Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How I feel !!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 am

I heard last night in work when someone told me. There was only 1700 there and my first thought was my mates on here that went. I text Annis to find out and he replied that it was one of his best mates.
I was shocked I met Mikey only the once up Newcasle and he was warm and friendly, but as most of you on here I really only knew him as Ely Trendy.
I feel empty as i have made a lot of Friends on here and some have become close Friends and others I count as Friends even though I have never met some of you and that is the power of this Forum. If I make any sense saying that !!
I feel for his Family and close Friends who have lost someone really special and this Forum has lost a special character .
It is also heart warming of other supporters to feel the loss of a real football fan and also a touching post by Swansealad 69 who is a regular on here.
Saturday we will raise a glass to Mikey Dye because he deserves to be remembered.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: How I feel !!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:42 am

A good post from the heart Steve.
Yes we will raise our glasses on saturday :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:47 am

Im gutted known Mikey since the 80s im in total shock.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:50 am

birchblue wrote:Im gutted known Mikey since the 80s im in total shock.

I feel for you Chief and we as a Forum are here for anyone that needs it.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:56 am

known mikey since the 80s only to say hi feel for his close family and friends

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:14 pm

I have been deeply shocked by this news and although I never met Mr Dye as a Bluebird fan it's like losing a member of your extended family. Another quiet humbling thing is to see so many messages of condolence from fans of other football clubs, but that's football and what it brings to all our lives one big football mad family.

Against this background of fans coming together to mourn the sad loss of a fellow fan is that vile article in todays Daily Mail, well I never met Mike but rightly or wrongly I have made a complaint the Press Complaints Commission. I maybe a soft sod but I had to do this for Mike and his family;

I believe this article to be completely lacking in sensitivity, compassion and any level of consideration for his family. At a time of such terrible loss for his family to read that these journalists have written an article basically painting him as a longterm football hooligan is beneath contempt.

There will no doubt be a full investigation of the circumstances surrounding events which led to the death of Mr Dye, at that time when the full facts are available that would be the time to reflect on this terrible incident.

But to paint such a picture on only basic information, less than 12 hours after the event, is surely totally lacking in compassion for the family of Mr Dye.

Thats how I feel today I had to do something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:23 pm

/\ /\
I 100% agree with this. I was appalled when I saw this first thing this morning. Disgraceful journalism

RIP Mikey Dye

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:43 pm

castleblue wrote:I have been deeply shocked by this news and although I never met Mr Dye as a Bluebird fan it's like losing a member of your extended family. Another quiet humbling thing is to see so many messages of condolence from fans of other football clubs, but that's football and what it brings to all our lives one big football mad family.

Against this background of fans coming together to mourn the sad loss of a fellow fan is that vile article in todays Daily Mail, well I never met Mike but rightly or wrongly I have made a complaint the Press Complaints Commission. I maybe a soft sod but I had to do this for Mike and his family;

I believe this article to be completely lacking in sensitivity, compassion and any level of consideration for his family. At a time of such terrible loss for his family to read that these journalists have written an article basically painting him as a longterm football hooligan is beneath contempt.

There will no doubt be a full investigation of the circumstances surrounding events which led to the death of Mr Dye, at that time when the full facts are available that would be the time to reflect on this terrible incident.

But to paint such a picture on only basic information, less than 12 hours after the event, is surely totally lacking in compassion for the family of Mr Dye.

Thats how I feel today I had to do something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your spot on mate. Condolences to his family and friends.

I didnt know Mr Dye but that article was disgusting and I have also made a complaint! :old: And urge any other fans who are annoyed by the article to do like wise! :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:47 pm

castleblue wrote:I have been deeply shocked by this news and although I never met Mr Dye as a Bluebird fan it's like losing a member of your extended family. Another quiet humbling thing is to see so many messages of condolence from fans of other football clubs, but that's football and what it brings to all our lives one big football mad family.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I heard last night in work when someone told me. There was only 1700 there and my first thought was my mates on here that went. I text Annis to find out and he replied that it was one of his best mates.
I was shocked I met Mikey only the once up Newcasle and he was warm and friendly, but as most of you on here I really only knew him as Ely Trendy.
I feel empty as i have made a lot of Friends on here and some have become close Friends and others I count as Friends even though I have never met some of you and that is the power of this Forum. If I make any sense saying that !!
I feel for his Family and close Friends who have lost someone really special and this Forum has lost a special character .
It is also heart warming of other supporters to feel the loss of a real football fan and also a touching post by Swansealad 69 who is a regular on here.
Saturday we will raise a glass to Mikey Dye because he deserves to be remembered.

Steve, I can Honestly say I do not know anyone who disliked Mikey, He was also one of the most Genuine/Best Friends I will ever have. RIP.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Loads new of him - a good guy.

its so sad
Will the forum be getting a tribute for our brother?
i think we should cos everyone is gutted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I heard last night in work when someone told me. There was only 1700 there and my first thought was my mates on here that went. I text Annis to find out and he replied that it was one of his best mates.

Top Post Nukes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: