Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" JAMES BEATTIE ? "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:08 am

James Beattie, Has been released by Rangers and he now is a free agent, would prove to be a good foil for both Miller and Earnie and I reckon he would score goals in this division. A player with a good track record.

Re: JAMES BEATTIE

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:09 am

Very good aquisition he would be mate

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:12 am

is this a heads up that he could be on his way here?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:16 am

carlccfc wrote:Has been released by Rangers and he now is a free agent, would prove to be a good foil for both Miller and Earnie and I reckon he would score goals in this division. A player with a good track record.

If we are only signing one striker then i would like to see someone who is younger and fresher with a bit of pace about them, to me Beattie does not fall into this category. He has a good scoring record but the last two seasons he has only played 16 times and has failed to score. If we sign 2 strikers then i would certainly like to see him being one of them along with what i firstly said. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:16 am

Lou Vogel wrote:is this a heads up that he could be on his way here?

Lets wait and see Lou :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:17 am

I hope so. He could def do a job for us. Plus he's tidy in the air.......we miss that ariel threat.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:18 am

Smacks of desperation, we must have the oldest strike force in the league already.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:19 am

carlccfc wrote:Has been released by Rangers and he now is a free agent, would prove to be a good foil for both Miller and Earnie and I reckon he would score goals in this division. A player with a good track record.

Were Beattie and Miller together at Rangers :?:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:19 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Smacks of desperation, we must have the oldest strike force in the league already.

Richard would you have said no to Kevin Phillips, he is doing a decent job in this division already :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:20 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

yes

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:20 am

nobby wrote:

If we are only signing one striker then i would like to see someone who is younger and fresher with a bit of pace about them, to me Beattie does not fall into this category. He has a good scoring record but the last two seasons he has only played 16 times and has failed to score. If we sign 2 strikers then i would certainly like to see him being one of them along with what i firstly said. :ayatollah:

I tend to agree 2-3 years ago Beattie would have been superb, but now he could just come to pick up a wage.
Beast is more mobile !
I'd prefer to see someone with something to prove.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:22 am

i would have taken Kevin phillips. he's ageless. He can def score goals and has already proved that. Think we missed the boat on that one....

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:29 am

from the metro: Striker James Beattie could be set for a shock return to the Premier League, with his former clubs Everton and Blackburn, as well as Newcastle United, alerted to his availability following his release by Rangers.
Full story: Metro

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:34 am

Lou Vogel wrote:from the metro: Striker James Beattie could be set for a shock return to the Premier League, with his former clubs Everton and Blackburn, as well as Newcastle United, alerted to his availability following his release by Rangers.
Full story: Metro

Spot on Lou :ayatollah: Here is the link...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... ngers-exit

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:36 am

carlccfc wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Smacks of desperation, we must have the oldest strike force in the league already.

Richard would you have said no to Kevin Phillips, he is doing a decent job in this division already :ayatollah:

Kevin Philips is a class of his own and easily outshines Beattie, why would Rangers release him from the SPL....?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:38 am

He was on £35,000 a week at Stoke :shock: not sure about at Rangers, anyone know? If I was VT, most a week I'd pay for him would be half of that £35,000! Or even less than that considering we wouldn't pay Jay that amount

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:40 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Yes Tony and they both started the first 4 games of last season, but after that Beattie replaced by Jelavic and was only used as a sub on a couple of occasions after that.

A good target man type of player but would he fit into the MM high energy high workrate type of team. Hmm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:46 am

castleblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Yes Tony and they both started the first 4 games of last season, but after that Beattie replaced by Jelavic and was only used as a sub on a couple of occasions after that.

A good target man type of player but would he fit into the MM high energy high workrate type of team. Hmm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Gary :ayatollah: i had a feeling that they must have played together at some point,during their days at Rangers.

Re: " JAMES BEATTIE ? "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Taller than Earnie and Miller so could act as the target man in a partnership.

I would get him down here to take a closer look at him :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Not quite good enough for the premiership anymore but he would be perfect for us.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:47 pm

It was only a few years ago he was unstoppable at this level. I think he would be ideal on a 1 year deal.

Hi previous wages mean nothing as he is out of contract so he will take what he can get.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:49 pm

FEED THE BEAT AND HE WILL SCORE :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:37 pm

We need a Kevin Davis style target man and James Beattie available for free

1 year deal and he'd definitely help bring on Rudy and bring the best out of Miller/Earnie.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:40 pm

ye i think he would be a good signing :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:James Beattie, Has been released by Rangers and he now is a free agent, would prove to be a good foil for both Miller and Earnie and I reckon he would score goals in this division. A player with a good track record.

Used to be a good player but sorry I disagree. If he couldn't score goals for Rangers in that crap league then I don't believe he has what it takes anymore to be a success in the Championship.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Good player a few years ago when he was banging them in for both Southampton and Everton but I think pretty much his best years are behind him now after a few indifferent seasons at Stoke, Blackpool and Rangers where I thought he might shine alongside Miller at the start of last season and actually score quite a few. How wrong was I?

Gary Taylor-Fletcher is a decent front man/target man and could be an option, or even someone like Sam Vokes on loan, who if given a run in the team could prove to be a decent striker. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Could have prem interest http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... z1WoA8iDSQ

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 am

his he still without a club? :lol:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:24 am

carlccfc wrote:James Beattie, Has been released by Rangers and he now is a free agent, would prove to be a good foil for both Miller and Earnie and I reckon he would score goals in this division. A player with a good track record.

I dont understand how he would be Carl

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:25 am

He'd feel at home with cardiff thats for sure, and wouldnt do our team spirit any harm... Well worth a punt i reckon :ayatollah: