Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Should back us or sell us NOW

that is all

Re: The Owners

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 pm

agree :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Who's to say they haven't backed us? They, well VT, has ploughed money into this club, saved us from the brink and helped bring in a high profile player. We cant expect him to keep ploughing millions upon millions into the club. I, for one, am grateful for what the Malaysians have done. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 pm

i think the owners are trying to run a stable ship, we as fans. have been sort of spoilt with .big transfers and wages etc. and where did it get us?, ok. dj has to take the blame aswell. but its more proof of. you cant buy your way out of this league? :roll:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Who's to say they haven't backed us? They, well VT, has ploughed money into this club, saved us from the brink and helped bring in a high profile player. We cant expect him to keep ploughing millions upon millions into the club. I, for one, am grateful for what the Malaysians have done. :ayatollah:

i totaly agree with you m8
but if they as rich as ppl say they are surly they could just get us the 3,4 player needed to take us up
we aint goin to make any profit in the championship

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Gary wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Who's to say they haven't backed us? They, well VT, has ploughed money into this club, saved us from the brink and helped bring in a high profile player. We cant expect him to keep ploughing millions upon millions into the club. I, for one, am grateful for what the Malaysians have done. :ayatollah:

but if they as rich as ppl say they are surly they could just get us the 3,4 player needed to take us up

The loan window opens up in two days mate. :ayatollah:

KTF.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Gary wrote:Should back us or sell us NOW

that is all

I would class as keeping the club from folding as better than "backing".
And who exactly is going to buy us? Did you see a queue at the door 2 years ago?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Gary wrote:

The loan window opens up in two days mate. :ayatollah:

KTF.

yeah but this forum puts me in a bad mood about signings etc :D

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Gary wrote:

Once bitten twice shy,didn't dj tell them this story.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:18 pm

that is all

Sell to who ?

Do you know anyone with a spare £100m to buy the shares, pay off the remaining debtors and invest enough to get us up - even then its not guaranteed.

Lets relax and see what happens in the next few months -at least we've still got a club :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

that is all

Sell to who ?

Do you know anyone with a spare £100m to buy the shares, pay off the remaining debtors and invest enough to get us up - even then its not guaranteed.

Lets relax and see what happens in the next few months -at least we've still got a club :ayatollah:

£100mil? I thought VT payed £6mil? :?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:21 pm

that is all

You are joking????? :?

Where would CCFC be without them? They backed us last year, after the Blackpool game. Once again they have paid out ££££££ this summer. To be fair, they don't own 100% of the club, why should they pay 100% of the running costs?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

that is all

Sell to who ?

Nope. He's got £12m of shares, PMG have £9m, Borley roughly £3m, Isaacs £3m, plus others - over £30m to start
Then the debts, and lets be fair, if someone took it on now with loads of money they would have to sort Langston -so thats another £15-£30m depending on how you see it , then the other debtors, PMG, Ranson etc..

Leave you £30m to build a side to take us up.

Will that be enough to compete with what West ham and Leicester have got.

Just a dose of realism. ;)

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

that is all

Sell to who ?

Nope. He's got £12m of shares, PMG have £9m, Borley roughly £3m, Isaacs £3m, plus others - over £30m to start
Then the debts, and lets be fair, if someone took it on now with loads of money they would have to sort Langston -so thats another £15-£30m depending on how you see it , then the other debtors, PMG, Ranson etc..

Leave you £30m to build a side to take us up.

Will that be enough to compete with what West ham and Leicester have got.

Just a dose of realism. ;)

Oh... :lol:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 pm

The shares would currently be worth far less than the purchase value because of existing debt issues. Once debts are settled or reduced, the clubs stock will rise, but effectively the club will not be worth much than the purchase value unless we get promoted. A realistic sale value now would be approx £15-£20 million (asset values less debts).

The conversion of debt into shares has significantly dluted the share value and all owners are effectively speculating on getting promoted. Only a loss will be made on any sale at present, so the only question is how long they wish to speculate for. This is similar to purchasing shares in an ailing ftse listed company on the hope that the companies performance improves. How long do you wait before you cut your losses and seek another opportunity? If you're used to making profits patience can run out quick.

The pride of the Malaysians and an unwillingness to accept they have failed to make money may be enough to keep them in fot the long haul. Fingers crossed.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Please lets not turn on the people who saved us.
I hav said from day one, i dont think theyl hang about and they are here for there own make, but hey this time 2 years ago we were marching amd almost clubless.
we have come along way since then, if we stand still for a season or 2 so be it. We have a manager who seems to know what he doing, and players who pkay for the shirt, thats more than we have seen in last few seasons, promotion is a bonus!!!

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:25 am

that is all

With resect. These comments show true ignorance of the whole situation....

If VT and his entourage were to go, it would leave this club on the ragged edge once more....

We've taken massive steps forward in the last few years, as any long-serving supporter will tell you!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 am

that is all

Give us a sniff :lol:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:26 am

that is all

Possibly one of the dumbest threads here, ever.

So they've not backed us at all, haven't been covering outgoings, haven't broughts in a new manager, backroom staff or new players.

People should really stick to Football Manager if they want to have seeming dreams of spending squillions of other people's money...

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:40 am

nerd wrote:

that is all

So they've not backed us at all, haven't been covering outgoings, haven't broughts in a new manager, backroom staff or new players.

People should really stick to Football Manager if they want to have seeming dreams of spending squillions of other people's
money...

People forget we were trying to be wound up every month by hmrc before they took over.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:52 am

2blue2handle wrote:
nerd wrote:

that is all

People should really stick to Football Manager if they want to have seeming dreams of spending squillions of other people's
money...

People forget we were trying to be wound up every month by hmrc before they took over.

Yeah, but apart from all that, the Malaysians must be shit. We've not signed Messi, after all.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:19 am

Why all of a sudden there seems to be a trend at knocking the Malaysians ?
is there an agenda being started by certain people ?
or is it just the newbies not having another patience to being contented with mid table Championship football for a year or two whilst we clear our debts.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 am

They have backed us, though. They've given Malky a budget and it was up to him to use it as wisely as he could, which I believe he has although we are short of 3 or 4 players and I am certain that will be addressed in the forthcoming loan window. It's been said before that they have ploughed millions into the club which, as far as I can see, is backing us. I don't think new signings in the loan market is over yet so, before people on here start panicking, let's just wait and see. Plus there's also the January transfer window to come

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:29 am

People have short memories just think back less than 2 season we didn't have a pot to piss in, HMRC threatening every Month,creditors everywhere and the Golden Ticket fiasco :o Last season they backed DJ with money for Bellamys wages and big wages for other loan signings in a shit or bust attempt to get to the Premiership which ended in failiure :(

This season they are taking a more sensible approach by appointing a new Manager who has brought a new work ethic to the Club backed him signing on fees and wages for some very good players and also paid out fees for Miller and Turner. We now have the loan window and i think we should reserve judgement on our owners until after this window when hopefully Malky would have been allowed to bring at least 3 decent loanees.

Having supported City over 40 years i yearn for promotion and believe we deserve it but having watched us play the likes of Scarboro, Wrexham, Luton and Newport all clubs that are no longer in the Football League! I now look at the Championship and see sides like Leeds, West Ham, Birmingham, Ipswich, Leicester, Derby all 'big' sides along with many others then i ask the question is the Championship such a bad place to be?

Let's keep the faith have a little more patience and see where we are come next May :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 am

If Jonesy would hurry up and find another job it would free up some money for a player or two. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:54 am

that is all

Fair enough but how can you say they have not back us when we are still here..........?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 am

Perhaps the malaysians should just f**k off and let us die. :roll:

Rather be in the championship than have no club to support :roll:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:23 pm

one point i must bring up ,is the way the malysians are running our club ,is to try to get us self sufficient ,ie running within our incoming income ,then if the worst happened and they left us (i dont think that is thier intention)at least we would be better off financially , ffs stop all these threads knocking our owners/manager and let them get on with it . i think most of these knockers are really just silly little kids ,who really hav,nt got a clue how a club runs, or how much money is needed to keep a championship club going (other than transfer fees)which seems to be all they look for, paying transfer fees guarantee you nothing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ps the malysians and mm are do a fantastic job so get behind them and support them not knock them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:25 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:one point i must bring up ,is the way the malysians are running our club ,is to try to get us self sufficient ,ie running within our incoming income ,then if the worst happened and they left us (i dont think that is thier intention)at least we would be better off financially , ffs stop all these threads knocking our owners/manager and let them get on with it . i think most of these knockers are really just silly little kids ,who really hav,nt got a clue how a club runs, or how much money is needed to keep a championship club going (other than transfer fees)which seems to be all they look for, paying transfer fees guarantee you nothing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ps the malysians and mm are do a fantastic job so get behind them and support them not knock them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Be grateful for what we got we could have ended up like Plymouth or worse. If your not happy dont spout off on a forum go see TG he will be at the Doncaster game. :ayatollah: