Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A topic for cardiff and swans fans??

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 pm

We al know the rivalry between our two clubs and citys,but what I would like to know is why do we all feel the way we do.
At the end of the day ther is nothing more then 43 miles between our two citys,in what is the small nation.
Ther is allways going to be a rivalry and to some extent its good,but are we the only country that the two main clubs can't even bare each other in support of our national team.
My self I think in swansea ther is a feeling of bitterness to you as we see your city get so much and yet we are left with so little,or the fact that every thing is centralised in cardiff even if it means moving it from somewere for no reason.
So then down here politics have have done ther part in the pepole down here dislike of cardiff along with the rivalry.
My self,I have a genuine reason to dislik you as in the late 70s I had a slap of a growen up cardiff fan because me and a mate were 10ish and evey team support use to be walked out of the station and walked down the main road to the ground,wile you lot were being walked down I and a mate who lived on the hill of the main road was given some ballons blue and white by some cardiff fans as we were playing near by,but I staped on mine,and some c**t give me dig and my nose bled like f**k and I ran home crying so that is why I dislike you.
But I have been talking to some of you for some time now and you seam like decent lads,so why is ther such a bad hatred between us.
What made you grow up disliking the other,..

Re: A topic for cardiff and swans fans??

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:56 pm

to be honest.. there was times i disliked us as a club over the last few years. we went bigtime and acheived nothing!

what i hate was on my stag do in 2002, the boys made me dress as batman at hereford races.

it was the day that your lot came back from shrewsbury i think you went up that day?

had some banter. but had some shit of 4 or 5 of you when their was no need?

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Where do I start?

There was the time when as a 16yr old at Wales v russia @ the vetch when about 150 jacks, average age of 25 decided to batter our group of kids because we were from Cardiff, oldest was 17 youngest about 14.

you are renown racists, the bnp have toozey and co as their mainplayers in Wales...

you are small town bigots who hate Wales as a football team and refuse (are too scared) to follow them home or away (except games played in swansea)...

you prefer to fly the union jack rather than the dragon at most games...

you continually highlight your most infamous hooligan success as bullying a few kids to run into the sea rather than get battered by a bunch of thugs...

your only attempt to have a toe-to-toe in Cardiff was to rip up the seats in the Grandstand and attack the Family Enclosure full of kids and OAPs....you cnuts make me sick

Do I need to go on???

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Been supporting Cardiff since the age of 9 (1999), and never really understood this thing called rivalry apart from the Liverpool & Manchester United one until I went to Comprehensive as most of the friends back then were, what you call Glory Hunters.

First time I came across the Cardiff & Swansea rivalry, or really understood it was in my 2nd year (Year 8 - 12-13yo) when I was wearing my Cardiff top with Pride at a PE/Games lesson. We were playing football on concrete, and back then, I was a quiet kid who just wanted to get on with anyone as you do at that age. I got passed the ball, and controlled it and pushed it out of my feet to run onto it, 2 seconds later, a boy run up behind me and grabbed my shirt pulling me back. Stretching the shirt I asked why he did it and asked for him to say sorry. He refused and replied, "It's a shit shirt anyway, Bluebird scum."

Through out my Comprehensive School life I had run ins with the same boy, trying to disrupt my school life, ripping up pictures I drew of players and the Club crest. The boy who used to do it, recently said sorry to me for it, after sitting in the pub talking about old times and being in school.

I can't say I've ever hated Swansea fans as such as some of my mates are big Swansea fans living the SA13 area, but some really do do my nut in with all this "Never Beat The Jacks" business yet they've only ever seen Swansea on TV. If a Jack come up to me and talked sense and wanted a good chat about football, then I'll stay there for hours discussing things about how I feel about our club and theirs. But when it comes to match days or banter, I will go that extra mile to stick it to them.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Londontaffya,when I asked for reasons,I did not mean bitter bullshit post fella,
I think its pepole like you who make it difficult to make things happen.
I can't believe I'm taking about why we should disike eachother,as for a long time I hated every thing to do with cardiff,even the welsh team,and in swansea we do feel betrayed a bit,and by feeling that way we have gone the oppesit way I gess,but your post shows nothing of any value and little truth or even know what you are talking about mate.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:07 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I think its pepole like you who make it difficult to make things happen.

Surely it would be the people that he's talking about that make it worse rather than him wouldn't it ??

