Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHY ARE WE BEING CALLED NEGATIVE ? "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:47 pm

" WHY ARE WE BEING CALLED NEGATIVE ? "

When All some of us are asking for is another 3 or 4 more players to be added to our squad.
Are we wrong in asking for this.
We are 100% behind Malky :ayatollah:

Even Malky stated 2 weeks ago he needed 4 more players, So how can we be negative ?

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah:

Re: " WHY ARE WE BEING CALLED NEGATIVE ? "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Who said that?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Who said that?

Read quite a few other fans comments on the Forum.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" WHY ARE WE BEING CALLED NEGATIVE ? "

When All some of us are asking for is another 3 or 4 more players to be added to our squad.

Even Malky stated 2 weeks ago he needed 4 more players, So how can we be negative ?

It is plain to see that our squad in lacking in quality in certain areas, if we are to push for a top 6 spot then we urgently need at least 3 quality signings. Agree with your comments to Annis, the manager has even stated this himself, will he be backed in the loan window, i certainly hope so.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Ooh right the ones who knows best. Well I bet they're the type of people who will want malkays head if we don't go up this season.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:52 pm

nobby wrote:

It is plain to see that our squad in lacking in quality in certain areas, if we are to push for a top 6 spot then we urgently need at least 3 quality signings. Agree with your comments to Annis, the manager has even stated this himself, will he be backed in the loan window, i certainly hope so.

So do I Dai, I really feel if Malky is backed he will be the one to get us over that finish line :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:54 pm

i thinkg the negativity is coming from people who are saying that because Bellamy didnt sign and because we didnt spend millions and millions on players then we are doomed to mid table......To be honest, mid table is the expectation this season as its a season to rebuild. MM has said he wants to be in and around the top spots and said he will look at all viable ways to get players in including the january window. If he gets us promotion this season then he has over achieved in my eyes :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Trololol wrote:i thinkg the negativity is coming from people who are saying that because Bellamy didnt sign and because we didnt spend millions and millions on players then we are doomed to mid table......To be honest, mid table is the expectation this season as its a season to rebuild. MM has said he wants to be in and around the top spots and said he will look at all viable ways to get players in including the january window. If he gets us promotion this season then he has over achieved in my eyes :ayatollah:

If Malky gets us promoted with this Squad he deserves to be Knighted, I honestly believe a few more players and we could challenge for Top 2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Trololol wrote:i thinkg the negativity is coming from people who are saying that because Bellamy didnt sign and because we didnt spend millions and millions on players then we are doomed to mid table......To be honest, mid table is the expectation this season as its a season to rebuild. MM has said he wants to be in and around the top spots and said he will look at all viable ways to get players in including the january window. If he gets us promotion this season then he has over achieved in my eyes :ayatollah:

If Malky gets us promoted with this Squad he deserves to be Knighted, I honestly believe a few more players and we could challenge for Top 2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Like I've said to you Annis, if he gets those 3 or 4 players in on loan we could be challenging for automatic, without them we have a good shout for play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Trololol wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Like I've said to you Annis, if he gets those 3 or 4 players in on loan we could be challenging for automatic, without them we have a good shout for play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I really hope so :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:04 pm

The negativity is being aimed towards those who are saying Malky hasn't done anything during the window/we're shite without Bellamy. It's clear to see Malky, working under at this time unknown conditions, has been able to bring in some quality without needing to spend obscene amounts for them.

I've seen people complain when we haven't gone and spent 2/3 million on a player - Tell me why we need to, apart from to please the fans who want a big-money signing.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm very positive about the season ahead :D ....However, I do think that the next 3 weeks (Donny, Leicester and Southampton) will be massive games in terms of where we are. I would like to see additional players added to the squad as well. Personally I think Beattie would be a good addition. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Malky is the man to get us promoted be it this year or next.

Yes we could do with a few key positions being strenghtened and I feel that we will make some inroad into that during the "loan window"

The players we have, at present, are certainly capable of getting us into the Top 6 but whatever happens "I'll be there"
(with the wife and kids of course)

:old: :D :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Dafydd wrote:The negativity is being aimed towards those who are saying Malky hasn't done anything during the window/we're shite without Bellamy. It's clear to see Malky, working under at this time unknown conditions, has been able to bring in some quality without needing to spend obscene amounts for them.

I've seen people complain when we haven't gone and spent 2/3 million on a player - Tell me why we need to, apart from to please the fans who want a big-money signing.

We need more quality in our squad, also the Malaysians have said they WANT promotion then they need to back them words with signings, not all free transfers eithers, yes weve spent £2 million but another one or two million would not have harmed them. I would have been happy with mid table given the circumstances and all the personel changes within the club, but its the Malaysians who put the pressure on themselves by saying they want success, then back the words up thats all im saying.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:43 pm

I hate the word "negativity" it should be banned :idea:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on. A different type of striker up front, another option out wide.

Leicester can stick their millions up their arses, we'll have a better side!!

Its the most irresponsible spending i've ever seen. If I was a Leicester fan
i'd be shitting myself.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Even Barcellona need to strengthen their squad sometimes. That's not being negative, it's improving things. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Annis try viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58750

To quote you:
My Honest Opinion Malky has not been fully Backed by our Current board. NEGATIVE we've signed some 10 players...
Def we do not have quality running through out our Squad. NEGATIVE think of it as a player reading it
Bellamy, I do not believe we fully went after him. NEGATIVE MM said we went after him but we'd not pay stupid money
I Honestly believe we will be lucky to finish top 10 this season NEGATIVE, I will be fully behind Malky as I know he will give everything for the cause POSITIVE

So there's four pretty negative comments with an attempt to right it with the last statement...

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Einstein wrote:

To quote you:
My Honest Opinion Malky has not been fully Backed by our Current board. NEGATIVE we've signed some 10 players...
Def we do not have quality running through out our Squad. NEGATIVE think of it as a player reading it
Bellamy, I do not believe we fully went after him. NEGATIVE MM said we went after him but we'd not pay stupid money
I Honestly believe we will be lucky to finish top 10 this season NEGATIVE, I will be fully behind Malky as I know he will give everything for the cause POSITIVE

So there's four pretty negative comments with an attempt to right it with the last statement...

But I Honestly believe, We need a few more players, Malky in my opinion needs more backing. Also I know for a fact we never went after Bells like everyone is thinking.
I am fully behind Malky and love everything about him being our manager, I just hope he gets fully backed by our board. Even Malky said we needed 4 new players
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Einstein wrote:

To quote you:

But I Honestly believe, We need a few more players, Malky in my opinion needs more backing. Also I know for a fact we never went after Bells like everyone is thinking.
I am fully behind Malky and love everything about him being our manager, I just hope he gets fully backed by our board. Even Malky said we needed 4 new players

I totally agree but sometime your comments do come across as negative. Three of our most difficult away games done and we're undefeated in them... I agree we need three or four more players! There are some right numpties on here though boyo. Get Beattie, JonJo Shelvey and Frimpong we'll be sorted (ooops just woke up)

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:47 pm

The question is, do you want your club to be run properly within set budgets that can be afforded through the income the club generates, or do you want to keep throwing someone else's money at it putting you further in debt?

I read quite a few comments on here at the end of last season asking for the former but now the reality of what that means is hitting home, it seems people are changing their tune and want more.

Just an outside observation.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:08 pm

NJ73 wrote:The question is, do you want your club to be run properly within set budgets that can be afforded through the income the club generates, or do you want to keep throwing someone else's money at it putting you further in debt?

I read quite a few comments on here at the end of last season asking for the former but now the reality of what that means is hitting home, it seems people are changing their tune and want more.

Just an outside observation.

Where are we getting into further debt? Most of this further debt was taken up by shares. Remaining debt will most likely go the same way. The real only outstanding debt is what is owed to Sam. No one knows what is going to happen there yet.

Personally I feel the club are comfortable that we will get a play off spot with what we have got. Another few loanees will practically quarantee that. That is the feeling I am getting. Last year it was a gamble to bring in loanees and spend on wages. This year to me it looks like a gamble to have a half decent team and rely on those around us not being so strong. Could quite easily work from what I am seeing.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:15 am

When Malky came into the job he said he was looking for 5-7 players before we kicked off our pre season against Charlton. Im not nervous about if we dont bring anyone in because i trust Malky and his decision makings in the market!

Joe Mason really young from Plymouth has been the best buy in my opinion! Hes such a work horse havent seen a player like him in ages! Still bring up his performance against Bristol to my mates! :lol:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 am

Einstein wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Einstein wrote:

To quote you:

I totally agree but sometime your comments do come across as negative. Three of our most difficult away games done and we're undefeated in them... I agree we need three or four more players! There are some right numpties on here though boyo. Get Beattie, JonJo Shelvey and Frimpong we'll be sorted (ooops just woke up)

Your prob right, I do come across as sometimes too negative, Sadly that is me :cry: But I also feel that by speaking out and saying what I really feel creates a good debate on here. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Its not negative to say we need a couple more players to go for promotion. Cos
we do. Malky knows that, the Club know that, everyone knows that. For all we
know Malky has already pencilled in two more, has already spoken to their clubs
and already has them onside. Given his dealings so far, who can say thats not
the case.

In MY opinion, it IS negative right now to say the owners aren't backing him.

for all we know, Malky may have turned round and told them he didnt really
want Bellamy, and would get who he needs in the loan window.

The negativity stems from mistrust. After all thats happened this last
three months. Jones going, Malky in, brilliant new players in on the
cheap etc etc.... Surely its time we just TRUSTED them.

Remember, the MAJORITY on here said they'd be happy to consolidate this
season, to finish in or around the play-off positions. Why the change of heart
lads?????... This squad is ALREADY good enough to finish in the top 6 or 8

If Malky gets a top class striker in over the next week (and i have a sneaking
feeling we're going to get a good one!) they will challenge for promotion!!!!

How on earth can anyone be on a downer right now?? its beyond me!!

Mackay WILL get a player or two in the loan window, we WILL challenge.

We ARE a threat in this division, whats with the long faces?