Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Travel from Radyr to Old St. Mellons

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi guys,
We are thinking of moving to Radyr but would have to travel to Old.St.Mellons for work every day (office hours). Is this a good idea, as I hear the traffic is horendous during the peak hours? Don't know much about the routes that you can take but would welcome any suggestions regarding travel between these two places.

Thanks.

Re: Travel from Radyr to Old St. Mellons

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Should not be a prob, Radyr is close to the M4 junction at Coryton, one junction up 8 miles and you turn off for St Mellons, even at a busy time it should be Ok.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Go Through Raydr Past the petrol station. through Danescourt , down to Landaff , and past the Heath that way :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:27 pm

your best bet would be to divert through llanishen onto lisvane . there are some back lanes from lisvane to old st mellons . no traffic lights , no speed cameras , no roundabouts .

in the morning very quiet as i use these lanes going the opposite way . hope that helps

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:29 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:your best bet would be to divert through llanishen onto lisvane . there are some back lanes from lisvane to old st mellons . no traffic lights , no speed cameras , no roundabouts .

in the morning very quiet as i use these lanes going the opposite way . hope that helps

Yeah past morrisons and the lanes that way brings you out in Ponprenue and then through to st mellons :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:57 am

i used to live in Radyr. M4 way is prob the best as hardly any lights to deal with and fast moving. thru llandaff to a48 could be good at right time but before 9 would be horrendous.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:00 am

MOZZER1 wrote:your best bet would be to divert through llanishen onto lisvane . there are some back lanes from lisvane to old st mellons . no traffic lights , no speed cameras , no roundabouts .

never do the lanes in the morning.....you trying to kill him or what? :lol: