Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rob Hulse? Danny Collins?

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Both left out of the 25 man squads for QPR and Stoke respectively.

I'd take either at Cardiff personally.

Collins only won Stoke fans' player of the year a few seasons ago and is a very solid, dependable and versatile defender.

Hulse is exactly the type of striker we need and scores goals, though does tend to get a few injuries.

Other noteable absentees include Danny Shittu, Danny Pugh and Tom Soares, though im not sure i'd be too keen on seeing any of them in a Bluebirds shirt this season.

Alot of players ive seen mentioned such as Frimpong and Ramsey dont have to be included as they are under 21.

Finally, i'd still like to see James Beattie down here as my first choice but Rob Hulse would be more than an adequate alternative, in my opinion.

:ayatollah:

Re: Rob Hulse? Danny Collins?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:10 am

Hulse I like

But didn't he turn us down in the past ?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:40 am

I don't understand the loving of Beattie. We've got Parkin, why would we want another over-weight player??

I'd happily take Hulse to be fair, I'd be surprised if we didn't go in for him

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 am

I'd have Hulse but we don't need another defender and, when Malky looks in the loan window when it opens, I don't think he'll be going for defenders. We need midfielders and a striker

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:35 am

Hulse yes, Collins no

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:56 am

Deffo take Hulse, not the most prolific striker but could score 20 goals at this level easily

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:29 am

id take hulse,i wouldnt take collins,another play left out of the squad for stoke was danny pugh didnt he play for preston last year? :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Give me Hulse over Beattie any day. Just the type of striker we need.

Collins no point, we have plenty of cover in his position.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm

polo wrote:Give me Hulse over Beattie any day. Just the type of striker we need.

Collins no point, we have plenty of cover in his position.

This. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Rob Hulse

Been out with a recurring knee injury for some time now. About a month away from full fitness.

Was pretty woeful for us last season but if I'm honest I don't think he had the rub of the green.

Big imposing striker who causes lots of problems physically for opposition defences.

Had the opportunity to join Crystal Palace post season but opted to fight for his place at QPR but with lots of transfer activity in W12 his days are numbered.

Would be a good signing for any CCC side imo.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:31 pm

get beattie then if he his still a month away from fitness :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:32 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:get beattie then if he his still a month away from fitness :ayatollah:

How about Patrick Agyemang a fine big strong brute of a man. He's available :shock:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:34 pm

id be happy with him :lol:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:id be happy with him :lol:

F*ck mate you must be struggling upfront he's shocking :lol:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
SamCCFC1927 wrote:id be happy with him :lol:

F*ck mate you must be struggling upfront he's shocking :lol:

Fancy loaning us Shaun Wright Phillips? :D

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:54 pm

i know i was only joking hes f*cking awful :roll: :lol:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Neither of them ... we need to be trying to sign a better calibre of player than either of these two

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Dont know much about either of them tbh. :lol:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:Neither of them ... we need to be trying to sign a better calibre of player than either of these two

like who?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:07 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:Neither of them ... we need to be trying to sign a better calibre of player than either of these two

like who?

I am sure that there are going to be Good Premiership players who will be available during the loan window, and neither Hulse or Collins fit that bill.. if they can't get into their respective teams which are no world beaters then their not good enough for us..

Rob Hulse... is 31 ...his best days are long gone.. here are his Stats for the past 5yrs

2006–2008 Sheffield United 50{apps} (8) Goals
2008–2010 Derby County 82 (28)
2010– present Queens Park Rangers 21 (2)

VERY UNIMPRESSIVE..!!

and Danny Collins is also 31

as i said hope we can attract far better signings than these two...!!

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

like who?

I am sure that there are going to be Good Premiership players who will be available during the loan window, and neither Hulse or Collins fit that bill.. if they can't get into their respective teams which are no world beaters then their not good enough for us..

Rob Hulse... is 31 ...his best days are long gone.. here are his Stats for the past 5yrs

2006–2008 Sheffield United 50{apps} (8) Goals
2008–2010 Derby County 82 (28)
2010– present Queens Park Rangers 21 (2)

VERY UNIMPRESSIVE..!!

and Danny Collins is also 31

as i said hope we can attract far better signings than these two...!!

any realistic names then?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:54 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14806274.stm danny collins on ipswich radar

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:02 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14806274.stm danny collins on ipswich radar

he's better than all our centre halves, with the exception of Turner who i havent seen yet

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:03 pm

i like danny collins

hulse although old, 1 in 3 for derby isnt terrible for a target man, infact its quite good

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:16 pm

maybe we should sign collins and get rid of naylor?and maybe use taylor on the wing? :ayatollah: