Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

keenor memorial fund

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:46 pm

would'nt it be a nice gesture for all the ex city players' who play in the prem,bellers,gabby,collins,ledley,rambo and all the rest pay for the keenor statue as a thank you for our great support of them,probibly could be writen off against tax as well for them

Re: keenor memorial fund

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Would be good but footballers are naturally greedy so won't happen!

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:12 am

Perhaps some well conected people could get close enough to them to ask them to ask them if they could help by signing a shirt or some balls or stuff and putting it up for auction? I would imagine a shirt signed by the first team would fetch a couple of hundred pounds, a pair of Rambo signed boots wouldn't go for pennies either, especially if they did the auction right (late, in a pub!). That would be easier than asking for cash and you'd probably get more joy.
It would be great to get the money raised, I did mention previously that I thought we could do with some kind of "Blue Peter Thermometer" to show how much is raised and what's left to get, it could be a weekly post on this board, it keeps it in everyone's mind and shows how close the total is.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:18 am

In defence of some of the players mentioned, I know for a fact that a lot of them already do a lot of work and give donations to charities and other worthwhile causes. Surely they are free to chose which charity they devote their efforts to, perhaps they think that Ty Hafen and Marie Curie to name just a couple are more worthy causes.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:17 am

BigGwynram wrote:In defence of some of the players mentioned, I know for a fact that a lot of them already do a lot of work and give donations to charities and other worthwhile causes. Surely they are free to chose which charity they devote their efforts to, perhaps they think that Ty Hafen and Marie Curie to name just a couple are more worthy causes.

spot on gwyn
a lot of the players are tied in to marie curie and ty hafen charity wise and both are more important than the statue in my opinion.