Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ban club shirts from Internationals?!?!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Wouldn't be such a bad shout, at the end of the day we're all there to follow Wales! Not Ashley Williams in the white shirt or Darcy Blake in the blue, the 11 players who are out there wearing the red! Flags are acceptable if people are mature enough to respect eachothers hometown etc, just think something should be done!

Re: Ban club shirts from Internationals?!?!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:23 pm

I see where you're coming from, but it shouldn't have to come for that. How ever it could be the only option. :|

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:05 pm

wats the matter m8 felt like u was in the home end of a cardiff game did it??? a bit, um wats the word intimidated :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:11 pm

if there were 100s of jack tops at wales games he woudnt say a thing..
maybe you should ban your rugby songs at football :lol:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Beasty1988 wrote:wats the matter m8 felt like u was in the home end of a cardiff game did it??? a bit, um wats the word intimidated :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that statement sums it up , support your country not your club at internationals

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 pm

jinks-rct wrote:if there were 100s of jack tops at wales games he woudnt say a thing..
maybe you should ban your rugby songs at football :lol:

Didn't take long for you to ignore all the calls on here to build bridges between both sets of supporters did it? Not much hope really is there with fans like you. He is making a really valid suggestion.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Beasty1988 wrote:wats the matter m8 felt like u was in the home end of a cardiff game did it??? a bit, um wats the word intimidated :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you been reading the posts on here or what? Not much hope of building bridges with the Swans fans with people like you about is there!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:48 pm

dont see whats funny about this post

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Club shirts at Scotland games are frowned upon. I even got moaned at for wearing my City & Bankies pin badges. On Saturday boys from all different mobs went out together for a drink and to watch the game.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Fair comment, if i was a shirter id never wear my club top at international match. One because Its not Cardiff playing, Two if it attracts any attention its likely to be negative. No need.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:19 am

nice to hear tht there are genuine fans amongst you who also think its time we need to do something about it! I know ppl talk about scotland but it's different the vast majority of Celtic fans follow Ireland so there isn't really a massive rivalry going into the interenationals, nevertheless they're civilised enough to wear the Scottish shirt and get on with one another! I was talking to Annis about this in the summer and now something like this comes up, youd think we'd want to veer away from shouts like "youre intimidated" and "too scared", could you imagine what would happen if i went in to the CCS with a Swans shirt on?!?!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:31 am

I do think though that this only seems to be a problem for Cardiff/Swans shirts. I was at a Wales game with a red City shirt on and a Jack had a go about it. My responce to him was why didn't he say anything to the Wales fans with Man U and Liverpool shirts on first? There was plenty of those around and surely they are much bigger fish to fry.

I don't have a problem with Welsh club shirts at Wales games. I do have a problem with English club shirts being worn though and surely should be the focus.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Ideally we could all wear our shirts and sit / stand together peacefully and get behind the guys on the pitch representing OUR country. But, we all know that ain't gonna happen so this is probably for the best.