Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

APPEAL FUND AMAZING

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:03 pm

It's only been up and running a few hours and we have £400 in the fund,I have kept all the e mails and messages and if OK possibly we could set up a page for people to view these.
It is touching to know that humanity and a sense of belonging still exists and exists in an abundance amongst the football family. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: APPEAL FUND AMAZING

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:08 pm

I have donated, after my wife passing away earlier this year and l eaving 2 gorgeous daughters I can empathise how mikeys widow must be feeling

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 pm

BigGwynram wrote:It's only been up and running a few hours and we have £400 in the fund,I have kept all the e mails and messages and if OK possibly we could set up a page for people to view these.
It is touching to know that humanity and a sense of belonging still exists and exists in an abundance amongst the football family. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

How long will the appeal fund be running? I'm skint for next week or so due to Mrs car breaking down.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Up to £459 now, major thanks to one and all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Outstanding. I booked my train tickets from Liverpool last night to be at the game Saturday and pay my respects, match ticket sorted. I imagine there will be donation buckets here, there and everywhere on Sat Gwyn? I'll be throwing plenty in. Feel for Nat.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:40 pm

I think I have donated Gwyn...is there a way to check? Can't see where to add a message but regardless of that its a great idea to start this fund raising...the money is important of course but its more important to the family that people care.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Great words on Sky Sports News Gwyn. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:40 am

Overnight the fund has now risen to close on £700, that is FAN-tastic and so moving, we have had donations from America and quite a few other clubs supporters not just fellow Bluebirds, the tragedy has reached out to the whole football family.

I'm sure Cass Pennant will forgive me for using his name, but he personally sent a donation of £100 which blew me away.
I would like to add, it's not about the amount that people donate, some people are donating two or three pound and the fact that they have remembered Mikey and gone to the trouble of making a donation of any amount is so touching, we all have different circumstances in these difficult times,so the amounts that are donated individually are irrelevant, it all adds up to the fact that people want to help in anyway they can and that is so heart warming, I thank you all once again.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:43 am

BigGwynram wrote:Overnight the fund has now risen to close on £700, that is FAN-tastic and so moving, we have had donations from America and quite a few other clubs supporters not just fellow Bluebirds, the tragedy has reached out to the whole football family.

I'm sure Cass Pennant will forgive me for using his name, but he personally sent a donation of £100 which blew me away.
I would like to add, it's not about the amount that people donate, some people are donating two or three pound and the fact that they have remembered Mikey and gone to the trouble of making a donation of any amount is so touching, we all have different circumstances in these difficult times,so the amounts that are donated individually are irrelevant, it all adds up to the fact that people want to help in anyway they can and that is so heart warming, I thank you all once again.

that is class fair play :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:05 am

Great news gwyn, get this a sticky and keep us updated with the money raised :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:16 am

Is anyone collecting on Saturday i will donate then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:19 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Is anyone collecting on Saturday i will donate then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am hoping Carl or Gwyn will have any of the buckets from the Scott Young Guns appeal and We can collect on in the Ninian Park Pub on Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Is anyone collecting on Saturday i will donate then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am hoping Carl or Gwyn will have any of the buckets from the Scott Young Guns appeal and We can collect on in the Ninian Park Pub on Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

See you there Annis :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:24 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

See you there Annis :ayatollah:

See you Sat Steve :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 am

I've just donated.

Good work Gwyn. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:01 am

corky wrote:I think I have donated Gwyn...is there a way to check? Can't see where to add a message but regardless of that its a great idea to start this fund raising...the money is important of course but its more important to the family that people care.

You should have had a confirmation e mail, cheers for the donation Cork. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 am

£935 at the last look, truly amazing, it's coming from all over, could anyone more useful than me please put the link on to some of the other Welsh clubs or Welsh National sites, I'm sure there are others in wales who would like to help.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:46 am

Any links in how donate pls?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:47 am

Good work Gwyn :ayatollah:

RIP Mikey Dye

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:54 am

SwanseaTown wrote:Any links in how donate pls?

Here you go mate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RHN6TZN7827MN

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:26 am

Done :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Just donated.Thanks for the link that made is so easy.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Me too. That link was was great thanks :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Done.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Done......Fantastic show of support

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Great idea, just donated :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:48 pm

fantastic to see fans from all over the country pulling together, at the end of ther day we are all human beings with feelings, not what the media make us out to be

well done lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:11 pm

New running total at present is £1,234.31p, having some great responses and donations from all corners, mega thanks. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:12 pm

BigGwynram wrote:New running total at present is £1,234.31p, having some great responses and donations from all corners, mega thanks. :ayatollah:

thats brilliant :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:31 pm

fair paly even The Swans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: