Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

turner..... hudson replacement?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:46 am

will hudson be offered a new contract?

with hudson in the last year of his contract and on a large salary, is turner hudsons replacement?
mm thinking ahead, something dj never did.

lets hope for some quality loan signings, not another jet or koumas!

Re: turner..... hudson replacement?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:57 am

Hudson would have to drop his wage for sure.

Tbh i think turner will replace Gerrard in the team now.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:01 am

2blue2handle wrote:Hudson would have to drop his wage for sure.

I disagree Hudson is shocking he cost us big against Brighton ! giving away 2 of the goals :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:03 am

Gerrard has made huge mistakes in every game so far, only cost us in one though thankfully but that's only down to poor finishing by other clubs.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:Gerrard has made huge mistakes in every game so far, only cost us in one though thankfully but that's only down to poor finishing by other clubs.

True point but overall Gerrad is better. Hudson is too slow but gerrads a little quicker :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 am

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Hudson would have to drop his wage for sure.

I disagree Hudson is shocking he cost us big against Brighton ! giving away 2 of the goals :ayatollah:

The penalty was one obviously, but what was the other ?

Both Gerrard and Hudson are out of contract in May.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:19 am

Hudson
In fact all of these are out of contract in June

Hudson
Gerrard
Marshall
Naylor
Blake
Quinn
Mcphail
Gyepes

thats a lot to replace if none of them have extensions

Heaton,Keinan and Parkin still 1 year left ?

Only Whiits and Kev on long term out of the old guard.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:33 am

i would like to see Turner line up alongside Keinan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:00 am

Keinan and turner at the back for me. Keinan done well last season he just lost the plot against reading on the playoffs. Keinan is comfortable on the ball to which fits into the way mm want to play. And not just lumping the ball forward like gerrard/hudson.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:03 am

brithdirblue wrote:Keinan and turner at the back for me. Keinan done well last season he just lost the plot against reading on the playoffs. Keinan is comfortable on the ball to which fits into the way mm want to play. And not just lumping the ball forward like gerrard/hudson.

He had a fuckin mare that nite, i thought he was quality up till that game, i think it'll be huds and turner as hudson is captain

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:07 pm

brithdirblue wrote:Keinan and turner at the back for me. Keinan done well last season he just lost the plot against reading on the playoffs. Keinan is comfortable on the ball to which fits into the way mm want to play. And not just lumping the ball forward like gerrard/hudson.

The difference between Hudson and Gerrard is that Hudson actually find his target when going long, whereas Gerrard tries to impersonate his cousin !

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:28 pm

glammy74 wrote:i would like to see Turner line up alongside Keinan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats something i aint thought about..Keinan did well last season so it wont hurt to try it.it might also shake hudson n gerrard up a bit

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:47 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Gerrard has made huge mistakes in every game so far, only cost us in one though thankfully but that's only down to poor finishing by other clubs.

True point but overall Gerrad is better. Hudson is too slow but gerrads a little quicker :ayatollah:

Huds may be slower but he positions himself better so he doesnt have to do all the tracking back. Speed doesnt make you a good player :?

Example of this, Kelvin Etuhu. Quicker than most people on the pitch but can do eff all with the ball :lol:

Gerrard had a nightmare at Pompy, everything he touched turned to shite and he was the first to admit that.

Hudson although lacking pace is the best centre back we have, strong, experienced and good in the air.

And again for the pace arguement, Per Mertersacker for Arsenal, he is slow as shite but was outstanding in the world cup for germany :old:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Gerrard is just turned far to easily for my liking.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:50 pm

His performance at pompy was terrible, he almost cost us big time if it wasnt for huds and taylor covering his mistakes.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Trololol wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:

Huds may be slower but he positions himself better so he doesnt have to do all the tracking back. Speed doesnt make you a good player :?

Example of this, Kelvin Etuhu. Quicker than most people on the pitch but can do eff all with the ball :lol:

Gerrard had a nightmare at Pompy, everything he touched turned to shite and he was the first to admit that.

Hudson although lacking pace is the best centre back we have, strong, experienced and good in the air.

And again for the pace arguement, Per Mertersacker for Arsenal, he is slow as shite but was outstanding in the world cup for germany :old:

Talking about Arsenal.

3 of the best centre halfs the country has seen.

Bould, Adams, Keown.

All carthorses.

Centre halfs with pace are normally called centre forwards :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:05 pm

:lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:21 pm

glammy74 wrote:i would like to see Turner line up alongside Keinan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ditto

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Turner a left footer will be Gerrard's replacement.

Chambers will come to us in next 12 months and will replace Hudson :ayatollah: