Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FLOWERS FOR MIKEY

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 am

I have spoken to Wayne Nash at the club and the club are fully behind any plans we have to commemorate Mikeys life. I have spoken to Annis and a few others and they also feel as I do as fans we want to show some fellowship and respect to a fellow football fan.

The club are more than happy for fans to leave flowers outside reception before the build up to Saturdays game, I think this is a great gesture and will give a lot of us chance to leave some flowers or a momento and have 5 minutes to gather our thoughts and memories of Mikey before going into the stadium.

I am sure some of us can come up with other things to reflect on this tragedy and whilst his family and close friends must be in bits, certain gestures can help a little and show how so many of us felt about Mikey and how popular he really was.

I have spoken to Vince this morning and he is wrecked, he actually witnessed the incident and was really close to Mikey, none of us really know how to deal with it, it's all so sad and tragic.

Re: FLOWERS FOR MIKEY

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 am

id say instead of outside reception we should put it outside the ninian gates like done in this picture. and urge all fans to use the city walk and go passed the gates and stop to show their respect
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59097&start=240

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:28 am

a horse with no name wrote:id say instead of outside reception we should put it outside the ninian gates like done in this picture. and urge all fans to use the city walk and go passed the gates and stop to show their respect

Let's confuse things even more shall we, the club have agreed to the original suggestion, if you want to ring them and set something else up, then get on with it.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:36 am

BigGwynram wrote:
a horse with no name wrote:id say instead of outside reception we should put it outside the ninian gates like done in this picture. and urge all fans to use the city walk and go passed the gates and stop to show their respect

Let's confuse things even more shall we, the club have agreed to the original suggestion, if you want to ring them and set something else up, then get on with it.

well fans are putting things there already so no harm keeping the things there and doing both. anything to show respect for him and his family.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:23 pm

I think a collection for the family could be organized by the club, give the stewards a bucket each.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Gwyn, An excellent idea.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 pm

The unity between all the Bluebirds at this tragic time is heartwarming and to see Mike Dye's memory being respected.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:59 pm

It will give a lot of us a chance to get together at one spot and pay our respects, I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when i say we feel helpless and want to do something or anything to help or at least show what Mikey meant to so many of us.

We may quarrel amongst ourselves and with other football fans from other clubs, we all have different opinions and life styles, but we are all football fans and at times like this should stick together like a real family, it puts things into perspective when something as sad and tragic as this happens. :(

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Think we should ask for 1 min silence before game ?

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Great idea. Gives everyone a chance to pay their respects :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Yes well said Gywn. The season is meant to be an exciting time and 'friendly' rivalry banter keeps the season alive, but for Mikey to lose his life is beyond, and will anyone really come to terms that there was no reason for this.
Well done to everyone today for all their efforts to support his family

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Excellent idea.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Blue army I think the one min silence along with the flowers outside CCFC or by the dugout is a good idea and with family's permission a pic if him on screen as we all stand for the one min silence ?

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:15 pm

I would urge everyone to leave the whispers, rumours and stories going around the internet tonight where they are out of respect for Mikey’s family members and leave your condolences here. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/1440 ... p_activity

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Or a minute's applause? I also like that more than a minute's silence to be honest.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Very true mate I'm new to this site so don't hardly know any contacts but that seems the best idea but then again it's up to you guys and CCFC ?

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Ive had the tears already . I think applause at the match is more appropriate. Just my opinion, I will join in whatever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:48 pm

That's a great idea Gwyn.
I do prefer a minutes silence tbh but an applause is also acceptable as long as it shows the respect Mike, Natalie and their family deserve, I will do whatever everyone else wants.
I only realised a few hours ago that Mike and Natalie are very good friends of myself, wife and kids as at first his name didn't register with my head, although the name was familiar and not until I saw a picture of him I realised that he and his wife used to come into my bar in Tenerife and became good friends with my family and I. I am totally in shock as to what has happened and can't believe it.
Sincere condolences to Natalie and the rest of the family.
R.I.P Mikey
Steve, Alison, Antonella & Gabriella :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Tributes have been left on the Ninian Gates throughout the afternoon and one of the tv stations were conducting from there too

:ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Have just been told, and don't know how factual, but why would anyone make it up, that one of Mikeys boys is sitting slumped up against the gates with his head in his hands, brought tears to my eyes just picturing it.

I think the club are looking at a minutes silence rather than a minutes applause, I think this is more in line with the tragic circumstances surrounding events, either way I know the club are fully behind all efforts to help in anyway.

Also on that note i would like to add that Steve Borley and Sam Hammam have both rung me and asked me to pass on their condolences, at times like this we should all stick together.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:26 pm

Guys what do you think of some sort of collection for Natalie and the kids? Still cannot believe I'll never see him again x

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:35 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I have spoken to Wayne Nash at the club and the club are fully behind any plans we have to commemorate Mikeys life. I have spoken to Annis and a few others and they also feel as I do as fans we want to show some fellowship and respect to a fellow football fan.

The club are more than happy for fans to leave flowers outside reception before the build up to Saturdays game, I think this is a great gesture and will give a lot of us chance to leave some flowers or a momento and have 5 minutes to gather our thoughts and memories of Mikey before going into the stadium.

I am sure some of us can come up with other things to reflect on this tragedy and whilst his family and close friends must be in bits, certain gestures can help a little and show how so many of us felt about Mikey and how popular he really was.

I have spoken to Vince this morning and he is wrecked, he actually witnessed the incident and was really close to Mikey, none of us really know how to deal with it, it's all so sad and tragic.

Just had a phone call from the club and the gates have now turned into shrine and fans are gathering as we speak, with this in mind we should now follow this and use this as the area to leave flowers scarves flags or just our thoughts.
I know either way our fans will do Mikey and his family proud, for them to see how much he meant to so many.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:18 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Have just been told, and don't know how factual, but why would anyone make it up, that one of Mikeys boys is sitting slumped up against the gates with his head in his hands, brought tears to my eyes just picturing it.

That's really sad, quite tragic. Really feel for his family. RIP

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 pm

maybe a min applause and singing his name ?

but i don't min silence either. lets hope we get 3 points for him to :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:21 pm

I would urge everyone to leave the whispers, rumours and stories going around the internet tonight where they are out of respect for Mikey’s family members and leave your condolences here : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1440918 ... =group_r2j

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 am

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Ive had the tears already . I think applause at the match is more appropriate. Just my opinion, I will join in whatever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As I posted on another link I did not knone "Mikey" but was totally gutted when I heard the sad news

Reading the messages left my those that did know him has been quite dificult to read without getting upset

It would be great if those with links to the club could organise as much as they can to recognise this man and I am sure that it would be met by a tremendous response by the fans.

Lets make this game "Mikeys"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:36 am

THE DON wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Have just been told, and don't know how factual, but why would anyone make it up, that one of Mikeys boys is sitting slumped up against the gates with his head in his hands, brought tears to my eyes just picturing it.

That's really sad, quite tragic. Really feel for his family. RIP

Yes indeed the lad was sitting outside the old Ninian gates coz Sky showed it but didnt say who he was ......... its fitting for Mikey that memories of Ninian Park have become part of the shrine . I shall be tying a scarf on the railings ( if there's any room left ) before the game Saturday !