Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Issues at International games isn't a Wales thing!!!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 am

When I was in Bari for the ireland qualifier, us Irish were in the middle of the piazza, two rival factions of Bari fans either side. They charged through us a few times to get at each other. Its definitely not isolated to Welsh fans.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:When I was in Bari for the ireland qualifier, us Irish were in the middle of the piazza, two rival factions of Bari fans either side. They charged through us a few times to get at each other. Its definitely not isolated to Welsh fans.

Hang on, are you actually a Sligo man......?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:When I was in Bari for the ireland qualifier, us Irish were in the middle of the piazza, two rival factions of Bari fans either side. They charged through us a few times to get at each other. Its definitely not isolated to Welsh fans.

Half Sligo, half Caerphilly. Moved back here when I was 11, but still sound like a Sligo buff.

One of life's unfortunates!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:31 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Half Sligo, half Caerphilly. Moved back here when I was 11, but still sound like a Sligo buff.

One of life's unfortunates!

:lol: Sligo is just 40mins away from me, its like a ghost town now like most areas in the North West.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:40 am

Midfield general wrote:Man Utd fans are banned from England games because of the past problems they have had with other fans of England.

What utter bollocks!!!! Most man utd fans boycott England games of their own volition because of the treatment their players get from the fans of other clubs when playing fopr their country. Why would the FA ban United fans???

There have been problems at England away games in the past usually involving the derby game clubs and the northern and southern clubs

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 am

Midfield general wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Man Utd fans are banned from England games because of the past problems they have had with other fans of England.

What utter bollocks!!!! Most man utd fans boycott England games of their own volition because of the treatment their players get from the fans of other clubs when playing fopr their country. Why would the FA ban United fans???

There have been problems at England away games in the past usually involving the derby game clubs and the northern and southern clubs

Check your history before you make such statements and that why the Utd players have since received bad treatment from England fans since.

Are you saying that Man Utd fans cannot join the England FA Travel club.......?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:58 am

So a Man U fan cannot get a ticket for an England game? What UTTER nonsense.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Are you saying that Man Utd fans cannot join the England FA Travel club.......?[/quote]

The England travel club has so many members then lets just say they can be very selective about who gets the tickets and who doesn't. Whether you believe me or not lets just say that its an 'un-written' rule.[/quote]

The England FA Travel club has too by law conform and that is to hold all the necessary info on fans i.e. vetting. I can tell you I know of Man U fans from Salford who travel worldwide with England.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Midfield general wrote::evil:

It makes me so angry that people are just assuming that problems at International games is just a Wales thing between Cardiff and Swansea and thats not correct.

Man Utd fans are banned from England games because of the past problems they have had with other fans of England. When Scotland played down here when they lost 4-0 there were problems between Dundee and other Scottish fans and even in Italy there are problems between rival fans so lets put this into purspective shall we!!! :evil:

This is a football thing and don't let the gutter press make you think otherwise :evil:

That was down to Dundee wanting to have a go at the Welsh and nonody else really interested. They wouldn't let it go and eventually took a few slaps. We were drinking with boys from the Valleys and the Dundee lot were told that if they went for it then we'd be on the other side. They went elsewhere. It's the only time on 20 years following Scotland I've seen anything of the sort.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Midfield general wrote:The England travel club has so many members then lets just say they can be very selective about who gets the tickets and who doesn't. Whether you believe me or not lets just say that its an 'un-written' rule.

Good grief :roll: :roll:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Check your history before you make such statements and that why the Utd players have since received bad treatment from England fans since.

Enlighten me...

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Midfield general wrote:

Man Utd fans are banned from England games because of the past problems they have had with other fans of England. :

:lol:

Do you sniff glue?

Absolute bollocks!

The hard core of United's support are at best ambivalent some are apathetic.

You need to click your brain in gear before coming up with some of your statements.

This isn't the council chambers butt.