Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ASHLEY WILLIAMS

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Berwyn wrote:Surely their goal was down to Ledley who made it too easy for the cross to come in. Fact is when a cross like that comes in then most of the work has been done. Very hard to defend. Ledley should have done a lot better in closing him down. I would also go as far to say that out of the 11 players on the pitch Ledley was probably the weakest performer on there.

Joe wasn't fantastic admittedly but he was out of position on the left - he hasn't played there for a couple of seasons.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Bobbanker89 wrote:The man is not an international CB this isn't because I am a Cardiff fan because as i also thnk that Taylor did extremely well the past two games that he has been involved in. You dont give a player like Ashley young that amount of space in the box and Get away with it. People will slate earnie for missing that chance but if Williams haddnt been thinking about shagging horse or stocking pegs then there would have been no goal. On a positive note I would just like to say that it has been awesome to watch Wales over the past 2 games and see how things are going. I am proud to say that I am a welsh football fan after that performance tonight and especially darcy blake, I think Cardiff city have found their new centre half may be young paring of Blake and turner will spice things up a bit?

Well done boys, now back to the business end of things and earny to get that miss out of his system with another championship hat rick!!,!!,!,!, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Williams is shit

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:19 pm

JonScam wrote:I thought both Williams and Blake were immense for us last night. If I was to attribute blame for the goal I would assign it to Ledley...as soon as a player of Downings quality is allowed to get to the by-line so close to goal, it makes a centre halfs job so hard when he had ample time and space to pick a pass

Finally some sense.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:19 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Bobbanker89 wrote:The man is not an international CB this isn't because I am a Cardiff fan because as i also thnk that Taylor did extremely well the past two games that he has been involved in. You dont give a player like Ashley young that amount of space in the box and Get away with it. People will slate earnie for missing that chance but if Williams haddnt been thinking about shagging horse or stocking pegs then there would have been no goal. On a positive note I would just like to say that it has been awesome to watch Wales over the past 2 games and see how things are going. I am proud to say that I am a welsh football fan after that performance tonight and especially darcy blake, I think Cardiff city have found their new centre half may be young paring of Blake and turner will spice things up a bit?

Well done boys, now back to the business end of things and earny to get that miss out of his system with another championship hat rick!!,!!,!,!, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Williams is shit

Great insight !

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:24 pm

stjohnsafc wrote:Agreed!

Especially considering the opposition, I thought the back four for Wales were immense!!

Gunter, Blake, Williams, Taylor.............that has to be a consistent selection going forward

I find it totally bizzare that any of the welsh players are getting criticised, I thought they all gave 110%!

Williams is by far and away the best welsh centre back we have!! plus he gives us the extra option of a brilliant range of passing from the back

Taylor, considering his lack of experience, coped extremely well against Downing and Johnson, every time he got into a foot race with either of them he blew them away, some of his tackles were brilliant!

For me Ramsey was our best player and probably Morrison was our worst (if I had to choose, don't really rate Morrison at all!)

Totally agree about Taylor. He is only young and has just a couple of Wales games under his belt. Excellent prospect, but shame he plays for the Jacks :lol: :ayatollah:

I'd have Morison ahead of Earnshaw - he gives us much more of a presence up front and it's either him or Earnie so I'd go for Morison. He'll get better with Prem experience.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:just saw the england goal again, blake and williams created a huge gap for young to slot home.

Maybe it was just good movement from Young.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Williams was crap and Taylor wasn't much better as Downing had the beating of him everytime, although in the young full backs defence he is young and certain to improve.

However, my main point would be when is Darcy Blake going to get the full praise he deserves? Last night he marked Rooney (one of the best players on the planet and who is in terrific form) out of the game and almost set up Earnie for an equalizer.

I have always thought DB as a terrific player who is seriously under valued.

Darcy was very good but you have to take into consideration the fact Rooney had absolutely zero support. It was only Taylor's second competitive game for Wales I think, so we shouldn't be too hard on him. He actually dealt pretty well with Downing, considering his inexperience at international level.

And I'm sorry, but how was Williams crap ?

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:34 pm

I think they all had a decent game,when you think how high in the rankings england are. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Lads Williams did a good job last night,he was not at fault for the goal,and allso blake looked good.
What you are forgeting here is the fact we played England on the back of a good win last week and on ther soil,and how many times did you here rooneys name?our defence marked him out of the game and england for all ther stars struggled to make chances
I watch swans every week and Williams is a solid lad and can pass,he and wales did well last night and will grow and gain confidence from this.
As for taylor ok he got caught out once or twice,but this lad has it all,let's not forget he was playing non league footy a year ago for wrexham and now he does not look out of place for wales.
He is only 22 aswell,he loves to get forward and good solid tackler to go with it and a good football head,if he carrys on his improvement he could be as good as cole.
And also found it strainge ramsey was man of the match?all night it was bail.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Anyone who'd put Taylor's performance above Williams' last night should just give up on football as they are utterly clueless.

I'd still have Rickettsia in ahead of Taylor when he is fit, but I can't see two better CBs out there than Williams.

Gunter and Ledley seem to have gone backwards since leaving

Ramsey, as everyone knows, is an immense talent so if we can get the right balance around him, we should be a decent side for years to come, if we can find a striker.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:03 pm

BlooDan wrote:Anyone who'd put Taylor's performance above Williams' last night should just give up on football as they are utterly clueless.

I'd still have Rickettsia in ahead of Taylor when he is fit, but I can't see two better CBs out there than Williams.

Gunter and Ledley seem to have gone backwards since leaving

Ramsey, as everyone knows, is an immense talent so if we can get the right balance around him, we should be a decent side for years to come, if we can find a striker.

Ricketts is average IMO. Taylor is younger, left-footed (which does tend to help when you are playing at left-back), quick, and also a good tackler. I know his positioning was poor in the build-up to the England goal but that will only come with age I guess.

Gunter did extremely well against Young considering the form he's in for the mancs. Joe was played on the left out of sheer necessity as Bellamy was suspended, and although he let Downing get past him a bit too easily for the goal, he did fine. Seems a tad bitter saying they've gone backwards, in fact I would argue the opposite has happened.