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:11 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Londontaffya,when I asked for reasons,I did not mean bitter bullshit post fella,
I can't believe I'm taking about why we should disike eachother,as for a long time I hated every thing to do with cardiff,even the welsh team,and in swansea we do feel betrayed a bit,and by feeling that way we have gone the oppesit way I gess,but your post shows nothing of any value and little truth or even know what you are talking about mate.

well londontaffia does have a point, he may not be correct in his assumptions but its how he feels and its how a lot of cardiff fans feel. You have your views on your hatred for cardiff, i think your wrong to assume these things but your entitled to your opinion.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 pm

I Do Not hate the Jacks,for me it's trying to finish higher in the league or do better for bragging rights.

One record which has stayed for 100 years :?: Between our 2 clubs is that - NO Team has ever done the double over each other in the League :o

If people want to call CARDIFF v SWANSEA - A Derby - Is there another Derby in the world where this has happened :?:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Other than football rivalry i cant say i hate the jacks,my nan is from gorseinon so i suppose she could have been a jack .But i will say i hate that muppet tate with a passion

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:14 am

londontaffia wrote:your only attempt to have a toe-to-toe in Cardiff was to rip up the seats in the Grandstand and attack the Family Enclosure full of kids and OAPs....you cnuts make me sick

Firstly I want to say that I know Cardiff are no angels.

BUT

This is the event that made me hate the Jacks.

I was only a kid when I went to this game with my dad. All the hooliganism I had seen at the football before was like minded men fighting like minded men - far away from where me and my dad were.

On this occasion, as the attack was on kids and in an area of the stadium I'd not seen trouble before - I remember being shit scared that they were going to do the same to us in the Bob Bank [despite the pitch invasion]

Still can't believe what you did on that cold / wet night and I'll never forget it. Completely unprovoked and uncalled for.

I get on with a few Jacks, but your lads there that night were complete scumbags. That's where my hatred comes from...

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:16 am

swansealad69 wrote:We al know the rivalry between our two clubs and citys,but what I would like to know is why do we all feel the way we do.
At the end of the day ther is nothing more then 43 miles between our two citys,in what is the small nation.
Ther is allways going to be a rivalry and to some extent its good,but are we the only country that the two main clubs can't even bare each other in support of our national team.
My self I think in swansea ther is a feeling of bitterness to you as we see your city get so much and yet we are left with so little,or the fact that every thing is centralised in cardiff even if it means moving it from somewere for no reason.
So then down here politics have have done ther part in the pepole down here dislike of cardiff along with the rivalry.
My self,I have a genuine reason to dislik you as in the late 70s I had a slap of a growen up cardiff fan because me and a mate were 10ish and evey team support use to be walked out of the station and walked down the main road to the ground,wile you lot were being walked down I and a mate who lived on the hill of the main road was given some ballons blue and white by some cardiff fans as we were playing near by,but I staped on mine,and some c**t give me dig and my nose bled like f**k and I ran home crying so that is why I dislike you.
But I have been talking to some of you for some time now and you seam like decent lads,so why is ther such a bad hatred between us.

As probably one of the older people on here i have to say im indifferent to the jacks wheras because of my age i have always considered our real rivals to be bristol city.
i was at ashton gate in 1974 where they were singing disgraceful songs about the aberfan disaster and over a 100 fans were arrested for rioting after the game.
i have spent most of my life watching cardiff in the lower divisions and i remember when playing away to wigan meant the away end was open and you were standing on railway sleepers.
I miss the terraces and i am not particulary fussed on our new stadium but once again its an age thing.
Back to the swansea subject i have a few mates who are big swans fans and also deal with a few in business. we have the usual banter but would never fall out over the rivalry.
The one lad in particular always got paid on a friday and bought his ticket after work for the next swans game.
promotion to the premiership meant that because he could not afford a season ticket outright he was going to struggle to see the team that he loyally followed for years play in the higher division.
i lent him the money for his season ticket and he pays me back when i see him( im gonna get slaughtered i know)
I understand the bitterness about cardiff getting everything but the simple reason is that businesses dont want to go further west than the capitol because of the logistics and costs.
I notice you are struggling to attract players to the city even though you have the lure of premiership football. Go back 10 to 15 years ago and we had the same problems because players actually thought they were coming to a backwater and not to one of the most beautiful area's in the country.( i include the gower etc in that)
So no hatred of the jacks for me because simply i see the wurzels as the focus of my football hatred

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:25 am

steve davies wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:We al know the rivalry between our two clubs and citys,but what I would like to know is why do we all feel the way we do.

