Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales - On paper........

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:37 pm

..........we aren't bad. I mean this ain't a bad result. Aren't they Top 20 FIFA World Rankings?

Re: Wales - On paper........

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:15 pm

You're right, Wales have a decent team on paper, but due to the lack of international friendlies they don't play well together.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Even when they do play friendlies,there's a lot of players that always drop out

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Our problem is when players are out we are f*cked.

There isnt any1 to replace them and that will always be the case aslong as rugby is wales's number 1 sport or unless we invade another country so we have more talent to pick from :D

But they did do well tonight fair play to them.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:51 pm

When you consider the size of the country I suppose we gotta expect that.

Thought Darcy done a job.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Montenegro are currently 19th in the World. This result will probably push us back into the top 100, but if we get hammered on Tuesday, it'll be the same old Wales to some people. :(

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 pm

When you consider the size of the country I suppose we gotta expect that.

Thought Darcy done a job.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:34 pm

Best 1st 45 mins i have seen for a long time....We should be pround of the teams performance v a top FIFA Rank team.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 am

On paper you would think that Wales would be equal or better than Australia, especially with Bellamy, Bale and Ramsey. However, I was shocked that they got turned over so easily in the recent friendly. Should have been 6-1 rather than 2-1. However, sounds like things were a lot better last night. I'm sure the manager and not being able to get out a consistent team from game to game would be the main contributing factors towards Wales being so poor.