Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My suggested loan targets

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:57 am

We all have our opinions on who Malky should try and bring in,

if any of you guys watched Tottenham v Hearts in the Europa league, then you would have noticed Andros Townsend!

The kid is an out and out left winger, plays in the same style as Gareth Bale, pace and power, he also has a hammer of a left foot!!

Also Mame Biram Diouf from Man Utd, Sir Alex has said he will be farmed out on loan again, good pacey strong target man

neither player is on more than £10k a week at their parent clubs, so we could get them both within the "Bellamy Fund"

Re: My suggested loan targets

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:03 am

To be honest, I was far more impressed with Jake Livermoor for Spurs in those games. Also, Mama Diouff is never a "strong target man" in a million years. I also follow Blackburn and he played for Rovers 2 seasons ago. He's lightning quick and would be superb in the Championship but he's about 5ft 10 max so not a target man.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 am

Jake Livermore has broken into the Tottenham first team so we would never get him on loan, plus we have no need for a central midfielder,

we need a winger and a striker, there is a common misconception that a "target man" HAS to be some big lumbering idiot, that is not always the case, a target man is a player who can gain possession from a long ball or a ball played down the channels and hold it up until support arrives from midfield, a player with pace to burn can play this role just as effectively as a big lump, just look at Torres, Rooney, Berbatov, Etoo etc, they have all played a similar role at some point, granted they will not be as effective in the air, but i would rather an all round player, than a player who is there simply because he's tall................Sorry, Rant over :lol:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:22 am

Alan Shearer was the best target man I've seen play.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 am

We need a striker that has a different style of play to Earnie and Miller (too similar).

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:02 am

Bluebird99 wrote:To be honest, I was far more impressed with Jake Livermoor for Spurs in those games. Also, Mama Diouff is never a "strong target man" in a million years. I also follow Blackburn and he played for Rovers 2 seasons ago. He's lightning quick and would be superb in the Championship but he's about 5ft 10 max so not a target man.

Livermore is very much part of the Spurs 1st team set-up.

West Ham wanted him on loan as part of the Parker deal but Spurs refused.