Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

*** ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread ***

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Tonight's teams.. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -live.html

Re: *** ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread ***

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:34 pm

COME ON WALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:36 pm

just having a couple of cold 1's lets hope its a good game and the boys do themselves proud. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:37 pm

saddam wrote:just having a couple of cold 1's lets hope its a good game and the boys do themselves proud. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Good Luck to Wales :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anyone had a bet in this game,or what's everyones thinking on this game,can we get a draw :?:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/int ... les/winner

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:42 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Luck to Wales :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anyone had a bet in this game,or what's everyones thinking on this game,can we get a draw :?:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/int ... les/winner

hopefully we might be able to nick something from it ;) :ayatollah:

Tony, I couldn't believe the 20/1 odds.....I had to have a sneaky fiver :lol: :lol: ..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I like the fact darcy starts for wales and not cardiff.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Marc wrote:Tony, I couldn't believe the 20/1 odds.....I had to have a sneaky fiver :lol: :lol: ..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can't remember odds as big as that on Wales for a long time Marc :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:46 pm

You have nothing to worry about Cymru , go get them english shit !

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:52 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Marc wrote:Tony, I couldn't believe the 20/1 odds.....I had to have a sneaky fiver :lol: :lol: ..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can't remember odds as big as that on Wales for a long time Marc :ayatollah:

Got 22/1 at Victor Chandler so gambled a sneaker fiver. Got a bit greedy though and did a double with Scotland so thats my fiver drifting into the wilderness of wherever :roll:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:57 pm

10 Mins gone ( 0-0 ) - Not a shot at goal :roll:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:58 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:10 Mins gone ( 0-0 ) - Not a shot at goal :roll:

playing ok so far :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Yes, very positive.. England not looking anything special, and Wales keeping the ball well.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:03 pm

saddam wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:10 Mins gone ( 0-0 ) - Not a shot at goal :roll:

playing ok so far :ayatollah:

Agree Saddam :ayatollah: - This is now the longest England have gone without scoring the 1st goal ;)

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:07 pm

now give the ball to Bale and let him run at milner ;)

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Booking for Milner and Bale is tearing him a new arsehole at the moment, think I may put another fiver on :D

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:10 pm

I fancy us getting the 1st goal.. Some lovely football so far by Wales... Watching us tonight you would never belive we were ranked so low in the Fifa rankings. Even the commentators can't belive it.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:18 pm

30 mins gone ( 0-0 ) Wales playing well :D

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Ahhh shite. Ashley young goal :(

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:21 pm

1-0 :cry:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:24 pm

apart from that Wales have played very well hope they don't let it get to them and affect the way they playing. still alot of positives in the 1st 35 mins :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:24 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:30 mins gone ( 0-0 ) Wales playing well :D

Shut the fk up !

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:29 pm

saddam wrote:apart from that Wales have played very well hope they don't let it get to them and affect the way they playing. still alot of positives in the 1st 35 mins :ayatollah:

A lot of positives so far. Though England have stepped up the tempo since the goal which I guessed would happen. We just need to belive in ourselves and carry on playing the way we have been for the 1st 30 mins.

The difference in quality up front from England was always going to show, but we have controlled the game well for large periods of the 1st half and if we carry on like this we could still sneak a goal and maybe get a draw out of this game.

If we let our heads drop though as we usually do we will end up losing 3 or 4 nil though.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Excellent first half. Such a shame Bellamy is out as it would give us so many more options and an extra dimension.

Williams at fault for the goals but standard for Williams.

Dunno what to make of Taylor, has made some very good tackles but is getting way to easily. Good experience for him I guess.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:34 pm

not a bad 1st half display from the Welsh. goal apart i thought they were on top for alot of it and england only started to play abit after they scored. so well done Wales more of the same in the 2nd half and lets pinch a goal :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:42 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:30 mins gone ( 0-0 ) Wales playing well :D

Shut the fk up !

The England goal - Was it the only shot at goal England had 1st half :?:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Early days yet, Speed said it was a building process and from what I've seen so far he is starting to get us to play like a team which for a small insignificant county of england like ourselves bodes well for the future. A small loss to one of the supposed giants of world football should give our lads some confidence so the next two games against Bulgaria and the Swiss are far more important. Get a couple of good results against those two, which on tonights performance is actually a realistic prospect, then we're set for the World Cup qualifiers.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:49 pm

come on Wales the 2nd half has satrted :shock:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 pm

saddam wrote:come on Wales the 2nd half has satrted :shock:

Ive just got in for the second half and only missed the one goal! :o Be a few more this half! ;) Come on England!!!! 8-) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: