Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pride and Passion what a great evening last night

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:08 pm

I must say what an enjoyable game last night was. Wales last night saw the Dragon roar and we beat a technically very good Montenegro side. The crowd was around 8,000 but nonetherless the faithful that turned up made a great atmosphere especially the Canton stand. There was also the usual large contingent of North Wales lads down and respect to them for making the journey. The Barry horns were playing again last night around outside prior to kick off and during the game in the tunnel area by the Canton Stand. They really do add to the atmosphere and I think their off to Wembley next week. Some classic s including depeche mode, andy williams, etc all belted out. Gareth Bale looked world class last night and at times some of the moves he was doing were really breathtaking, Bellamy looked committed and ran his heart out. My only worry or disappointment is despite Morrison 's goal I dont think he is international standard. He looks lethargic and at times seems to be out of the movement and runs people are making around him. Just my opinion of course maybe time for Vokes or Church to claim that position although I appreciate their not regulars at the moment. There were a few hundred Montenegro fans milling around good bunch I thought with no sign of trouble and a few good looking babes amongst their contingent :ayatollah: . Surely now its onwards and upwards. We must keep the faith. Well done boys Cymru Am Byth :ayatollah:

Re: Pride and Passion what a great evening last night

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I must say what an enjoyable game last night was. Wales last night saw the Dragon roar and we beat a technically very good Montenegro side. The crowd was around 8,000 but nonetherless the faithful that turned up made a great atmosphere especially the Canton stand. There was also the usual large contingent of North Wales lads down and respect to them for making the journey. The Barry horns were playing again last night around outside prior to kick off and during the game in the tunnel area by the Canton Stand. They really do add to the atmosphere and I think their off to Wembley next week. Some classic s including depeche mode, andy williams, etc all belted out. Gareth Bale looked world class last night and at times some of the moves he was doing were really breathtaking, Bellamy looked committed and ran his heart out. My only worry or disappointment is despite Morrison 's goal I dont think he is international standard. He looks lethargic and at times seems to be out of the movement and runs people are making around him. Just my opinion of course maybe time for Vokes or Church to claim that position although I appreciate their not regulars at the moment. There were a few hundred Montenegro fans milling around good bunch I thought with no sign of trouble and a few good looking babes amongst their contingent :ayatollah: . Surely now its onwards and upwards. We must keep the faith. Well done boys Cymru Am Byth :ayatollah:

Great atmosphere, at last the dragon has breathed fire. Roll on Wembley, and Sofia.
Good atmosphere generated in the canton last night.
£15 a ticket - bargain. :ayatollah: