Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vehicle tracking system

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Just found out my company has been keeping tabs on us for the last month without telling us, like some sick Orwellian nightmare. Anyone know whereabouts they tend to be fitted on a car/van? Also any handy tricks to fool them ;)

Re: Vehicle tracking system

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:39 pm

By the fuse box i think mate,im sure they are on a lorry anyway fella

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Take it out and stick it on Tanks car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Put a bit of lead over the tracking system and they can't track you (from experience). ;) ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:59 pm

We are tracked in work, with the very popular isotrak system, as I work for a delivery company. There are many reasons for tracking other than knowing the whereabouts of a driver. including Fuel consumptions, Estimated Times of arrival, Estimated arrival of next POI. etc etc - dont think it's there just to track your whereabouts because it isnt, and if you try to remove/tamper with the tracking unit it will usually end up in disciplinary action. Your company doesn't have to tell you the vehicle is fitted with a tracker either. It is for the businesses benefit.

Hope that helps..... :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Merlin wrote:We are tracked in work, with the very popular isotrak system, as I work for a delivery company. There are many reasons for tracking other than knowing the whereabouts of a driver. including Fuel consumptions, Estimated Times of arrival, Estimated arrival of next POI. etc etc - dont think it's there just to track your whereabouts because it isnt, and if you try to remove/tamper with the tracking unit it will usually end up in disciplinary action. Your company doesn't have to tell you the vehicle is fitted with a tracker either. It is for the businesses benefit.

Hope that helps..... :ayatollah:

If they tell you fair enough but other wise it is there to catch you out and that my Friend is sly and unwarented. For what reasons do they not tell you ? That is what anyone should be asking :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:13 pm

All company vehicles are tracked, cross hires especially. I understand why the company do it, and trust me they do look at the tracker reports........but as I say, you can disable it or otherwise find the device, put a bit of lead over it and then it can't transmit the signal. Merls is right though, if the company you work for finds out, you're history. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Kitchen foil.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:19 pm

the parent company ie isotrak.cobre etc will inform your companys contact person as soon as any anomily appears on the tracker system

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Just let them track you, and if they discipline you for misuse or dismiss you, take them to court for invasion of privacy.
Trackers are not meant to track the individual to see what they are up too.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:12 pm

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:Just let them track you, and if they discipline you for misuse or dismiss you, take them to court for invasion of privacy.
Trackers are not meant to track the individual to see what they are up too.

You are kidding right :? :? :?

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:57 am

we have all our vehicles tracked, and trust me as soon as you mess with it the company will be told straight away, and the new ones work with foil or lead over them, they work on a phone based system and the car is used as an antenna

and yes you can be disiplined by your company for being naughty(going home early or being where you shouldnt be) as they own the vehicle not you

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:05 am

the only funny thing about it is that your boss will receive a text message everytime you are speeding!! ;)

until you get back to the office in the morning...... :oops:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 am

As they did'nt want you to know about the tracker, i would suggest the following:

The next time one of your 'Sly' "headshed" phones you demanding to know where you are? Give them some food for thought, and reply sarcasticly, WELL I WAS HOPEING YOU COULD TELL ME ACTUALLY.... :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 pm

harold pinta wrote:Just found out my company has been keeping tabs on us for the last month without telling us, like some sick Orwellian nightmare. Anyone know whereabouts they tend to be fitted on a car/van? Also any handy tricks to fool them ;)

It is against the law to place a tracker on your vehicle without informing you.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:54 pm

wdb2721 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:Just found out my company has been keeping tabs on us for the last month without telling us, like some sick Orwellian nightmare. Anyone know whereabouts they tend to be fitted on a car/van? Also any handy tricks to fool them ;)

It is against the law to place a tracker on your vehicle without informing you.
no as the company own the vehicle not the driver

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Take it out and stick it on Tanks car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That tw@t needs SATNAV not a tracking system....