Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Has it damaged Wales that more nations are now in Europe..?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 pm

I personally don't think there should be a ranking system, all the groups should be randomized, yes I know they are but they aint fully.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I personally don't think there should be a ranking system, all the groups should be randomized, yes I know they are but they aint fully.

Its all about money mate, the better nations attract the more followers both on TV and at the games. People say thats why there wasn't a reply when Henry handled that ball against Ireland a couple of years ago.

So thats pretty much why Wales gets piss poor attendances?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I personally don't think there should be a ranking system, all the groups should be randomized, yes I know they are but they aint fully.

Its all about money mate, the better nations attract the more followers both on TV and at the games. People say thats why there wasn't a reply when Henry handled that ball against Ireland a couple of years ago.

No but FIFA would prefer to watch the likes of Germany v Italy in the major competition rather than in the qualifers when theres a risk of one of them not making it to them finals. The loss of the likes of a Germany or Italy in a major finals would cost FIFA financially as it did when Holland failed to make the finals of a major competition just a few years ago.

Greedy bastards. Football isn't a sport its a bloody business. Money has ruined football....but yet I still watch the City.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

No but FIFA would prefer to watch the likes of Germany v Italy in the major competition rather than in the qualifers when theres a risk of one of them not making it to them finals. The loss of the likes of a Germany or Italy in a major finals would cost FIFA financially as it did when Holland failed to make the finals of a major competition just a few years ago.

Greedy bastards. Football isn't a sport its a bloody business. Money has ruined football....but yet I still watch the City.

Couldn't agree more. These days its not club v club its business v business on the football field. :cry:

Yup. But then theres leagues such as the Sunday League, where people play it as SPORT not a business.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Wales were getting good crowds in the qualifiers for Euro 2004, when it looked that we might qualify. The same would be the case again.

To answer the original question. Six countries have emerged from Yugoslavia; Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia, ane Bosnia-Herzogovina. Fifteen from the Soviet Union. Two from Czechoslovakia. This has made qualification more difficult for everybody, not just Wales. We are still smaller than most of these countries.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:06 pm

But there will be 24 teams ,instead of the present 16, who will qualify for the next european championship, so the possibilty of the teams qualifying will be greater than now

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Midfield general wrote:

When has anybody ever staged a reply over one bad decision?

When Keane dived for a penalty earlier on in the group stages, I can't recall eire complaining and demanding a replay...