As probably one of the older people on here i have to say im indifferent to the jacks wheras because of my age i have always considered our real rivals to be bristol city.
i was at ashton gate in 1974 where they were singing disgraceful songs about the aberfan disaster and over a 100 fans were arrested for rioting after the game.
i have spent most of my life watching cardiff in the lower divisions and i remember when playing away to wigan meant the away end was open and you were standing on railway sleepers.
I miss the terraces and i am not particulary fussed on our new stadium but once again its an age thing.
Back to the swansea subject i have a few mates who are big swans fans and also deal with a few in business. we have the usual banter but would never fall out over the rivalry.
The one lad in particular always got paid on a friday and bought his ticket after work for the next swans game.
promotion to the premiership meant that because he could not afford a season ticket outright he was going to struggle to see the team that he loyally followed for years play in the higher division.
i lent him the money for his season ticket and he pays me back when i see him( im gonna get slaughtered i know)
I understand the bitterness about cardiff getting everything but the simple reason is that businesses dont want to go further west than the capitol because of the logistics and costs.
I notice you are struggling to attract players to the city even though you have the lure of premiership football. Go back 10 to 15 years ago and we had the same problems because players actually thought they were coming to a backwater and not to one of the most beautiful area's in the country.( i include the gower etc in that)
So no hatred of the jacks for me because simply i see the wurzels as the focus of my football hatred

fantastic post steve and to be honest i would have done the same, i have a lot of mates who live up west, i deal with a number of swansea company's and just purchased a holiday home up west(even though most around me are bluebirds) but as you say bristol shitty are seen to be our real rivals not the jacks

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:03 am

swansealad69 wrote:Londontaffya,when I asked for reasons,I did not mean bitter bullshit post fella,

Your original post stated why you (yourself and Jacks) have built up hatred. Taffya is doing the same.
The idea, i think you put the thread on was for us to see to understand why you hate us and how could we kind of build a bridge for Wales games. Trouble is, we have also been stitched up by Jacks and have similar bitter memories.

The good thing, hopefully as a legacy to Mikey a Welsh Fan dying, is if we can put this behind us.

Your political reasons that everything is cardiff can be challenged as I deal with thses people and the quangos and other departments etc and in my side chats - most of the players are Jacks! WAF people, WLGA people, WAO etc etc. I remember going to an event in the new city stadium and the main speaker even had a pop about swansea being above cardiff in the league at that time (i was f*cking boiling). I can get my business work on times as i'm not in the gang!
I'm from the Rhondda - what the f**k have we had? loads of european money being miss spent by corrupt polititians!
The main rail line past bridgend , the 2 lane m4 etc are decisions made not even in Wales! but in England.

If anyone has a real political argument in would be north wales - again road and rail decisions for south and north to link up, made in england.
In summary, your political argument can be counter argued by loads of Cardiff fans - so what is left is inter team rivalry and past wrongs made against each other.

The older fans are right about the bcfc rivalry - it was massive. Jack rivalry and hate to cardiff has been more you to us than us to you - although in recent years it may be getting more the same.

A topic that both sets of fans should discuss with each other first - is .......
Could we have peace and respect for Wales games? I think after all the initial dissagreements, the general answer could be Yes.

Im glad you openend this thread swansealad - people will have bitter feelings though both sides, lets hope something honourable can come out of it :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:10 am

I have to agree I'm off an age :old: BristolCity I hate more.

At these timesI question the hate word, to be honest If a Jack had been killed I'd be feeling just as bad if he had kids etc

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:25 am

I don't hate the jacks, hate is a strong word associated with people like Myra Hindley and Adolph Hitler. i know a few kacks and they are decent lads and no different from us, except their women have bigger moustaches than they do

:mrgreen:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:28 am

I think it stems from the 70,s,early 80,s,when Cardiff fans used to run amok in Swansea and trashed the place every time they they went there..............memories die hard.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:32 am

Personally I have nothing against Swansea, If we couldn't get promotion last season I hoped Swans would.
Im proud to see a Welsh side up there, of course I wish it had been Cardiff but at the last hurdle we blew it.
You guys played some great stuff and you deserve to be there and the best of luck to you.

But we do have the D-ck heads on here,that cant give credit where its due, cos of there out look on life, and there child like ways. I dare say you have the same in your Club.

The biggest rivals in this country Wolves & The Baggies still have respect for what one and another have done.
Just to read there board you will read things like, Yes we hate you but we are all black country and its great to see all the Midlands teams up (of course Blues have now come down ) .
That is 2 Clubs right next to each other ,they have respect for each other,respect is everything in this game of Football and without it all we have is hate, and now we all see what this can do, It don't solve any problems just makes things worse.
Now we have a family without a Father and a Husband people who now have to live the rest of there lives without some 1 they love, our fans without a fellow Fan and in some cases a very good friend.

Its Now about time that the hate stopped and just leave it to the players on the field to play out the battle they get pay for it .At the end of the day all we the fans get is death and hate ,and we can all do without that in the game of Football.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 am

im only 17 and haven't really had any bad encounters with jacks so cant say i hate them tbh i just enjoy the banter. Those across the border (bristol city) can't stand cause i tried to have a bit of a laugh with a friend whilst over in bristol and they couldn't handle it and just thought it would be funny to start on my 14 year brother they must have been about 18-20 and there was 3 of them... for that i just cant stand them, but like what was said earlier hate is just a strong word. :lol:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:33 am

Great post Steve Davies, nothing to get slaughtered for :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:34 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:I Do Not hate the Jacks,for me it's trying to finish higher in the league or do better for bragging rights.

One record which has stayed for 100 years :?: Between our 2 clubs is that - NO Team has ever done the double over each other in the League :o

If people want to call CARDIFF v SWANSEA - A Derby - Is there another Derby in the world where this has happened :?:

LIverpool done the double of the mancs a couple of seasonsa go I believe, 4-1 at Old Trafford (I laughed) and 2-0 home.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:02 am

At the end of the day both fans dont like each other, at times like these its reassuring that the likes of yourself, Blackswan & a few other show your respect to us and its much appreciated. To me it shows what a person you are when you can set aside rivalries and we can unite in hurt & pain.

Now saying all that you'll always be a Jack b*stard, in my 40years of following the City which was mostly in lower leagues, shit crowds & shit teams but in honesty were the best days, I could never ever befriend a Jack. I knew one once and got on well with him but I felt dirty and cheap when I was around him, its a fact of life that maybe now we can respect each other we can never be friends and nor would I want to be. I hate your club with a burning passion, I dont hate you but after the the tragedy of Mike I can respect you more-so and will always appreciate the kind words you've given to us in difficult times but thats how far it'll go.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 am

I started going to games in the early 80s and my first Derby was at the Vetch during the Miners strike and that was a mad mad day. The next time i went to the Vetch there was half a dozen in the Pub by the away end and about fifty Swansea fans forced there way in and the place got smashed up and a few of our Boys were badly hurt. Out side after an altercation with said attackers i was nicked and spent the rest of the day locked up. After two Court appearances i was fined nearly £400 quid which was over a Months wages back then. If it was today it would of deffo been a stretch inside.

Then well into the nineties we had our games including that FA cup game when Cardiff took liberties all over Swansea and the hatred if you want to put it came from those games, why ? I don't know it just got way out of hand. Then we didnt play you for ages and TBH the hatred went and if i am honest i saw BCFC as our main rivals. And i have my own reasons why i really disliked BCFC but then you lot came back on the scene all the old feelings came back. Your wind up of the swim away IMO was greatly exaggerated and i thought it was quite sad how you can claim that as a result. When you have had results of your own that was genuine, but they are not mentioned just running Kids into the sea.

