Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FUTURE 'UPDATES' "

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:06 pm

I see there is a healthy debate ongoing and the primary question is : Should Carl continue with updates ? and the reason to stop them is because they are splitting the fans.

Firstly I do not believe that the updates are splitting the fans, nor do I believe that my updates have been destabilising or damaging to the club. I, like you, love Cardiff City Football Club, would I do anything to deliberately harm my club or ruin it's chances of success, the answer is an obvious one, no I would not.

Secondly, in life you will never please everyone and you will never get everyone to agree on everything but the one thing I can guarantee is that if the updates are 'wide of the mark', 'simply made up ' or 'bullshit' why then is there so much interest in them?

I would challenge anybody to try if they wish to write the amount of updates that I have and see how long you can last before either you run out of 'lies', or get bored or before everyone realises they are full of shit and you don't get the hits. If they are so full of shit then why are so many people hung up on them, if they are blatant lies then why do so many wish to read them?

Have I made mistakes in the past, yes I have, like putting out the team sheet the night before a game, I took the criticism and accepted that is was wrong. Some things that I have passed on in updates have not materialised ie. Certain transfer targets have not come to fruition. When you get calls off agents and alike then I know more that the board is being used to get the info into the public domain and for the right to people 'in the agents eyes' to read it, that is part of the territory. This happened on one occasion last January and I have no doubt it will happen again.

I was asked 2 weeks ago to put out that Bellamy has a club a lined up and I was told in no uncertain terms that the club, Liverpool, cannot be named, I believed that the messageboard was being used again to possibly help manufacture a move to Cardiff hence the thread I created 'My Opinion on Bellamy', as it turned out the info was spot on but you can make up your own minds whether you think that my belief was warranted or not.

As I have said numerous times, if there was anything damaging in the updates toward the club then would you not expect somebody form the club to make it known to either Owain, Annis or myself that that is the case, I have had this conversation on 2 occasions with TG and he has said he certainly would and his response as been quite the opposite and as thanked me for keeping him updated. No doubt the last line will make for ridicule yet again.

As for the updates splitting the fans, then I would think of many other topics which split the fans more than a mere mortal like I, Sam Hammam divides opinion, Dave Jones divided opinion, Ninian Park and CCS divides opinion, Supporters Trust divides opinion, Gethin Jenkins divides opinion, Certain players divide opinion, the updates are there to keep everyone updated on what is happening at our club. The club even started sending out their own updates less than a year ago, it has always been a cause for debate amongst fans and many feel they do not here enough of what is happening at the club, did I try and fill a void - no I didn't, as I have always said I have passed on what I have been told.

Earnie's contract at forest and City's approach, Gunnarsson, Mason, Miller signing, Miller's medical going fine despite stories claiming otherwise, these are a few of the stories passed on during the summer amongst others and have my sources left the club, well the answer to that one is - I get information from inside the club and from people outside of it and that has not changed. Was Terry Burton the mole, Paul Wilkinson even, how about Alex Armstrong, Warren Feeney perhaps, some even say it was Dave Jones himself, look there is no mole, there is a string of people who love City and pass on info like we all do when we are sat in a pub or meet up with mates, no difference, the messageboards have taken whispers and stories through to phone calls on to texting info to the next generation, that is how it is.

Will I stop passing on what I know, I very much doubt I will, as I have said this week in response to a question the info is still there and I decide if and when I put it out. There is info I have decided not to put out concerning a couple of our players as it could be damaging to them and their careers, there is info on budget but again I have decided not to put it out but those who speak with me face to face then I have no problem in sharing it.

Will the updates stop then my answer is no but I have decided what is put out, I hope that people will consider it responsible in doing so but without them knowing the info they may find it hard to come to that conclusion, cue the onslaught of PM's now.

Re: FUTURE 'UPDATES'

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Like I've said before, the updates don't split fans, it's the people who read them and decide to twist them.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Nice responce Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Carl every day, when I got to the newsagents, I get offered a series of papers that I can either read or leave on the shelf.

I normally buy the Mirror cos its relatively good for sport and I buy the Daily Star - again for the obvious reasons :lol:

The point I make is this. People can either read your information or they can leave it.

I personally like to read it. I like the quality of the information and I like the fact that its not only about transfer speculation and, if truth be told, I also like to try and speculate where you get the info from. As you know I work down the club as a Match Day Photographer and, despite this, I have no idea where your information comes from!!!

Some info will be right and some info will be wrong - but as long as you know this then you can roll with it.......

Keep up the good work Carl.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Too many argumentive twats on here who wanna question n belittle everyones opinion.Maybe annis or owain could stop guests looking in on the site without being registered.the ones who are registered n keep causing problems constantly,ban them for good.This site have gone down hill because of the constant shit stirring.Personally carl i wouldn't give updates for a while because nobody can call you over for your updates then.We all supposed to be the same fans,you wouldn't think it of late
Last edited by boxerbob on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Carl every day, when I got to the newsagents, I get offered a series of papers that I can either read or leave on the shelf.

I normally buy the Mirror cos its relatively good for sport and I buy the Daily Star - again for the obvious reasons :lol:

The point I make is this. People can either read your information or they can leave it.

I personally like to read it. I like the quality of the information and I like the fact that its not only about transfer speculation and, if truth be told, I also like to try and speculate where you get the info from. As you know I work down the club as a Match Day Photographer and, despite this, I have no idea where your information comes from!!!

Some info will be right and some info will be wrong - but as long as you know this then you can roll with it.......

Keep up the good work Carl.

Paul, nail and head mate :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:46 pm

(Before anyone moans - I'm not some bum lick plastic. I sort of get what carl, annis etc are all about too- same as micky morris and others with other interests and concerns)

Good on you Carl boyo!

Its easy to criticise after the event or use carl bashing as part of an agenda. I look forward to Carl posts - I don't take anything literally as fact as things can change in an instant and nothing is guaranteed. Carl posts are always sort be me -to see what's up. Better than the grizzly threads we get here anyway.

I always have time for them mate -keep em coming - don't let the bastards grind you down

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Nice one Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: .....Keep the updates coming mate, Jealousy is a bitter and destructive emotion and will grind those afflicted by it down. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:49 pm

"There is info I have decided not to put out concerning a couple of our players as it could be damaging to them and their careers, there is info on budget but again I have decided not to put it out..."

Carl, I agree with your stance on this, any negative news can't help the team or the club. If the info is that bad and the club are aware, you would hope these issued will/are being addressed.

If the club are not aware, maybe one of your sources within the club should bring it to someones attention.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Carl, You cant win with some fans.

Personally keep your updates coming, Keep your Columns in the Echo going, But also def do not stop your own personal opinions.

Remember Carl, those that slate/slag you down are just pure jealous of you. Like my Mother told me, the time to worry is when they are not talking about you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, You cant win with some fans.

Personally keep your updates coming, Keep your Columns in the Echo going, But also def do not stop your own personal opinions.

Remember Carl, those that slate/slag you down are just pure jealous of you. Like my Mother told me, the time to worry is when they are not talking about you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree 100% :old:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:53 pm

sam salim wrote:

Agree 100% :old:

Ditto. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You had a very wise Mother Annis :ayatollah: mine just told me to eat my Veg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome back its been boring without you Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I love your mother's quote Annis :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Thankyou Carl, I 100% Believe in them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Great post Carl love the updates keep up the good work fella :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Thankyou Carl, I 100% Believe in them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Arse licker :lol: :lol: 99% me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Who Me YES ME

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

You had a very wise Mother Annis :ayatollah: mine just told me to eat my Veg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome back its been boring without you Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Cheers Steve :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I aim to get THIS MB GOING :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Carl i believe in u fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Just keep up the good work carl,in malky and carl we trust :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:12 pm

earnieblue wrote:Just keep up the good work carl,in malky and carl we trust :lol:

You got your name back :D :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Yes nice 1 mate :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Carl puts alot of time into these updates,along with going to work,his column in the Echo,his family, let's not forget Annis book and the booking of the coach for away games. ( sorry if i have missed anything out )

From what i know the updates/info is fresh and at times,and at a later date might "fall through" - "Q" the abuse.
I For one will help out with an update,when Carl goes on hols ;) - But to do this each week = NO THANKS.

We say that it's your choice if you want to read these updates - it's easy the clue is in the title of the thread "UPDATE" ;)
( you don't have to open that thread - but you know you want to ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:41 pm

As an exile the updates are a godsend.

Keep them coming Mr Curtis. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Carl, its only my opinion but I for one like and trust your updates. The forum would be all the poorer without your input.
:ayatollah :ayatollah: :

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Carl,

It is my understanding that this board has prospered to a large degree due to your updates. I enjoy them a great deal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Carl, when ever you post in advance that you are going to do an update the board goes crazy. I like most would be upset if you didn't pass on what you have heard. Please keep up the great work, believe me it is appreciated by the vast majority of fans on here.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Nice one mate keep them coming............

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:46 pm

carl keep those updates coming your doing a cracking job and imo the updates you give us are just the same as if i was sat down the pub having a chat with friends talking about our beloved club with the exception you put it to the masses and the info you pass on is reliable. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: