Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ASHLEY WILLIAMS

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:17 pm

The man is not an international CB this isn't because I am a Cardiff fan because as i also thnk that Taylor did extremely well the past two games that he has been involved in. You dont give a player like Ashley young that amount of space in the box and Get away with it. People will slate earnie for missing that chance but if Williams haddnt been thinking about shagging horse or stocking pegs then there would have been no goal. On a positive note I would just like to say that it has been awesome to watch Wales over the past 2 games and see how things are going. I am proud to say that I am a welsh football fan after that performance tonight and especially darcy blake, I think Cardiff city have found their new centre half may be young paring of Blake and turner will spice things up a bit?

Well done boys, now back to the business end of things and earny to get that miss out of his system with another championship hat rick!!,!!,!,!, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ASHLEY WILLIAMS

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Oh come on, the criticism of him is ridiculous ! Just because he's a jack :roll: And regarding their goal - it was actually Taylor (who was once again outstanding) who was out of position and left Joe to try and cope with Downing.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Oh come on, the criticism of him is ridiculous ! Just because he's a jack :roll: And regarding their goal - it was actually Taylor (who was once again outstanding) who was out of position and left Joe to try and cope with Downing.

Sorry but i refuse to believe that. He got dragged out of position And it's nt because he is a jack like I said in the original post it's because he is just not good enough. FACT.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Williams fucks up everytime he puts on a welsh shirt.... Then again Collins, gabbidon haven't looked great either...

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Bobbanker89 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Oh come on, the criticism of him is ridiculous ! Just because he's a jack :roll: And regarding their goal - it was actually Taylor (who was once again outstanding) who was out of position and left Joe to try and cope with Downing.

Sorry but i refuse to believe that. He got dragged out of position And it's nt because he is a jack like I said in the original post it's because he is just not good enough. FACT.

Watch it back again and you'll see that Williams is covering the front post as he should be while behind him Blake lets Young drift off without tracking him into the gap between the two.

Unless Williams gets a shout to pick him up, he would have needed eyes in the back of his head.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:40 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Bobbanker89 wrote:

Watch it back again and you'll see that Williams is covering the front post as he should be while behind him Blake lets Young drift off without tracking him into the gap between the two.

Unless Williams gets a shout to pick him up, he would have needed eyes in the back of his head.

If u watch it again he get dragged to the ball, needless to say he had made far to many errors and lacks the quality to be an international. If I had to put money on who was the "premier" cb then that would have been darcy for 2 games in a row now.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:42 pm

i dont think we can criticise any players performance tonight... players like young , rooney etc are always going to find a yard of space.. ok maybe we switched off for a 2nd, but thats all it takes..

i personally thought we defended really well, especially in the 2nd half... i was also impressed with young taylor at left back.. will def be the left back choice for the future..

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Didn't really have a lot to depend, midfield shone for me.

Taylor was ok, made some great tackles but dodgy positioning and downing had him on the run.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i dont think we can criticise any players performance tonight... players like young , rooney etc are always going to find a yard of space.. ok maybe we switched off for a 2nd, but thats all it takes..

i personally thought we defended really well, especially in the 2nd half... i was also impressed with young taylor at left back.. will def be the left back choice for the future..

Totally agree mate, but the thing is that he makes Teheran wrong decisions and mistake at least one a game and u can't do that at that level. We need to be solid there because we are going to come up against people like England who have the ability to do that more and more. Wales where excellent tonight all I am saying is there are better options than ashley Williams.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Bobbanker89 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i dont think we can criticise any players performance tonight... players like young , rooney etc are always going to find a yard of space.. ok maybe we switched off for a 2nd, but thats all it takes..

Totally agree mate, but the thing is that he makes Teheran wrong decisions and mistake at least one a game and u can't do that at that level. We need to be solid there because we are going to come up against people like England who have the ability to do that more and more. Wales where excellent tonight all I am saying is there are better options than ashley Williams.

Like who exactly? Collins? Gabbidon? Both worse than him and both woudn't be comfortable in the system Wales play now.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 pm

You rate Williams Higher than Collins :/

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:You rate Williams Higher than Collins :/

Collins has dropped far more bollocks than Williams mate. He cost Wales against Bulgaria last time out.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:25 pm

bloo wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:You rate Williams Higher than Collins :/

Collins has dropped far more bollocks than Williams mate. He cost Wales against Bulgaria last time out.

Can't agree, neither have been great but Williams has cost us more often considering the caps ratio.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:48 pm

I must admit I was very surprised with Darcy starting tonight but he was very good to be fair. Would've thought Speed would pick Collins so fair play to him !

Williams was excellent as well. Really, really can't see why people slate him on here. He can't be a bad player if he's playing in the Premier League, and was a mainstay of a Swansea side which had the second-best defence in the Championship last season. Admittedly he isn't perfect, but who is ? Collins is a good player and like I've said I expected him to start, I really did, but unfortunately he makes too many mistakes when playing for Wales !