And i will be honest i dont know personally any Jacks, only the ones on here. But the banter the rivalry must stay, but now times have changed and Hooliganism is over as we know it. Guys are loosing there freedom families being torn apart and now Mikey and we have to try and stop this madness. To me i would rather have a pint with an opposition fan than get into a ruck but its the younger generation that want to tear into each other and when i was young it was exactly the same so i aint gonna go all pot kettle black here. But if this is gonna stop then someone has to get the ball rolling and Swanseajack69 has taken the first move. Can it work ? who knows but the past needs to be dropped.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 am

thelot of stereotyping going on here, Jacks are said to be anti welsh, i can talk for a few who follow wales religously, but are wise enough whilst in cardiff to keep their mouth shut as to where their from, whilst away we've been asked by genuine cardiff fans "who do you follow??" we reluctantly reply. but we get on well share a few beers and move on! As for the Union Jack at the liberty, i cant defend that, i hate it, im from a family of irish catholics following celtic, so its understandable that it makes me sick to see that, im sure its not that we're a loyalist club its simply because it winds you lot up because you think we're Anti Welsh! Nevertheless, met some great boys over the years who are bluebirds, Annis for one, never had any bad experienes bar one at ninian park for the wales u21 game v england, went with a few mates from work who are bluebirds and singing a welsh footy song and i started singing along to a similar jack song, few nasty looks by some mean characters but that was all! Up the Swans!!!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am

Might as well stick my 2p in

First there's the bullying I've had from the Jacks as a kid - I know this happens everywhere and it's not confined to either club , but as the OP says it's bound to shape your opinions.

Bust mostly it's because I lived through the 'Golden Age' of Swansea City and all the media fawning that went with it, the total exuberance and creaming themselves with saturation coverage by HTV and BBC Wales - funny it's just the same thing about bias the Jacks used to claim about us ( well, it's happening again !)

The point about Cardiff getting everything, well that's nothing to do with us - it's the WAG. I don't see the people of BUtetown, Grangetown,Adamsdown - places that are in the shadow on the Assembly building - benefitting at all. And when you take in our support from other areas, Barry, Rhondda, Merthyr etc, - I'd say they get less than Swansea.

On a personal note, the only thing good about the Bay and relevant to Cardiff history was the Industrial and Maritime Museum and you bastards have got that !

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 am

jackbastard wrote:thelot of stereotyping going on here, Jacks are said to be anti welsh, i can talk for a few who follow wales religously, but are wise enough whilst in cardiff to keep their mouth shut as to where their from, whilst away we've been asked by genuine cardiff fans "who do you follow??" we reluctantly reply. but we get on well share a few beers and move on! As for the Union Jack at the liberty, i cant defend that, i hate it, im from a family of irish catholics following celtic, so its understandable that it makes me sick to see that, im sure its not that we're a loyalist club its simply because it winds you lot up because you think we're Anti Welsh! Nevertheless, met some great boys over the years who are bluebirds, Annis for one, never had any bad experienes bar one at ninian park for the wales u21 game v england, went with a few mates from work who are bluebirds and singing a welsh footy song and i started singing along to a similar jack song, few nasty looks by some mean characters but that was all! Up the Swans!!!

Jack, I believe in what you say about the UJ and I know full well that you have proud Taffs following your club. I also know full well infact a 100% fact as Ive seen them with my own eyes of a good number of Jacks involved in Loyalism & Ive even seen them on Rosnowlagh Orange march's much to my amusement . I also Know of a gang of road maintenance workers from Swansea that was working the Donegal roads, Im not going into detail but their arrogance got the better of them. I dont understand why they would want to latch onto this Loyalism thing as its nothing to do with them and I doubt very much whether they even understands what it means. Ive stated above that we'll never get on as fans but we can respect each other in many ways but Id never respect those that follow the Loyalism cause.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:29 am

I live in Port Talbot and grew up with a lot of Jacks, some of whom are my closest friends and will remain so forever, and throughout my life i have got to know and met a hell of a lot more, some not so friendly admittedly but some real top blokes. Even had a Jack help me out in a sticky situation whilst on a night out in Jackland, which i still appreciate to this day.

I was the only Cardiff fan in my year in school and used to get chased form pillar to post by some Jacks throughout my school years.

I dont have huge hatred towards the Jacks but sometimes the banter i have with some i know tends to get a bit heated especially when there is beer involved. :lol:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:51 am

In footballing terms I hate Swansea with a passion. They are always the second teams results I look for on a Saturday afternoon and I take great pleasure when they lose. I never feel more emotional at football match than when we are playing Swansea and I never feel happier than we have just beaten them. The feeling after Bellamy's goal last season was quite simply ecstatic! These feelings I have towards Swansea are intense football rivalary.

