Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Shirts

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:05 pm

I was at Superbowl in Treforest with my boy earlier, he was wearing his City Shirt. I then decided to count how many were there. 9 City Shirts. The times are changing im sure back in the day it would have been wall to wall Liverpool Man Utd etc. BloooooooooooooooooooooBirdsssssssssssssssssssssssssss :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City Shirts

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Superbowl in Treforest???

Do you mean Bowlplex in Nantgarw?

I work down there everyday.

Normaly all you will see down there is youngsters in Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea shirts with the odd Cardiff top thrown in.

If there is a super bowl in Treforest that has gone over my head I appologise. If we are talking about Nantgarw by Makro which is currently full of workmen then every other shirt is a top four premier team, theres even a team of Jacks working down there.

I was speaking to a lad down there earlier as it goes and they have a coach going from Pontypridd for the Liverpool-Swansea game in November, :o , all plastic scousers from ponty.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 pm

There is a team of jacks working on tesco,upper boat aswell :twisted:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 pm

There is a load of them working on the new hospital/road in Ystrad Mynach as well, not sure if they are still on the job. To be fair they were a decent bunch of lads for 'them;.

I couldnt believe it earlier, there is a coach of Liverpool fans from Ponypridd going to watch Liverpool vs Swansea in November, and they said to me, dont worry ****, we will give them some abuse for you mate... :?

Going back to the original post, I was realy surprised, as Iv been down on that estate loads in the past 3 months and hardly ever see a city shirt, I even saw Lee Trundle in that Texaco where Cars for you or whetever it was called used to be last month..

I know that the Rhondda is a big Cardiff stronghold obviously, Aberdare is split I know but I thought Ponty/Trefforest/Nantgarw was blue, but it seems mainly plastics to me.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:19 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:There is a load of them working on the new hospital/road in Ystrad Mynach as well, not sure if they are still on the job. To be fair they were a decent bunch of lads for 'them;.

I couldnt believe it earlier, there is a coach of Liverpool fans from Ponypridd going to watch Liverpool vs Swansea in November, and they said to me, dont worry ****, we will give them some abuse for you mate... :?

Going back to the original post, I was realy surprised, as Iv been down on that estate loads in the past 3 months and hardly ever see a city shirt, I even saw Lee Trundle in that Texaco where Cars for you or whetever it was called used to be last month..

I know that the Rhondda is a big Cardiff stronghold obviously, Aberdare is split I know but I thought Ponty/Trefforest/Nantgarw was blue, but it seems mainly plastics to me.

80/20 Cardiff ;)

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:13 am

big support for cardiff in nantgarw mate ,we dont have walk around with city shirt on to prove it