Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

England V Wales. Shouldnt the ITV commentators be neutral ?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:52 pm

I can understand on the scale of things in the UK we are little Wales football wise, but seeing as ITV is a British channel should the commentators be rooting for England during this international derby ?

We are both British teams at the end of the day. And BBC Radio Wales supposedly dosen't adopt a biased to Cardiff or Swansea, so why are ITV being biased to England, acting like we are some foreign country who hope we lose ?

Re: England V Wales. Shouldnt the ITV commentators be neutral ?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:34 pm

It's ITV. It's shite.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Yeah, to be fair, Townsend is clearly gunning for Wales. He is bumming us and making subtle points about how shit England are. I do agree though, the main commentator shouldn't be pro-England if it's a British TV channel. The same goes for BBC though.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:53 pm

This topic was on my mind a lot tonight. Shouldn't there be a Welsh commentator if both nations are playing and being broadcast via the same channel both nations view?? I Englishman and fake Irish/Englishman is just wrong. I cant blame them not being able to hide their biase toward England...I just think Hartson should be on the mic to level things out.