Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Was a family member good at footy?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:36 pm

My mother's uncle was Mel Hopkins who played for Spurs and Wales, played in the 1958 World Cup :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:54 pm

my brother played for crewe, bristol rovers, kettering town, new york metrostars,new england revolution before doing his medial knee ligaments, came back and lasted 3 mins before doing the same injury again, fought back and lasted 18 mins before another breakdown and was told to give it up or he would be in a wheelchair before hes 40, 31 now and is 2nd Assistant manager of the senior USA Mens team and coach of the Senior USA womans team. ( on a side note he played against Eddie Johnson and said he was shit:)

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:41 pm

My Nephew has had trials with Northampton, Norwich and Crystal Palace, obviously has talent but just either quite not good enough or hasn't had a break.. Who knows..!!
:ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Deano1 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Wayne Curtis, played for City 1986-87 :ayatollah:

Plus a few other clubs either side of City :ayatollah:

I played with Wayne :ayatollah:

Where ?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 pm

I took a couple of shots against Tom Heaton last year. Scored a couple too! :ayatollah: I currently play for Cardiff. :D Im a right back. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:28 pm

My uncle played for Swansea youth but broke is Ankle so he couldn't play for them!

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:My uncle played for Swansea youth but broke is Ankle so he couldn't play for them!

For good cause then! :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:My Gramper played for Wales v England in 1950

What was his name? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:12 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
BluebirdCarwyn wrote:My uncle played for Swansea youth but broke is Ankle so he couldn't play for them!

For good cause then! :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 am

My late uncle (Jan Bekker) used to play for swansea back in the day and used to be pretty good from what iv heard!

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:00 pm

What was his name?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:25 pm

My grampa was offered a contract with Southend but he couldn't accept it because he had to stay and work down the mines to provide for our family. My uncle got his footballing ability and played Welsh League level but other than that that talent has seemingly faded from our family's genes! :D

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 pm

My uncle played for us a long time ago, and if anyone on here can remember him they'll be ancient. His name was Elfed Evans. He also played for WBA and scored a winning goal in an FA cup semi final.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Grampy played for swindon in goals
brother played for barry
i playd for bristol for one year
and also represented wales u14's this year and had MOM 8-)

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:38 pm

My Mum's cousin (I think) is Simon Haworth (former City player)

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:18 am

Jason Bowen.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 am

Blimey we could have a dream team lol :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 am

My youngest son has played PDC level for Norwich the last 5 seasons and has just started to do his level 1 coaching with the club. Has been told that not big enough to make full academy but has played with and against them and had various trials over the years. coaches tell him he should earn money at local league level once thru youth system, my mate says thats fine cos you never know whos watching games. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:22 am

norfolkin welsh wrote:My youngest son has played PDC level for Norwich the last 5 seasons and has just started to do his level 1 coaching with the club. Has been told that not big enough to make full academy but has played with and against them and had various trials over the years. coaches tell him he should earn money at local league level once thru youth system, my mate says thats fine cos you never know whos watching games. :ayatollah:

Well good luck to your young un. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:15 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

What was his name?

Bampy Fish :lol: :lol: