Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff tracking scottish defender

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Sky Sports:

Scottish starlet Aaron Sinclair is being tracked by a number of Championship clubs, skysports.com understands.

The 20-year-old defender, who can play left-back and centre-half, was snapped up by Partick Thistle in the summer.

Thistle signed him from Montrose, where he had excelled for two seasons after coming through the youth ranks at Links Park.

Jackie McNamara took him to Firhill in the summer, but already Sinclair's progress is attracting interest from a host of clubs.

It is understood that both Cardiff City and Middlesbrough are amongst the clubs keeping tabs on the youngster, who is set to be called up to the Scotland Under-21 set-up.

Re: Cardiff tracking scottish defender

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:57 pm

in January maybe, can't see him being a loan target....

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Not another defender!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:46 pm

A bit strange really. The last thing we need is another defender but Malky clearly wants to build for the future in bringing in young players so we may well snap him up in January. A midfielder and a striker has to be the top priority in the loan window now surely.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:58 pm

No surprise we're after this kid, he is Scottish after all!!!!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:50 pm

It's all about the scottish players for Malky! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Unless we are planning to play a 7-2-1 formation!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:56 pm

No pleasing some,sounds like a great prospect,may be one for the future,does it really matter what nationality he is?
May be Malky wants rid of some dead wood,will be great to get more young talent in,i for one believe in malky who ever
he brings to the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:01 pm

why dont we go the whole hog and join the freaking spl :old:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:46 pm

If he plays left-back Taylor can play on the wing, Maybe thats MM's plan. We need another winger.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:59 pm

wouldn't mind another left back here we've only got 2 and if he does come as Kanester said maybe it could allow Taylor to play wing if Conway or Cowie gets injured.

Also I don't care what nationality he is as long as he quality MM can sign the future Scotland team as long as they play well and win i'll be happy :lol:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:51 pm

I spoke to a Thistle fan I gerew up with and he says the boys attracting Premiership interest and is a great prospect.

I saw him for Montrose about a year ago and he did stick out, but the Scottish 3rd Division to the Championship is one hell of a leap!