Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY'S CURRENT WAGE BILL "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Remember everyone as well Our Current Squad and Management.

We are still paying Dave Jones Wages £760,000 Basic, Terry Burtons £250,000 Basic, Plus another approx. £250,000 for the rest of them for This Season.
This has had to come in this seasons current Budget.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S WAGE BILL "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Why dont jones get a job the wanker :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Totally agree Annis....people dont realise whats budgeted for.

Its like free transfers.....they aint free, they command signing on fees, they ask for high wages. it all counts just because we dont pay another club it doesnt mean we dont have to pay money out a well as agents who get a chunk esp on free transfers.

We all want another 3/4 players MM does and im sure the owners would ideally but we have to be careful of the outgoings. MM hasnt complained and I fully believe that the owners have delivered what they promised MM.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S CURRENT WAGE BILL "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Remember everyone as well Our Current Squad and Management.

We are still paying Dave Jones Wages £760,000 Basic, Terry Burtons £250,000 Basic, Plus another approx. £250,000 for the rest of them for This Season.

Annis :ayatollah: Does anyone know what budget MM - Was given this season :?:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Totally agree Annis....people dont realise whats budgeted for.

Its like free transfers.....they aint free, they command signing on fees, they ask for high wages. it all counts just because we dont pay another club it doesnt mean we dont have to pay money out a well as agents who get a chunk esp on free transfers.

We all want another 3/4 players MM does and im sure the owners would ideally but we have to be careful of the outgoings. MM hasnt complained and I fully believe that the owners have delivered what they promised MM.

Luke, Correct a lot of fans have forgotten to include this and the Free Transfer costs etc.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Sorry I don't understand. Do we still owe this amount or is this their overall salary per annum...if so, how long is left on each contract?? Sorry im just not clued up with this side of the club as most of you are.

Those are hefty slices of our pie. :?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony a lot less than DJ had.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:22 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Sorry I don't understand. Do we still owe this amount or is this their overall salary per annum...if so, how long is left on each contract?? Sorry im just not clued up with this side of the club as most of you are.

DJ the whole amount, others 6 months at least.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:26 pm

I hear that MM is currently on a £210,000 a year contract without bonus's added into his contract? If so then this guy could become a legend if he manages to take us to the promised land.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:27 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:I hear that MM is currently on a £210,000 a year contract without bonus's added into his contract? If so then this guy could become a legend if he manages to take us to the promised land.

Your approx. Correct and I really hope Malky becomes A GREAT LEGEND :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:Sorry I don't understand. Do we still owe this amount or is this their overall salary per annum...if so, how long is left on each contract?? Sorry im just not clued up with this side of the club as most of you are.

DJ the whole amount, others 6 months at least.

:shock: :shock: OH DEAR :? :? However, im happy to fall short with the a decent budget than still have DJ at the helm. This season to me is about consolidation. I do believe we will do better than that but that is where my level of expectation lies...this season is one big education, minus Dave Jones which means we learning already.

Money well wasted.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony a lot less than DJ had.

In that case i can't see MM - Having much more money to go to buys or wages :shock:
Unless players come in on loan and that club pays a % or/and players go out on loan.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:36 pm

I was under the impression last season if you didn't get up your owners would give it a right good go this season to get up?

Sounds like you are going backwards.

Have the owners got your long term plans & best interests at heart? From an outsider it seems like they are trying to do things on the cheap. Not saying money guarantees you anything because we all know it doesn't but trying to go up with a weaker squad than you did last season seems crazy?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:37 pm

DJ's wage was exceptional for this division, no doubt - regardless of peoples opinion of the job he did. But to then get a coach supposedly on £250k as well is just ridiculous. Managers of promoted sides in recent years have earned less.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I was under the impression last season if you didn't get up your owners would give it a right good go this season to get up?

Have the owners got your long term plans & best interests at heart? From an outsider it seems like they are trying to do things on the cheap. Not saying money guarantees you anything because we all know it doesn't but trying to go up with a weaker squad than you did last season seems crazy?

Hi Stan Mate :ayatollah:

Personally I think they are trying to copy what Swansea did last season.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:

DJ's wage was exceptional for this division, no doubt - regardless of peoples opinion of the job he did. But to then get a coach supposedly on £250k as well is just ridiculous. Managers of promoted sides in recent years have earned less.

Was'nt Buck Rodgers on that amount last season ( £250,000 ) as a manager :o

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I was under the impression last season if you didn't get up your owners would give it a right good go this season to get up?

It looks like we are going to this the hard way Stan :ayatollah: And lets not forget...Bellers wages were not in DJ Budget :o

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hi mate.

