Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What price Gareth Bale

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:26 am

Just how much do you think it would take to get him from Spurs, my God he's improved so much during the last two seasons.

Re: What price Gareth Bale

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:32 am

BigGwynram wrote:Just how much do you think it would take to get him from Spurs, my God he's improved so much during the last two seasons.

At least 30 mill

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:32 am

£50m+ easily he has developed into one of the top PL players and I don't think he will be at Spurs much longer. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 am

With all the hype too a lot of managers like him I would say 30+ million easy

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 am

oveer 50m

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:57 am

40m :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:13 am

BigGwynram wrote:Just how much do you think it would take to get him from Spurs, my God he's improved so much during the last two seasons.

Its always hard to place a price on a player but if you consider that Liverpool paid 35 million for Andy Carroll then surely Bale would command a price way above that.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:12 pm

cityone wrote:

At least 30 mill

30?!! :shock: More like 80 mill. Especially when Harry wont let Modric go at 55 mill

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Hopefully Man City or Chelsea will pay stupid money for him so we get our sell on fee :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Its always hard to place a price on a player but if you consider that Liverpool paid 35 million for Andy Carroll then surely Bale would command a price way above that.

I'm a Red, don't let the Andy Carroll fee fool you, when we sold Torres to Chelsea for £50 million, Kenny wanted Carroll and said had Newcastle wanted £50 million for Carroll we would have charged Chelsea £65 million for Torres he just wanted the £15 million "buffer" which meant we broke even for the January window,Newcastle knew we were getting silly money for Torres and could hold us to ransom, we sold Torres and Babel for a combined £60 million and brought in Suarez and Carroll for more or less the same amount. There is always a silly premium on British born players, personally having watched him play I'd rate Carroll in the £10-£15 million bracket, he's got potential but is far from the finished article. Gareth Bale in terms of world football would come in the £25-30 million bracket, but to another Premier League club you could add another £10 million on top.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:34 pm

He was awesome and people thought that £15 was too much to watch Wales.
Bales performance last night and Ramsays would have been worth £40 a ticket for me.
Best football ive seen for years by Wales. It was like winning the world cup after the final whistle went. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Alot!!

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:24 pm

wdb2721 wrote:Alot chief!!

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:25 pm

boxerbob wrote:
wdb2721 wrote:Alot chief!!

just edited for you,couldn't help myself after your comment on the other thread :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:55 pm

estimated 50 - 60,but not goin this year :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Do you think we could tempt Rednapp by offering Naylor, Taiwo and Parkin for Bale?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:Hopefully Man City or Chelsea will pay stupid money for him so we get our sell on fee :lol:

I think thats Southamptons Sell on Fee your talking about ;) :lol:

Steve Van Halen wrote:Hopefully Man City or Chelsea will pay stupid money for him so we get our sell on fee :lol:

That was a seminal moment on ccmb!

brown wrote:

I think thats Southamptons Sell on Fee your talking about ;) :lol:

There's always one. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:16 pm

whatever his price gwyn we cant afford him lol

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Perehaps they will lend us the statue money. ;)

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Perehaps they will lend us the statue money. ;)

he was nearly with us 2 seasons back,his agent advised against leaving the premiership :ayatollah: