Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales/Cardiff/Swansea

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Lads, some 10 or so years ago, we had a forum game of footie between us and the jacks. To be honest, it was a great success.
We had a few,(I think it was 6) games against each other home away etc. (in my case I was home on both occasions being a Bluebird living in Swansea for 25 years plus)
We met some great people (for jacks lol) at least two of which are no longer with us,RIP Frank (jacks) and RIP Cossy (CCFC)
Mozzer and a few other old heads from sleeping-giant and jackarmy.net (Garyjack et-al from the darkside) still post on this site and I can think of no better way of building a bridge again than reviving the footie games. The games were serious and it was up to the home side to organise the pitch/changing rooms/bar and buffet. (the latter was usually road-kill when we were away..lol sorry only joking lads)
As this site already has a footie side and I know the old jack army site (now planet sawns or swans or whatever lol) will be up for a game. (Especially if Recco and Phil Sumbler get organising on their side)I'm sure a game, some grub and a few bevvies can be arranged.
Anyway, I have attached a photo below to show how fans can get along. From this site from memory I believe was Mozzer/Ben/Myself/my Brother/ Dai Hard/Ali/ Llanrumneybluebird and many more were involved.
I hope I have sparked a few into doing this again, as I believe I am not the only one who had some good times and made some new friends. (and no, I never had my drive tarmacd..lol)
What do you all think? A fund raiser for Mark Dye's family would be a great and fitting catalyst at such a sad time for all Wales fans eh?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Wales/Cardiff/Swansea

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Never saw this... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59162

Sorry Carl. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Re: Wales/Cardiff/Swansea

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:52 am

It looks like a swansea v Reading game