Yep seems like that's the blueprint for promotion.

To be fair we went up by spending only £3m but I would say with a far superior manager to MM or Brendan Rodgers.
I think this season will be a lot harder to get up than last (obviously) so a strong squad is essential but I don't see that with you boys this year.

Not saying you should do a Leicester because I can see that going tits up but I would of loved to see your owners really take things by the scruff of the neck & go for it but I can see tears ahead as going up cheap doesn't happen often at all & let's be honest Swansea's team last year was better than Cardiff's this year.

Will be tough.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:49 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:

Was'nt Buck Rodgers on that amount last season ( £250,000 ) as a manager :o

Reportedly as that - but I'm not sure if Thrifty Jenkins would pay that much tbh. Same goes for Olly at Blackpool and even Lambert at Naarwich imo.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Fully agree Stan, hope they redeem themselves within the loan market otherwise they really have shown a lack of ambition for us to succeed.

Wait for the get real quotes, lets get one thing right the only debt that the Malaysians have cleared is the debt owed to Board members within the club and they were turned into shares, all other creditors are still outstanding, also new debt is accumulating, do not thing everything within the club is smelling of roses because your a long way off.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hi mate.

Yep seems like that's the blueprint for promotion.

To be fair we went up by spending only £3m but I would say with a far superior manager to MM or Brendan Rodgers.
I think this season will be a lot harder to get up than last (obviously) so a strong squad is essential but I don't see that with you boys this year.

Not saying you should do a Leicester because I can see that going tits up but I would of loved to see your owners really take things by the scruff of the neck & go for it but I can see tears ahead as going up cheap doesn't happen often at all & let's be honest Swansea's team last year was better than Cardiff's this year.

Will be tough.

Stan, Our Budget was £20 mill last Season, Swansea had a £6 mill Budget.
I Totally agree the Division is much harder this season, If we make the play offs I will be over the moon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Swansea had a £6 mill Budget.

£6m? Sorry, are you drunk or is the heatstroke from Spain setting in late? :? :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:59 pm

nobby wrote:

Fully agree Stan, hope they redeem themselves within the loan market otherwise they really have shown a lack of ambition for us to succeed.

Wait for the get real quotes, lets get one thing right the only debt that the Malaysians have cleared is the debt owed to Board members within the club and they were turned into shares, all other creditors are still outstanding, also new debt is accumulating, do not thing everything within the club is smelling of roses because your a long way off.

Good point Nobby maybe we are all being a little hasty & should give them the chance to get some good loans in as their is some very good players available.

Will your targets be Malkys TRUE targets or he is he on a budget that will restrict him to a certain calibre of player?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:59 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

£6m? Sorry, are you drunk or is the heatstroke from Spain setting in late? :? :lol:

OK Jack what was your playing budget ?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't know but it was certainly more than £6m!

Wages from the previous year were in the region of £9m and would have been up last year with the signings of Sinclair, Moore and the wages paid to loan players such as Borini. The only significant departure from the previous year coming off the wage bill was Britton and he rejoined in Jan.

So £6m is very wide of the mark.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:05 pm

" if we get to the playoff, ill be over the moon!"

Agreed. However some amongst us will see barely making the playoffs as fighting for relegation, so it'll be a rough ride on here this season. I think some need to think long and hard about why they come to watch football and Cardiff, it part of football. Only a small minority, but they don't half affect the atmosphere.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:06 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't know but it was certainly more than £6m!

Wages from the previous year were in the region of £9m and would have been up last year with the signings of Sinclair, Moore and the wages paid to loan players such as Borini. The only significant departure from the previous year coming off the wage bill was Britton and he rejoined in Jan.

So £6m is very wide of the mark.

I was told you would not pay more than approx. £8,000 a week for a player and that was rare to pay that high.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:09 pm

baseboy007 wrote:" if we get to the playoff, ill be over the moon!"

Agreed. However some amongst us will see barely making the playoffs as fighting for relegation, so it'll be a rough ride on here this season. I think some need to think long and hard about why they come to watch football and Cardiff, it part of football. Only a small minority, but they don't half affect the atmosphere.

I can tell you now I will def be celebrating if we make the play offs this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
I was told you would not pay more than approx. £8,000 a week for a player and that was rare to pay that high.

I have no idea if that is true or not however, the audited accounts from the previous season are available at Companies House and will show the figures I stated.

One thing is for certain though, our club is certainly managed the right way from the top.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:" if we get to the playoff, ill be over the moon!"

I can tell you now I will def be celebrating if we make the play offs this season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, let me tell you! If we make the playoffs, we are going all the way. So I too will be celebrating! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: