Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Black Arm Bands

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:49 am

I didn't personally know Mikey but I wonder how feasible it is for CCFC supporters to wear a black armband at Saturdays home match?

Re: Black Arm Bands

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 am

Im going to wear a Little Black silk ribbon over the top of Crest on my City shirt and wife and child. I think all fans that have shirts should wear them on Saturday.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Hope this is not taken as bad taste but I was wondering whether the players might wear armbands as a mark of respect and imagine celebrating a goal with a "Mikey" T shirt on underneath - any thoughts?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Hope this is not taken as bad taste but I was wondering whether the players might wear armbands as a mark of respect and imagine celebrating a goal with a "Mikey" T shirt on underneath - any thoughts?

Personally, I think this will be taking things just a little bit too far. The fans wearing something black, a collection and possibly a match would be enough IMO

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Both Cardiff and Donny players will probaly be wearing black armbands anyway, usually do when something unfortunate like this happens.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:21 pm

I think we should have a match against a big Premier League team, to get the fans here and most money from ticket sales and all donations can go to his family and the funeral fund? just a thought. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:59 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:I think we should have a match against a big Premier League team, to get the fans here and most money from ticket sales and all donations can go to his family and the funeral fund? just a thought. :ayatollah:

Good idea but not feasable, it would be a pain in the arse to play a big team during the season..theres a risk of injury bla bla bla. How ever, they could organise a cardiff legends vs swansea legends and perhaps play it in cardiff city stadium when city are away.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:48 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Im going to wear a Little Black silk ribbon over the top of Crest on my City shirt and wife and child. I think all fans that have shirts should wear them on Saturday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.