Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So English fans are complaining about racism

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Don't think being called a sheepshagger is racist. It's stereotypical of Welsh people but not racist, I mean we call ourselves sheepshaggers all the time :roll:

Welsh isn't a race of people. It's a nationality. Big difference.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Im not sure what the english fans are complaining about as I havnt seen the news but for the LAST time lets clear this up once and for all.

If I call someone a dirty English Barsteward it is NOT racist, how can it be racist when they are the same race as me!!!!
Unless of course they are English by virtue of having lived on these shores for a period of time and are not Caucasion.

Xenophobic, YES, an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

If I call someone a Dity Black Barsteward, then that is racist. ie The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

The english and Welsh are of the same race, so if a Welshman calls an englishman a dirty english b*stard or an englishman calls a Welshman a Sheepshagger it is not possibly racist. At best, its Xenophobic.

I think some peopole need to understand that the English and Welsh, in the main, come from the same race.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:18 pm

Jeez! You and nerd are the most BORING and most condescending members on here. You f*cking bore me! At the end of the day I aint racist, racism is a crime and crime is for black people.