Regarding the goal, Joe shouldn't have let Downing get past him as easily as he did - that was the real mistake. We could talk about the players' positioning all day long !

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 pm

You have to remember the back four for Wales is never really settled and Williams is getting different CB partners every game almost. Blake and Williams could work over time.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Williams was excellent as well. Really, really can't see why people slate him on here. He can't be a bad player if he's playing in the Premier League, and was a mainstay of a Swansea side which had the second-best defence in the Championship last season. Admittedly he isn't perfect, but who is ? Collins is a good player and like I've said I expected him to start, I really did, but unfortunately he makes too many mistakes when playing for Wales !

So all premiership players are good players and good international?
Only seen him for a few Swansea games but he should have cost them promotion in the play/offs because of silly mistakes the ref missed.

Regarding the goal, Joe shouldn't have let Downing get past him as easily as he did - that was the real mistake. We could talk about the players' positioning all day long !

Ledley clearly at fault but why was he at left back covering downing? Because Taylor was massively out of position.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I must admit I was very surprised with Darcy starting tonight but he was very good to be fair. Would've thought Speed would pick Collins so fair play to him !

If u don't let the ball out of your own half then u won concede, we have Danny Collins that can play there. He has a lack of composure and opts for the lump I option before anything else. I would rather see james collins there than Williams. The mistakes that collins has made Williams has been at the side of him. Must be a decent player to play for villa week in week out?

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:01 am

Williams is top quality. He'll be playing for a top 5 side within the next 2 years

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:44 am

I haven't read through all the posts but I totally agree witht he topic here. Again, this is NOT because I am Cardiff as I agree that Taylor has been superb in the past 2 games and to be honest, I hoping for Joe Allen to make an appareance as I think he has excellent mobility in the middle of the park.

As for Williams.... wow! He surely must be the most overrated defender in recent times. He's slow, his distribution is dreadful, his positioning is shocking and he has a head like a 50p! I think that James Collins has been bad in recent games for us but I think that after last nights showing, it HAS to be Darcy and James Collins in central defence.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:59 am

ffs wrote:Williams is top quality. He'll be playing for a top 5 side within the next 2 years

Agree entirely. Whilst Bangor or TNS may be a bit far for him, I'm sure he'd be right at home in Llanelli or Neath.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:40 am

Taylor played mediocre, his fault they bloody scored anyway, downing could do anything with him.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:48 am

Surely their goal was down to Ledley who made it too easy for the cross to come in. Fact is when a cross like that comes in then most of the work has been done. Very hard to defend. Ledley should have done a lot better in closing him down. I would also go as far to say that out of the 11 players on the pitch Ledley was probably the weakest performer on there.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:49 am

Berwyn wrote:Surely their goal was down to Ledley who made it too easy for the cross to come in. Fact is when a cross like that comes in then most of the work has been done. Very hard to defend. Ledley should have done a lot better in closing him down. I would also go as far to say that out of the 11 players on the pitch Ledley was probably the weakest performer on there.

Yea he was lazy, as usual, Ramsey on the other hand was fecking fantastic. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:21 am

I thought both Williams and Blake were immense for us last night. If I was to attribute blame for the goal I would assign it to Ledley...as soon as a player of Downings quality is allowed to get to the by-line so close to goal, it makes a centre halfs job so hard when he had ample time and space to pick a pass

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 am

Agreed!

Especially considering the opposition, I thought the back four for Wales were immense!!

Gunter, Blake, Williams, Taylor.............that has to be a consistent selection going forward

I find it totally bizzare that any of the welsh players are getting criticised, I thought they all gave 110%!

Williams is by far and away the best welsh centre back we have!! plus he gives us the extra option of a brilliant range of passing from the back

Taylor, considering his lack of experience, coped extremely well against Downing and Johnson, every time he got into a foot race with either of them he blew them away, some of his tackles were brilliant!

For me Ramsey was our best player and probably Morrison was our worst (if I had to choose, don't really rate Morrison at all!)

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 am

just saw the england goal again, blake and williams created a huge gap for young to slot home.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:25 pm

This is bollocks. For starters Taylor gave downing too much time and allowed him to get the cross in.

Williams had a good game yesterday for our country, get your blue blinkers off

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:26 pm

WILLIAMS IS A SHIT MOTHER FUCKER

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Williams was crap and Taylor wasn't much better as Downing had the beating of him everytime, although in the young full backs defence he is young and certain to improve.

However, my main point would be when is Darcy Blake going to get the full praise he deserves? Last night he marked Rooney (one of the best players on the planet and who is in terrific form) out of the game and almost set up Earnie for an equalizer.

I have always thought DB as a terrific player who is seriously under valued.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Taylor played mediocre, his fault they bloody scored anyway, downing could do anything with him.

Can't accept that sorry - Taylor had another good game considering he was up against a very experienced Premier League player in Downing. He was only playing in the Conference about 18 months ago !