Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE SQUAD NEEDS STRENGTHENING "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 am

I have wrote my column in today's Echo, for those of you who do not buy the Echo or will not at least today here is the link, if you enjoy what you have read don't forget to HIT THE RECOMMEND button. :ayatollah:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29355134/

Also don't miss the EDDIE MAY interview in the paper today either http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29355135/

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

Comments are welcome both on here and on the Echo website :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "THE SQUAD NEEDS STRENGTHENING"

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:19 am

Eddie May's Barmeeee Armeeeee!!!

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 am

Good read as always Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:56 am

Nice one Carl, as always a great write up. Keep em coming mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:50 am

I agree that we need another targetman, this should be priority and we need to push the boat out. Also one maybe 2 widemen to compete with the 2 very good ones we've already got. Then I'd be happy. I'd also like another really good central midfielder, but that might be greedy :lol:

BTW Carl did you read the 2 bizzare comments underneath the article :lol: some of our fans are really not that bright :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:53 am

Gotta laugh at the 2nd comment at the bottom he thinks malky is the wrong man for the job and if dave jones were here we'd be sittin pretty at the top of the table

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:58 am

Lawnmower wrote:I agree that we need another targetman, this should be priority and we need to push the boat out. Also one maybe 2 widemen to compete with the 2 very good ones we've already got. Then I'd be happy. I'd also like another really good central midfielder, but that might be greedy :lol:

BTW Carl did you read the 2 bizzare comments underneath the article :lol: some of our fans are really not that bright :lol:

I would never give them a crayon, you never know what damage they could do :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:01 am

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Gotta laugh at the 2nd comment at the bottom he thinks malky is the wrong man for the job and if dave jones were here we'd be sittin pretty at the top of the table

i couldn't believe that comment :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:05 am

murphy wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Gotta laugh at the 2nd comment at the bottom he thinks malky is the wrong man for the job and if dave jones were here we'd be sittin pretty at the top of the table

i couldn't believe that comment :lol:

I know its all about opinions but who in their rite mind would still think that dave jones has a place here, and the fact that malky isnt the man for the job....He or she needs sectioning, I wonder if they post on here, very much doubt it :lol:

Re: " THE SQUAD NEEDS STRENGTHENING "

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:19 pm

My only concern is central defence which is going to cost us this season. I love the look of the midfield and I'm one of the few who believe Miller and Earnshaw will come good.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:My only concern is central defence which is going to cost us this season. I love the look of the midfield and I'm one of the few who believe Miller and Earnshaw will come good.

Central defence will be 10x better with turner, we all seen how much huds improved in the few games he had next to riggot, i think they will be a good partnership

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:My only concern is central defence which is going to cost us this season. I love the look of the midfield and I'm one of the few who believe Miller and Earnshaw will come good.

Malky clearly thinks that too -hence the signing of Turner.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:34 pm

I dont think we are to many players short to be honest. We need another wide for sure as im still not totally sure Cowies best position is wide.

We certainly need another striker maybe two depending on how Rudy develops but I think two players of good quality will be enough.

The bench recently has been pretty week but we have Kiss, Gunarrson and McPhail to come back. I hear good things about Kiss and I know Gunarsson and McPhail are more than capable at this level. If we can bring in a wide player we also have Cowie who can play more central so plenty of options.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

Central defence will be 10x better with turner, we all seen how much huds improved in the few games he had next to riggot, i think they will be a good partnership

Thought riggot only played one game, two at a push . I think turner is a big gamble, he has to prove he was the player he was before injury

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:11 pm

well put carl good read :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:42 am

Yea well said Carl but that statement is an obvious thing to say looking at the squad but totally agree.

The loan players are now a key to are season so I hope we get some good players in who are committed to Cardiff City for there loan period.I think they will be because Malky wouldn't have it any other way

Keep the updates coming Carl been few and far between of late.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:13 am

Those comments just say one thing to me,and that's fan's expectation's are just as high as last season.