Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A tribute

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:35 am

As we are all now aware one of our own tragically died at Wembley last night. I have placed a Cardiff City top on the'old Ninian Park gates as a tribute to a loyal Bluebird. This has been followed by another shirt, scarves and a bunch of flowers.

My deepest sympathies go to Dyo's family and closest friends.

If you feel you want to, please feel free to add to this.

If it is possible it would be nice as a mark of respect the gates are left closed on Saturday and a tribute left for a gentleman who has followed the City & Wales (everywhere) for decades - the original Ely Trendy - Regards and respect RIP.

Nipsy! :ayatollah:

Re: A tribute

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:36 am

01443casual wrote:As we are all now aware one of our own tragically died at Wembley last night. I have placed a Cardiff City top on the'old Ninian Park gates as a tribute to a loyal Bluebird. This has been followed by another shirt, scarves and a bunch of flowers.

My deepest sympathies go to Dyo's family and closest friends.

If you feel you want to, please feel free to add to this.

If it is possible it would be nice as a mark of respect the gates are left closed on Saturday and a tribute left for a gentleman who has followed the City & Wales (everywhere) for decades - the original Ely Trendy - Regards and respect RIP.

Nipsy! :ayatollah:

I think thats a good idea, you should contact the club. RIP Mikey. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 am

the whole of england are shocked that a gentle person cant even go to a football match,rest in peace micky

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07 am

fasteddie wrote:the whole of england are shocked that a gentle person cant even go to a football match,rest in peace micky

Thank you fasteddie, I thought your poem was really touching too, you're a good bloke

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:49 am

That tribute of the shirt is a great thought and idea,
If I was nearer to Cardiff I would do the same n bring something along,

Bluebird 4 life RIP

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:51 am

There are now two Welsh flags and another scarf also.. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:22 pm

The Ninian Park gates are now full - well done City fans a true show of respect for a fellow loyal Bluebird :ayatollah: