Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SUNDAY 4th September 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:34 pm

The transfer window closed on Wednesday and many City fans felt disappointed judging by comments on the message board in the last couple of days at our lack of signings. I can say that Malky Mackay certainly wanted to bring in a few players but failed due to the transfer fee required to get them and the structure of the payments. David Goodwillie was a player Malky wanted and another was the Norwegian Erik Huskelepp who eventually signed for Portsmouth.

The Craig Bellamy saga, we have all read about, but during a conversation with a few ex-City players who were at the CCS playing for Wales on Friday evening, I have learned that Craig Bellamy felt ‘that Cardiff City didn’t try hard enough’ to get him. Craig was disappointed that the move didn’t materialise and he felt that it was going to happen after conversations he had with TG at the end of last season. Bellamy was asked in May if he wished to return as a player/coach to which he said no but would come back and play for another couple of seasons but he was told that after he hung up his playing boots he could take a leading role in the City academy and he would work with youngsters of all ages to help them progress, Craig wanted this to happen and was excited by it.

I along with many were left a little surprised at recent comments emanating from the club saying that ‘we made tentative calls’ regarding Bellamy’s availability when it was widely known that Man City had agreed to give Craig a free transfer days before the transfer window closed. I think it is important that City fans realise that conversations were taking place between the club and Craig at the end of last season and that is why Craig believed that he would be returning to the club this season.

Aaron Ramsey is another player who passed comment on Friday and Aaron revealed he urged Arsene Wenger to allow Ramsey to stay with the club until the season end and he said at one point Wenger agreed before eventually changing his mind and telling Aaron to return to the Emirates, where he eventually only played 30 minutes of football for the rest of the season. Ramsey believed if he had stayed until the end then he would have got City promoted, call it arrogance or belief those are his words. Aaron was taken off in the second half against Montenegro as he has played every minute of Arsenals games since the season started and Gary Speed kept that in mind and took the decision to give him a breather before the England game on Tuesday.

Danny Gabbidon said that he was on his way to City in January; everything had been agreed between West Ham and City and Danny was ‘looking forward’ to returning to the club before West Ham pulled the plug at the last minute.
Another ex City player believes that if City do not make good use of the loan market then we could end up 8th-10th with our current squad but believes we could start going backwards for years to come if we don’t invest in the squad with quality loan players now that the window has shut.

I note that there was a thread on here last night saying that the Malaysians were on their way out and wouldn’t be around much longer and that they had not been over to see City play this year and were losing interest. I spoke with people at the club today and yes it is correct that neither TG or Vincent Tan have attended a City game this season but U-Juin Tan rings Gethin Jenkins regularly and is constantly receiving updates (not mine) as to what is happening on an everyday basis, he requests a match report after each game and despite no longer being a director of Cardiff City holdings he is still very keen and interested in Cardiff City.

I would like to point out, something that is rather obvious, but nevertheless needs saying, when people claim that the Malaysians run the club or they are losing interest they need to remember there is only one person we need to be concerned about leaving and that is Vincent Tan, the others with respect have no say in the matter, if Tan decides he’s out then they will all be out. Tan is the money man as we know and if he wants to get us to the Premier League then he has the financial clout to do so but on the other hand if Tan, who remember was coaxed into investing in a football club by TG, says enough then he is rich enough to walk away.

Vincent Tan has the final say on all major financial decisions and as a result I am pleased to learn that Steve Borley is now receiving monies owed to him on a monthly basis to settle the remainder of his debt.
As well as Borley, Vincent Tan has authorised the payments to other creditors of the club and slowly but surely the clubs debt is being reduced.

Terry Burton and Paul Wilkinson have been paid in full for their 6 month rolling contracts and I would like to wish them both success in future employment if and when they find another job.

Alex Armstrong, I understand, has not been settled, and at present there is a police case on going which has nothing to do with Cardiff City but does indirectly involve one of our club officials. This I must stress has nothing to do with anything relating to Cardiff City Football Club but is a result of a situation that has developed over months. Obviously I have to be very careful what I type on the situation. Whether or not there is a connection to the on-going investigation it is my understanding that someone (not Armstrong) has been banned from Cardiff City Football Club for 5 years. I hope that the matter can be concluded to the peace of everyone involved and no lasting damage is done.

The club received an approach from Plymouth Argyle during the transfer window for both Jon Parkin and Gabor Gyepse, the approach was turned down at the time due to a lack of numbers available to Malky but it is expected that Plymouth will return again for Gabor now that Ben Turner has signed and if another striker comes in then Jon Parkin will be allowed to go out on loan. Parkin is suffering from a knee injury at present which put pay to his move to Coventry but it is not expected to be a long term injury.

Julian Jenkins is leaving the club on September 30th 2011 after many good years of service and is taking up a similar role at London Saracens, I would like to thank Julian for his efforts and vision which resulted in City receiving numerous awards (and trips around the world for Julian :D) including Family Club of the Year for last season. Cardiff City are seen as the leaders in creating the whole match day experience and that is no doubt a result of the good work that Julian and his staff implemented.
Malky Mackay is working to bring in a striker in the loan window and is also targeting another midfield player to compliment the team.

No Pro-Sam Hammam writings, No Anti-Malaysian writings, No Anti-Gethin Jenkins writings, No Malky Mackay out writings, this is the information I have gathered over a number of weeks, some of it is public other bits are not, hope you enjoyed reading!

Let’s all get behind Malky Mackay and this Cardiff City team, we can all see how hard they are working and let’s all stick together as one for the good of our club.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/new-book- ... -my-story/

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " SUNDAY 4th September 2011 UPDATE "

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Nice 1 carl i shall now read it :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:36 pm

wahay!! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Brilliant update, thanks Carl.

Interesting that Bellamy said we never tried hard enough to bring him back to the club. I would of though the Malaysians would of done everything in thier power to have brought him back.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:37 pm

cheers Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Cracking update! Roll on next Saturday! :ayatollah:

Lol @daya, now i understand his bullshit last night!!

Cheers Carl, any word on some of our trialists bring given deals like Adam Smith?

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:41 pm

I was expecting some news on possible loan targets but all in all geat update :ayatollah:

cheers carl :ayatollah:

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:Brilliant update, thanks Carl.

Interesting that Bellamy said we never tried hard enough to bring him back to the club. I would of though the Malaysians would of done everything in thier power to have brought him back.

If Bellamy believes that, he must be an idiot. Yes, we'd fund 80k a week on him... the only hope would be a similar scenario to last season.

Still, the kids were clearly more important to Bellamy; the fact the charitable donations lower the overall tax burden merely a happy side effect :p

More intriguing part of the update was the reference to Daya - what was that all about?

Thanks Carl for taking the time to give us all the information :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Before any confusion reigns, I want my friends and family to know that it is Steve "Daya" Day who has been banned for 5 years and not me... unless the club have banned me without my knowledge! Good update Carl. I'm enjoying this season so far which is strange considering how ominous things off the field could be deemed but whatever happens happens. I just love having a team of players who give a shit. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Im a bit confused regarding the loans are we allowed full season loans or just 3 month loans now? Its all confusing me because if it is just 3 month loans we are fucked imo

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Very informative :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:45 pm

TG & VT are still financing the club then however I take the fact they haven’t been over to mean they are open to offers for the club.
They won’t be around long term.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:46 pm

stickywicket wrote:TG & VT are still financing the club then however I take the fact they haven’t been over to mean they are open to offers for the club.

ask Bryan Robson ;)

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:Im a bit confused regarding the loans are we allowed full season loans or just 3 month loans now? Its all confusing me because if it is just 3 month loans we are fucked imo

93 day loans are available and we can then loan or buy in January transfer window for the remainder of season :ayatollah:

No Pro-Sam Hammam writings, No Anti-Malaysian writings, No Anti-Gethin Jenkins writings, No Malky Mackay out writings, this is the information I have gathered over a number of weeks, some of it is public other bits are not, hope you enjoyed reading!

Carl out :)

Cardiffcityfc wrote:Im a bit confused regarding the loans are we allowed full season loans or just 3 month loans now? Its all confusing me because if it is just 3 month loans we are fucked imo

Its a loan window so I'm taking a wild guess here by saying its up to the parent club.

stickywicket wrote:TG & VT are still financing the club then however I take the fact they haven’t been over to mean they are open to offers for the club.

So because they havent been over means they r open to offers......well done, does that mean man city are as well as sheik mansour has seen 1 game since he bought them. I despair with some posters i really do :lol:

thanks for the update carl
im thinking maybe the club or malky didnt really want bellamy back so played the we did try card.. bellamy was ok last season but there were players around with just as much input to their teams for a lot less.. lets move on from bellamy :ayatollah:
Last edited by Jasonccfc on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:48 pm

Interesting update carl, cheers !!!!

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Rambo - Agree with his coments,we would have gone up with him here for the rest of the season ( imo )

Bellers - Time we gave this guy a break,when i sat down and had a drink with the guy,he had nothing but good words to say about our club ( 08-06-2011 ) :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: Look forward to the next update.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:

93 day loans are available and we can then loan or buy in January transfer window for the remainder of season :ayatollah:

Ok thanks carl :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:50 pm

The guy owning Man CIty has been to one game this season. Guess they are up for sale then.

Why on earth do people expect TG, VT to be over for games? Do you know how big the Berjaya group is, the areas they are active in over in Malaysia? CCFC is minor, incredibly minor in the scheme of things for them... hardly going to drop everything Berjaya are involved with, cancel meetings, deals just to fly over to see us versus Doncaster...

What has Daya done?

I don't understand why the owners didn't push harder to re-sign CB39. :roll:

Malky 100% needs a couple of quality Premier League loan players to complete the squad. Without them I can see us having a mid table finish. However with a bit more creativity I can see us challenging.

The squad & staff will give it thier all I'm certain.

LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT UPDATE CARL!

:ayatollah:
Last edited by NickPenarth on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Didn't Ramsey make 7 appearences after he returned to arsenal, including starting a fair few of those?

Other than that, great read. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:51 pm

So basically, Malky has been working to a strict budget. No problem there, as he has
worked wonders. No problem with the Club either, because we are obviously on the
right road, we have become a professionally run, streamlined Club, looking to build
for the long term future. I never had any doubts about Vincent Tan leaving, or looking
to sell up. YES, of course he can, but all the evidence suggests he still sees this as his
flagship Business in Britain to promote his Corporation.

Seeing as MOST on here have said they are happy to see the Club consolidate this
season then nobody can really complain can they? We ARE consolidating, we are looking
more and more professional as the weeks go by.

but if Malky gets a couple more in over the next week, we will be challenging at the top
of this division.

So whats to grumble at?

Bellamy?.... i suspect Malky didnt think he was worth the money given his injury problems
and would prefer to get perhaps TWO fitter players in

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: