Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Complaints to the PCC

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:59 am

I, And I'm sure many others, would like to make our opinions heard over the 2 right wing rags and their venomous thrash.

I'm just wondering, would a template letter come in handy, or should each complaint be original and unique?

Re: Complaints to the PCC

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 am

A template would be better then you can get those who cant be bothered to write to them just to sign :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I, And I'm sure many others, would like to make our opinions heard over the 2 right wing rags and their venomous thrash.

I'm just wondering, would a template letter come in handy, or should each complaint be original and unique?

Original and unique in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 am

Yes if someone has done a letter just post it with the blanks to fill in - Name etc. Add the address to send it to and job done. It makes it quicker and more people will do it.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 am

Right, well if anyone has written a letter that they'd be happy to use as a template, then let me know. Otherwise I will compose one, and make sure many people send ir. I think in terms of the PCC, they have to look into each complaint, but a mass converging on the one article must surely raise eyebrows

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 am

Id say template as im not the best at witting letter's an end up using a lot of swear words

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:06 am

denton2k6 wrote:Id say template as im not the best at witting letter's an end up using a lot of swear words

That's easily done with the sun & mail.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 am

Complaints can be registered quite easily on line at the PCC website the process is very simple;

http://www.pcc.org.uk/cop/practice.html

You are required to add a link to the article and the reason you are complaining which I think is best covered by section 5 of the Editors Code Of Conduct. Here is a link to the article;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... e-fan.html

If anyone would like a template letter please feel free to cut and paste this if you agree with what I have said;

I believe this article to be completely lacking in sensitivity, compassion and any level of consideration for his family. This article which basically paints Mr Dye as a long term football hooligan is deeply offensive.

There is an investigation taking place which will uncover the circumstances which resulted in the untimely death of Mr Dye, and until such time I would have thought that a national newspaper would have given his family the space to mourn his death and lay him to rest with dignity. In my opinion this article "Hooligan Dad" gives his family no such freedom and as such is in my opinion beneath contempt.

The Editors Code Of Conduct requires (In cases involving personal grief or shock, enquiries and approaches must be made with sympathy and discretion and publication handled sensitively.)

I believe this article falls well short of that requirement and I would ask that you investigate my complaint.

If you could find the time please complain about this article. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 am

Adam if you could write a template letter, that'd be superb. I'm the same as denton, I always get carried away and start swearing.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:39 am

Nevermind, castleblue just posted a template I'm about to use :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

Thank you castleblue(sorry, but I don't know your real name), I would struggle to better that effort.

I will make sure many people register their complaint.

Shall I do a slightly different template for the daily mail article?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:56 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Thank you castleblue(sorry, but I don't know your real name), I would struggle to better that effort.

I will make sure many people register their complaint.

Shall I do a slightly different template for the daily mail article?

Please do, I want to report that one too.

Remember, it breaches Section 5 of the Editors' Code of Practice.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 am

Just registered my complaint with the Sun Newspaper.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:20 am

Lads make sure you receive an email from the PCC which shows the link to the web based article. If you don't get that the PCC will not take up the complaint.

You will probably get one asking for a hard copy of the article, ignore that one, you should then get a 2nd showing a link to the article.

If you don't get an email or one detailing the complaint showing the link do it again. I've registered my complaint, did the Daily Mail yesterday, and I've had an acknowledgement of both.

Try and get as many of your friends as possible to complain.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:22 am

castleblue wrote:Lads make sure you receive an email from the PCC which shows the link to the web based article. If you don't get that the PCC will not take up the complaint.

You will probably get one asking for a hard copy of the article, ignore that one, you should then get a 2nd showing a link to the article.

If you don't get an email or one detailing the complaint showing the link do it again. I've registered my complaint, did the Daily Mail yesterday, and I've had an acknowledgement of both.

Try and get as many of your friends as possible to complain.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Had a response for The Sun one, gonna wait for Adam to post his template for the Daily Mail one then submit that one :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:27 am

The Metro has also made a similar story in their rag, would you like me to provide a link?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:34 am

Dafydd wrote:The Metro has also made a similar story in their rag, would you like me to provide a link?

I don't think The Metro is signed up to the PCC Code Of Practice so they wouldn't take up the complaint. Could try complaining directly to the editor of the Metro though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:50 pm

the Daily Mirror has a similar story also , all newspapers are scum , anything to dramatise there stories R.I.P :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: PROMOTION is the best way for Cardiff City Players an MM to pay tribute TO him, i've just sent a complaint off using Castleblue's template . The ideas of football matches is a great idea imo bit i think if you widened it a bit and turned it into a 5 a side comp with teams from Wales and England it would really bring the footballing community together , I personnally think lots of different club supporters would be up for that. Imagine that teams from Cardiff , Swansea , Newport , Bristol , Millwall , West Ham etc all co-existing and doing something for a worthwhile cause and a fellow Football fan, the papers wouldnt know what to write as no fucker is kicking off just having a good time getting involved in what they love . SCREW THE MEDIA THATS WHAT I SAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: