Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans Reunited

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi there,

I'm a Brighton fan who used to live in Torfaen and visited Ninian Park years ago and fortunate to have gone to your new stadium last month (I won't talk about the game). I still keep in contact with City fans and know the @fansreunited twitter and facebook campaigns are beginning to move forward. However, we are trying to let as many people know about the plight of Plymouth Argyle. I know they are not in the same division but it wasn't long ago that they were this could happen to any club. At bhafc we know only too well and as I'm sure some of you are aware one of the main personalities involved in the Plymouth situation is Peter Risdale of whom I know you have history with.

Ways you can help

Firstly the players and staff are often not getting paid. The guys (and gals) at Green Taverners have been raising money to help the staff and players out during this time.

Second, on the 24th September and 8th of October there will be a pilgrimage to Home Park to show support for Plymouth. We want representatives of all the teams you can think of to attend wearing their colours. Show solidarity by walking arm in arm with a rival team. Let's make the FA sit up and take notice.

Thirdly, on the 24th September we are fully aware of the full fixture list for that day, so if you are unable to attend Fans Reunited we ask you to wear green to your chosen match. This will give the media a lot to talk about and will hopefully increase the coverage given to this troubled club.

Lastly, spread the word. Facebook, Twitter (#fansreunited), other forums, local media and flyers are just a start of ways to spread the word of this campaign. One person won't make a difference, but many hundreds will. Let's work together for the good of football.

Everyone should be made aware of the problems at Plymouth and do their bit. This campaign isn't just about Plymouth, but it's about the way clubs are run. Too many clubs have gone into administration, some not by their own fault, others from over spending, but NONE should be liquidated.

I hope we can make this into a very successful campaign and show that we can all put rivalries aside and everyone can do their bit.

Thanks for reading butties,

Rich