Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " First ever time at Ninian what was the year ? "

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:26 pm

I first went in the mid to late seventies,a couple of times with my grandfather I think? Then I didn't follow football for a bit. Then my uncle started taking me to the vetch and I became a big Swansea fan.
I then went on my own path of basketball and karate. Then wife and kids came along, and my boys started playing football, and I decided to take them to watch Cardiff in 2007. Now my wife and my youngest son and my daughter and also myself are season ticket holders for the last 4 years. My oldest son goes now and again with his mates.

As you can see I had a terrible up-bringing being taken down the vetch by my uncle , to get from under my mothers feet.
Obviously now I am older i have seen the light and I am an avid bluebird fan.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:29 pm

1992/93

would have been 6/7 years old. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:39 am

Saturday 13th November 1965, 16 year old John Toshack made his debut coming on as second half substitute to score in a 3-1 win over Leyton Orient.Have the programme framed which cost all of 6 old pence

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:34 pm

my first time was against mansfield town on a friday night possibly 90/91 season,when we won 3-2.tho the season might be wrong it could be the year later

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:41 pm

I started late, 1976! :old:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:27 pm

1972/73 .. Sat in the Canton..cant remember the team, was a sunny day tho.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:54 pm

1993 vs Gillingham if I remember correctly? It might even have been 1992. My memory is terrible.