Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Meerkats

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:32 pm

My mrs wants one of those meerkats off comparethemarket. They say that if I buy pet insurance I can have one. So what is the cheapest pet I could insure? What about a goldfish, they can't cost that much to insure surely. They only cost like 2 quid to buy. Also if I only have third party fire and theft, that should keep the cost down as well. :ayatollah:

Re: Meerkats

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Dogs are nice but the best would probably be something like a gerbil or a goldfish. Name them Malky! Or Earnie if ur having 2 :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:10 pm

An ant? Say your deciding if you want an ant farm :?

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Berwyn wrote:My mrs wants one of those meerkats off comparethemarket. They say that if I buy pet insurance I can have one. So what is the cheapest pet I could insure? What about a goldfish, they can't cost that much to insure surely. They only cost like 2 quid to buy. Also if I only have third party fire and theft, that should keep the cost down as well. :ayatollah:

Good point, but if you made a claim, would they carp on about it? I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10 the have to be a 1 eh?
Why not give them a ring and test the water? Perhaps you could bowl them over with some charm if they take the bait.
They will think you are selfish if you only want third party fire and theft. They may even think you are a pikey!!
:oops:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Berwyn wrote:My mrs wants one of those meerkats off comparethemarket. They say that if I buy pet insurance I can have one. So what is the cheapest pet I could insure? What about a goldfish, they can't cost that much to insure surely. They only cost like 2 quid to buy. Also if I only have third party fire and theft, that should keep the cost down as well. :ayatollah:

you can buy them online :ugeek:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:49 pm

a gnat has to be the cheapest :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Dont bother,have recently took two policies out for both my new puppies approx 6 weeks ago,i ordered my meerkats and still not received them,"rip off" :x

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:38 am

I got one on its way, He is now In Greece, you can check where he is every day. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1172987632

O yes You can also buy them on Ebay

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:26 am

welshcitydragon wrote:I got one on its way, He is now In Greece, you can check where he is every day. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1172987632

all i can see is ur facebook homepage :?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:52 am

They have clearly been overwhelmed by the response with people doing what Berwyn wants to do and get a cheap insurance policy :D

I have taken out a home and pet policy and have received post cards from Amsterdam and Paris from them both.

My first policy was taken out at the end of July but still no Meercat.

I think we have another Hoover situation if any of you are old enough to remember the holiday fiasco.

On a brighter note one of my colleagues has received a Meercat and has another 'on the way'.

I really believe they are a victim of their own sucess and I am not sure if the Meercats you can buy on line are the same as those from Compare The market .com.

Sorry to bore you all.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:08 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:I got one on its way, He is now In Greece, you can check where he is every day. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1172987632

That's what he wants you to see. :D

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
a horse with no name wrote:

That's what he wants you to see. :D

Scroll down and you will see them ,to be honest you cant miss them .

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:54 pm

How about getting pet insurance for my dog?

Your missus gets her Meerkat and my dog is insured, everyone's happy :lol:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:32 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120773838557? ... 500wt_1156

Got 1 for sale on ebay.....

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:03 pm

SBF1 wrote:

Good point, but if you made a claim, would they carp on about it? I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10 the have to be a 1 eh?
Why not give them a ring and test the water? Perhaps you could bowl them over with some charm if they take the bait.
They will think you are selfish if you only want third party fire and theft. They may even think you are a pikey!!
:oops:

HOW DID THAT GO UNQUOTED FOR SO LONG!!! pmsl..... :lol: :lol: