Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PREMIER LEAGUE 25 MAN SQUADS.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Today at 5.00 pm All the Premier teams had to name their 25 Man squads for this season.

At the time of this post some of the clubs have not been updated to the list / link below.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... quads.html

If you hit the team badge the list of players who have been named are on there,also some missing ;)

This is where the work begings for MM to get in the players he wants on loan,from the players not needed at their clubs.

I DO NOT Have any names of players who are coming in,but would like to know - who we should go for :?:

Re: PREMIER LEAGUE 25 MAN SQUADS.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:25 pm

1:-Federico Macheda

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Ive noticed Frimpong aint in the Gooners squad....?

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:26 pm

the jacks aint got a squad :D

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:32 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Ive noticed Frimpong aint in the Gooners squad....?

I Noticed that as well Richard :ayatollah: And there are a few from more not on there from other clubs.

Frimpong's name has been posted on here a few times - not sure why he is not listed - is it his age :?:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Frimpong is under 21 as is Ramsey so don't have to be named in squads, we have no chance of either to be honest.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:35 pm

id take both of the above names :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Would take hours and hours of research to see who is surplus to requirements among all those clubs :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:47 pm

ccfcbluebird wrote:the jacks aint got a squad :D

Swansea's fax machine must be down ;)

As post above still waiting for a few more clubs to update the link,but the point im trying to make is the squads are in -
Time to go into the loan market when it opens :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Hargreaves Man City :\ :?

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Actually a quick scan through reveals only QPR and Spurs have taken up the full allocation of 25 men in their squads although a handful of the clubs don't have any players up there yet. However the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea have not taken up the full allocation. Maybe worth looking through each individual clubs websites to see who is missing and surplus to requirements from those lists. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:10 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Actually a quick scan through reveals only QPR and Spurs have taken up the full allocation of 25 men in their squads although a handful of the clubs don't have any players up there yet. However the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea have not taken up the full allocation. Maybe worth looking through each individual clubs websites to see who is missing and surplus to requirements from those lists. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good point ihatealiens :ayatollah:

Swansea squad now updated,still one or two missing.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Is Frimpong under 21?

If so, he doesnt have to be named as he is U21/

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:16 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Is Frimpong under 21?

I think your right SA :ayatollah:

Noticed that Everton have named just 18 players - the rest must be made up of Under 21...Liverpool 19 players.
Tottenham have named 4 keepers in their 25...Man City 2 players they want to get rid of have been named in their squad :?:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 pm

michael tonge from stoke.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Few names left out of the QPR 25 that could do a job for you boys I reckon.

Danny Shittu
Hogan Ephraim
Patrick Agyemang
Martin Rowlands
Lee Cook
Bruno Perone
Angelo Balanta

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:07 am

David Hoilett (Blackburn)
Dan Gosling (Newcastle)
Hogan Ephraim (QPR)
John Bostock (Spurs)

:ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:14 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Few names left out of the QPR 25 that could do a job for you boys I reckon.

Danny Shittu
Hogan Ephraim
Patrick Agyemang
Martin Rowlands
Lee Cook
Bruno Perone
Angelo Balanta

Cheers Stan :ayatollah: great info as always with the above players...Saves MM some time where to look at QPR :ayatollah:

Bluebirds 1993 - Thanks for the names lets hope MM - reads this messageboard :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:24 am

MM is going to have to do really well to get 2 or 3 quality players in because there isn't a great deal of players not in the 25 man squads that could come straight into our side. Plus every other championship side will be looking at the same players.

But I believe in Malky! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:42 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Few names left out of the QPR 25 that could do a job for you boys I reckon.

Danny Shittu
Hogan Ephraim
Patrick Agyemang
Martin Rowlands
Lee Cook
Bruno Perone
Angelo Balanta

I was thinking QPR would be looking to loan players out due to all their recent signings. Stan if you were in our shoe's and you could only pick one of the above, who would it be?

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:11 am

Magners wrote:

Danny Shittu
Hogan Ephraim
Patrick Agyemang
Martin Rowlands
Lee Cook
Bruno Perone
Angelo Balanta

I was thinking QPR would be looking to loan players out due to all their recent signings. Stan if you were in our shoe's and you could only pick one of the above, who would it be?

Hogan Ephraim all day long for me Magners.

Cracking little player with a top class attitude who will find chances very limited now we have brought in other players in his position.

A natural winger who is always willing to try & beat his man & is not afraid to get back & carry out his defensive duties.
Came on away at Everton 2 weeks ago & in a 10 minute spell absolutely dominated Leon Osman who is a very decent Premiership player. Has a tendency to lack a good final ball but game time will always improve that.

Surprised he was not in the 25 as he was electric pre season & as I say when called upon nearly always delivered. Would be a good signing for you lads.

Of the others, Rowlands & Cook have gone a bit stale & a new challenge would get the best out of them again. Patrick Agyemang although a very honest lad is prone to have more shockers than good games BUT for the Championship he could be a real asset. He is big & strong & his best quality is 99% of the time he doesn't even know what he's going to do himself! So opposition definitely have no clue!

Perone is a Brazilian CB who was brought in on a free when we had the purse strings tied but with Ferdinand, Connolly, Gabbidon, Fitz Hall all covering the CB position he's another who won't get game time but again is a decent looking player.

One player I forgot to mention who I believe is out of the 25 is Peter Vaagen Moen a Norwegian who was player of the year in Norway 3 times in the last 4-5 years. Rumour has it that he was signed by Gianni Paladini & not Warnock so again a player who was up against it from the very start. Quick, alert & takes a cracking free kick. Another I think will go to the Championship & flourish.

Danny Shittu-big presence, awful feet but a bruiser in the defensive line that takes no prisoners.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:27 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Today at 5.00 pm All the Premier teams had to name their 25 Man squads for this season.

At the time of this post some of the clubs have not been updated to the list / link below.

If you hit the team badge the list of players who have been named are on there,also some missing ;)

This is where the work begings for MM to get in the players he wants on loan,from the players not needed at their clubs.

I DO NOT Have any names of players who are coming in,but would like to know - who we should go for :?:

Some interesting players at Stoke City if you ask me Tony, both Danny Pugh and Danny Collins have been left out of their PL and Europa League squads and are available for loans.

Others at Stoke are Riccardo Fuller and Mamedy Sidibe where both have returned to training following ruptured achilles injuries, after signing Crouch and Jerome these two are well down the pecking order and may well be available for loans. Both good experienced target men type of forwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:22 am

castleblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Today at 5.00 pm All the Premier teams had to name their 25 Man squads for this season.

Some interesting players at Stoke City if you ask me Tony, both Danny Pugh and Danny Collins have been left out of their PL and Europa League squads and are available for loans.

Others at Stoke are Riccardo Fuller and Mamedy Sidibe where both have returned to training following ruptured achilles injuries, after signing Crouch and Jerome these two are well down the pecking order and may well be available for loans. Both good experienced target men type of forwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Gary :ayatollah: Agree with you about Crouch and Jerome starting for Stoke,and they also have Jones.

Man Utd - Arsenal - just 2 teams we have had loans from before,have alot of Under 21 ready to send out to Championship clubs....MM - just needs to make the call :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Tom Soares has also been left out of the 25 man Stoke City squad.

A good central or wide midfield player with pace and at 6ft tall has a physical side to his game was well. Goof player available for loan who would improve our options. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:30 pm

and tongue? :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Lets not forget MM - Could always raid the Scottish market for more bargains :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Lets not forget MM - Could always raid the Scottish market for more bargains :ayatollah:

whatever happened to Ermerenko (i think that was his name) ???

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:27 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:Is Frimpong under 21?

I think your right SA :ayatollah:

Noticed that Everton have named just 18 players - the rest must be made up of Under 21...Liverpool 19 players.
Tottenham have named 4 keepers in their 25...Man City 2 players they want to get rid of have been named in their squad :?:

Everton's squad looks very thin and most of their Under 23 - 21's will be a part of their future ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... youth.html

Wayne Bridge looks on his way out of Man City - to a Championship side :?:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -loan.html