about today? Perhaps an article about how Mr Dye was attacked, or about how he was reportedly a devoted, hardworking father would have been more suitable.

No, not for a low life like you nor your f*cking rag of a newspaper.

Can i ask what bearing a conviction from 1986 has on this story? The man would have been 19 at the time of this conviction, yet you seem to think its acceptable to use this against him to besmirch his character.This would be an appalling thing to do if the man was still alive but to do it two days after the man's death is absolutely disgusting. The people who caused Mr Dye's death probabaly didn't mean to kill him. In my opinion, your deliberate low life attempts to sell newsppaers are as bad the actions of his attackers.

The other component of your article involves little more of you trawling through websites and attributing quotes (which you have no way of proving were made by Mr Dye) to him an attempt to belittle him and further besmirch his good character. Top journalism.

Your article is a disgrace and i hope you sometime happen to go to a Cardiff City match and let them give you your views on it.

For my part, my casual readership of the Sun newspaper / website has defintely ended for good. I know 8-10 football fans who are taking similar action after your latest sensationalist bullshit.

Well done,

You wanker.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:43 pm

Just had a look at the rag now. That is disgusting :evil: :evil: the Mirror what have they put are they also going down the same route ?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:45 pm

The article is still on The Sun website. Headline news. It makes my blood boil :evil:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:45 pm

cymro92 wrote:The article is still there...!!

Useless bunch of selfish, ignorant and disrespectful twats the lot of 'em. Finding sources out of their arse once again, presumably.

Eurgh.

I cant seem to find it , I do apologise, No intention to mislead anyone I can assure you.
I'm an ol fart as well , that probably has something to do with it. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:14 pm

I believe they changed the headline, mate! :evil:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... e-fan.html

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:19 pm

I cant believe that is still written up its sickening. Both Swans and City fans have complained and the so called quote from Annis is still there :o :evil: We supporters are bigger than the scum who wrote that. Sickened :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 pm

coliemck wrote:Lads,

i just thought i'd register to share my contemp at the Sun's email today.

The following is an email I sent them today

RIP Micky

Dear Mr Coles

Never before have i felt the need to email a newspaper but your "article" has absolutley infuriated me.

Let me just say that I am from Northern Ireland, have never been to Cardiff and have no affilliation with Cardiff City or the late Mr Dye.

The man in question has just lost his life, his family have lost their father and partner. Yet you, somehow feel the need to inform the nation that he was a "hooligan" and that he associated with "trouble seeking louts." Can i ask why you felt the need to write these things? Was their nothing else you could have written about today? Perhaps an article about how Mr Dye was attacked, or about how he was reportedly a devoted, hardworking father would have been more suitable.

No, not for a low life like you nor your f*cking rag of a newspaper.

Can i ask what bearing a conviction from 1986 has on this story? The man would have been 19 at the time of this conviction, yet you seem to think its acceptable to use this against him to besmirch his character.This would be an appalling thing to do if the man was still alive but to do it two days after the man's death is absolutely disgusting. The people who caused Mr Dye's death probabaly didn't mean to kill him. In my opinion, your deliberate low life attempts to sell newsppaers are as bad the actions of his attackers.

The other component of your article involves little more of you trawling through websites and attributing quotes (which you have no way of proving were made by Mr Dye) to him an attempt to belittle him and further besmirch his good character. Top journalism.

Your article is a disgrace and i hope you sometime happen to go to a Cardiff City match and let them give you your views on it.

For my part, my casual readership of the Sun newspaper / website has defintely ended for good. I know 8-10 football fans who are taking similar action after your latest sensationalist bullshit.

Well done,

You wanker.

Good email mate and you really highlight the disgusting way the Sun have gone about reporting this. As you said they have no way of knowing if Mickey made those comments which were associated to Ely Trendy.

The problem though (as that scum knows) a dead man can't sue so you can publish any old crap about someone once they have passed away, the truth being the second victim after Mickey.

Sickening.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:46 pm

The Sun have changed the Headline which was within a Banner on the front page of their web based news section.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/

This morning the headline was Hooligan Dad but I think the change has made little difference as it's highly accusational and completely lack in sympathy or compassion to Mikeys family.

I know many of us have made formal complaints to the Press Complaints Commission today and I would ask anyone who feels strongly enough to do the same.

Alan Sugar made a complaint last October about a article by this journalist which was printed in the paper, he later went on to sue them;

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,20 ... -sun,75090

The story was a fabrication created by someone paid by the newspaper to create it. Unbelievable but that is Mr John Coles for you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:00 pm

See, i was going to say that all this is irrelevant to the family, and that right now
they are too busy mourning their loss to worry about what The Scum print. But
thats not true... they are going through unimaginable pain knowing full well that
the millions of people in Britain will have dismissed the murder of a hard working
well liked, loved, devoted father and husband as 'a hooligan getting his just rewards'
THATS what the bastards have done. They have stuck a knife in an open wound
and twisted it FOR NO GOOD REASON WHATSOEVER.

I hope that in a few weeks time, the family get hold of a solicitor and smash the
bastards... there is no way in the world that the scum journos can prove that
Mikey Dye was 'Ely Trendy'... or that HE posted about his 'alleged' exploits during the 80's

I tell you what, i hope i dont bump into a News International journalist on Saturday

RIP Dyeo x