Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S CURRENT WAGE BILL "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:11 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
I was told you would not pay more than approx. £8,000 a week for a player and that was rare to pay that high.

I have no idea if that is true or not however, the audited accounts from the previous season are available at Companies House and will show the figures I stated.

One thing is for certain though, our club is certainly managed the right way from the top.

On a very rare occasion I have to agree with you about how your finances are managed, especially compared to ours, but you don't own your own stadium :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I was under the impression last season if you didn't get up your owners would give it a right good go this season to get up?

Sounds like you are going backwards.

Have the owners got your long term plans & best interests at heart? From an outsider it seems like they are trying to do things on the cheap. Not saying money guarantees you anything because we all know it doesn't but trying to go up with a weaker squad than you did last season seems crazy?

Where you get that from? most people were saying if we didnt go up they would leave.....just like they said the season before :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Why would they leave after pouring in big sums of money?

But at the same time are they happy to kick along in the Championship every year because getting promoted doesn't seem to be top of their agenda if your budget is anything to go by?

Loan market will spell out if they are serious or not. If not I'd expect them to be looking for a buyer by the end of this campaign.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Why would they leave after pouring in big sums of money?

But at the same time are they happy to kick along in the Championship every year because getting promoted doesn't seem to be top of their agenda if your budget is anything to go by?

Loan market will spell out if they are serious or not. If not I'd expect them to be looking for a buyer by the end of this campaign.

Exactly...... But propel thought it.

They have always said they want to cut back while making the club sustainable long term. They lost PR and his lot and now DJ and his lot.....that cost and still costs us but long term gives us a chance. A chance we didn't have before they came.

If u look back people were pleased for us just to survive thanks to them, the Bellamy signing raised expectations

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 pm

We sacked a very good coach in Terry burton just to be still paying his wages greaT Idea :roll:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:32 pm

So is there actually any more money left to get a few players in on 93 day loans???

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Midfield general wrote:I wonder if MM would have taken the job if he was told that he would had to have worked with the previous backroom staff because of the wages involved..?

Why do you think he wasn't?
It was obviously his choice to change them???

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:45 pm

yeah but surely that was obvious when he took over, he isnt a FM manager.
If he didnt think the cost was worthwhile he would have kept them.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:yeah but surely that was obvious when he took over, he isnt a FM manager.
If he didnt think the cost was worthwhile he would have kept them.

I fully agree with you but my previous point was that if the owners said to MM that you will have to work with the previous backroom staff to ensure that the team has the most funding available would he have accepted that or not..? That was my point, its not having a pop at anyone as its purely the decision which was made and fingers crossed it works out.

Just think it would have been pretty obvious tbh.
If he was that concerned working with Terry Burton and co wouldnt have been the end of the world, i guess he felt it was needed.
He spoke about bringing in new people in his first interview so i guessed it was talked about.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:34 am

If DJ was on a rolling contract we should have giving him a notice at the begining of lat season saying get us up or your gone then we wouldnt be in this mess stil paying him shame really :roll: :roll:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:18 am

Annis, we are now paying the price for keeping Jones on after the Blackpool disaster. :evil:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:43 am

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OK Jack what was your playing budget ?

I don't know but it was certainly more than £6m!

Wages from the previous year were in the region of £9m and would have been up last year with the signings of Sinclair, Moore and the wages paid to loan players such as Borini. The only significant departure from the previous year coming off the wage bill was Britton and he rejoined in Jan.

So £6m is very wide of the mark.

Interesting how your disposable income increases when your living rent free. :shock: :shock:

Well run club my arse. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:50 am

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
I was told you would not pay more than approx. £8,000 a week for a player and that was rare to pay that high.

I have no idea if that is true or not however, the audited accounts from the previous season are available at Companies House and will show the figures I stated.

One thing is for certain though, our club is certainly managed the right way from the top.

Interesting comment, but could you elaborate on what is the "right way" to manage a football club?

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:01 am

bargoedbluebirds wrote:If DJ was on a rolling contract we should have giving him a notice at the begining of lat season saying get us up or your gone then we wouldnt be in this mess stil paying him shame really :roll: :roll:

I believe a big mistake was made here, as soon as they took control DJ should have been given a years notice, then decide after the first year.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:02 am

tommo blue wrote:Annis, we are now paying the price for keeping Jones on after the Blackpool disaster. :evil:

Yes Def Tommo.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

On a very rare occasion I have to agree with you about how your finances are managed, especially compared to ours, but you don't own your own stadium :ayatollah:

Also there on a peppercorn rent.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:49 am

tommo blue wrote:Annis, we are now paying the price for keeping Jones on after the Blackpool disaster. :evil:

Quite right, jones should have been shown the door straight after the final whistle!!

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:17 am

cityone wrote:

Quite right, jones should have been shown the door straight after the final whistle!!

Or even after the 3 nil defeat at home to Ipswich T, last ever game at Ninian Park and the previous week hammered at Preston by 6 goals.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:27 am

Stan-QPR wrote:I was under the impression last season if you didn't get up your owners would give it a right good go this season to get up?

Have the owners got your long term plans & best interests at heart? From an outsider it seems like they are trying to do things on the cheap. Not saying money guarantees you anything because we all know it doesn't but trying to go up with a weaker squad than you did last season seems crazy?

wasnt cheap last year or the few before...and dave jones was one of the highest earners in the champ was he not...im glad we are being more prudent just gutted we are still having to pay him... :(

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:08 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

It looks like we are going to this the hard way Stan :ayatollah: And lets not forget...Bellers wages were not in DJ Budget :o

Yes they were as reported by TG at the recent EGM

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 am

cityone wrote:

See now I would class that season as one of Jones finest moments. We had no money, players not being paid, DJ himself forgoing his wage so his backroom staff could be paid, Fans fuming about the golden ticket scandal, several court appearances with the HMRC, minutes away from extinction rather than adminstration, down to the bare bones with only Rae, Taiwo and wildig as option in midfield for a number of games and he still kept us going all the way to the final. The final was a disappointment and in the end beaten by a better team.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
cityone wrote:

See now I would class that season as one of Jones finest moments. We had no money, players not being paid, DJ himself forgoing his wage so his backroom staff could be paid, Fans fuming about the golden ticket scandal, several court appearances with the HMRC, minutes away from extinction rather than adminstration, down to the bare bones with only Rae, Taiwo and wildig as option in midfield for a number of games and he still kept us going all the way to the final. The final was a disappointment and in the end beaten by a better team.

that is very true

Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
cityone wrote:

Luke
Dave Jones Always had big money to offer players in Wages, some of the Highest in This Division for nearly 6 years.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Luke
Dave Jones Always had big money to offer players in Wages,some of the Highest in This Division for nearly 6 years.

Wasn't he only with you for 6 years? So are you saying he had the highest wage bill in the division for every year he was with you? :?

Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:49 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Luke
Dave Jones Always had big money to offer players in Wages,some of the Highest in This Division for nearly 6 years.

Wasn't he only with you for 6 years? So are you saying he had the highest wage bill in the division for every year he was with you? :?

Yes I am saying for nearly 6 years , he was always in the top group of wages that managers gave players in this division.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Who says it's weaker?

Look at Bothroyd - confirming what many thought about his performances end of last season.

More of a team, less of the egos.