Despite my dislike of everything jack as I get older I do find myself having quite a lot in common with a few Swans. In fact I have friends and business associates who are Swansea fans and I get on with them very well. When I speak with these friends after the first five minutes of insults we talk about issues affecting both clubs and have really interesting conversations. I think that because there is an intense rivalary my knowledge of Swansea is far greater than any other club and my Jack friends also know everything that is going on down here.

So we may all hate each other in footballing terms but many of us are a lot closer than we think. I really enjoy the banter I have with Jacks and take great pleasure in winding them up. I love the games between us, I dont however see the need for trouble. If I was away on holiday abroad I'd much sooner have some banter and laugh with jack who knows exactly what I'm on about rather than an Arsenal fan or a Man Utd fan who I have absolutely nothing in common with.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:13 am

I've always considered it a FRIENDLY rivalry. It's just football :S I didn't even realise that so many genuinely dislike eachother.

It's insane that people actually, genuinely hate eachother because they're from Swansea/Cardiff.

One of my best friends in the world is a life long Jack :S

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:16 am

hooligan858 wrote:I've always considered it a FRIENDLY rivalry. It's just football :S I didn't even realise that so many genuinely dislike eachother.

It's insane that people actually, genuinely hate eachother because they're from Swansea/Cardiff.

One of my best friends in the world is a life long Jack :S

Im in my 50s and Id say its more of a hatred from my generation on both sides.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 am

Hate is a very strong emotion and i don't hate the Jacks apart from Alan Tate :D only joking i don't even hate that tosser but do have an healthy dislike for him :lol:

Anyway the reason i can't hate the Jacks is because my Father, God rest his soul was a big Swansea Fan and followed them when they were really shit and in the old 4th Division long before the Toshack years. Fortunately for me he let my Uncle take me to watch Cardiff when i was around 10 and that was it i was a Cardiff fan for life :ayatollah:

I have a healthy dislike of the Jacks but that's just the rivalry and i know some Jacks wouldn't call them friends but i can sit down and have a civilised conversation with them and a bit of banter without coming to blows :lol:

There was one incident that pissed me off and soured my view a bit and that was before one of our games i was drinking with some mates down on Mumbles Road think the pub was the Trafalgar or The Admiral or something nautical :?: Anyway there was about 15 of us in there when a few Jacks came in and there was some friendly banter but no trouble when the Jacks were leaving later we actually shook hands with a few and wished them all the best but told them we were going to smash them on the field.

There was absolutely no sign of trouble and we settled down to finish our pints then 10 minutes later all hell broke loose as the Jacks we had been talking to had rounded up some Mates and a mob of around 25 came into the pub grabbed glasses off the bar and started hurling them at us. I was sat behind a wooden post and a glass smashed against the post and the glass flew everywhere catching my mate who was sat opposite me in the face. we defended ourselves by picking up seats stools etc and charging at the Jacks we were absolutely mad and chased them outside where most fled and the ones who didn't were taking a right pasting. In fact on the corner further down some of our boys had caught a Jack who i don't think had been involved in the original fracas but they give him a few taps and down he went by now there was a lot more City around and they were about to hand out some very real retribution to the Swans fan laying helplessly on the floor.

At this point despite what had just happened i stepped in and explained the Bastards that had glassed us were further down the road and the poor sod on the floor was not involved with this most of the City fans continued to chase the wankers who had glassed us. The guy on the floor was then helped on his way although i think someone knicked his jacket!

After this incident although not hating the Jacks i had no time for them and friendly banter had turned to hostillity which has the years have gone on as once again changed to rivallry although i can't forget those cowards who attacked us after shaking our hands :twisted:

These days having visited the Liberty twice i have got to say the hatred seems to come more from Swansea than it does from Cardiff and it really does seem that many Swansea fans despise anything to do with Cardiff. With Cardiff it seems that Cardiff fans rightly or wrongly consider ourselves a bigger club than Swansea and consequently there is a certain amount of indifference to Swansea although of course there are many Cardiff fans who do hate the Jacks.

To be honest i don't see things changing any time soon because despite the fact that probably 75% of Cardiff and Swansea fans would get on OK the other 25% on each side are probably incapable of puting the hatred to one side.

However the one thing that does need to happen is a truce needs to be called for Wales games, no club shirts to be worn and if Welsh Flags show a club allegiance then they need to be respected.

I hope however the rivalry and banter continues and one day hopefully next season we have a City v Jacks trouble free derby game in the Premiership :ayatollah: :ayatollah: