Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOOTBALL FANS COMING TOGETHER

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:54 am

In the time of tragedy it is warming and comforting to see football fans coming together. The Jacks, Stoke fans, Bristol City, Orient, Spurs and more. Football is our way of life but its not worth dying for. RIP Ely Trendy :cry:

Re: FOOTBALL FANS COMING TOGETHER

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:55 am

Man City, Derby just some more :ayatollah: :cry:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:57 am

agree. lots of tributes over each and everyclubs websites from bradford to pompey, stoke to sunderland etc....

it just shows that 99% are genuine fans of football ....

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:11 am

can't believe this happened to mike. R.I.P mate :(

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 am

:ayatollah: ````````````````

I agree.....

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

I feel choked this morning.

It's very touching to see so many fans of other teams sending their best wishes. Just shows whatever footy fan's differences and loyalties, they're all good people people at heart.

Thank you all :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:38 am

It has been very touching to see the support clubs have been giving. In another example on a slightly less emotional scale, Brighton fans are wearing colours to their game this weekend in support of Plymouth Argyle's plight. We are all just one big family at the end of the day and in this desperate time of tragedy it is small compensation, but compensation nonetheless, that we are all there for each other. That is what separates football from any other sport.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:59 am

its only right that all fans pay respect, football fans are one big familyno matter how big the rivalary its nothing compared to such a tragic loss of life.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:08 am

Nuclearblue wrote:In the time of tragedy it is warming and comforting to see football fans coming together. The Jacks, Stoke fans, Bristol City, Orient, Spurs and more. Football is our way of life but its not worth dying for. RIP Ely Trendy :cry:

its really moving the amount of people on the main thread who have registered today just to show respect.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm a Bristol City fan,been to your place many a time. Had some fun and games down the years with you as well.
But at the end of the day were all football fans and I'm sure would get on well with each other if we met anywhere other than across a fence in the ground.
Its shocking what has happened at Wembley, and my heart goes out to Mikes wife and children.I cant imagine what there going through, it must be terrible.

We have all been guilty of letting rivalry get the better of us over the years, but what really is the point of it? Were all the same but just live in different Towns and City's.
Let's all hope that some good can come from this tragedy.
Give Mike a great send off on Saturday, I'm sure it will be a very emotional day.
Cheers.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:09 pm

any links to how you now there paying respect!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:16 pm

mount-bluebird wrote:any links to how you now there paying respect!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Numerous threads on this board my friend. Too many to hunt down and link.

Just read through the ones related to the condolences.