Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff move for Aston Villa's Lowry

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:18 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11677_7119650,00.html

Number of Championship clubs including Cardiff City intrested in getting him in on loan. He's a goalkeeper who is 19 years old. He has experienced loans at Sheffield Utd and Plymouth Argyle. Ipswich, Cardiff and Middlesbrough are among the clubs that are intrested in the Villa ace.

Re: Cardiff move for Aston Villa's Lowry

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Not really an area i'd be desperate to bring depth :/

We haven't got the best keepers in the world but i'd rather have wages used on a winger.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:21 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11677_7119650,00.html

Number of Championship clubs including Cardiff City intrested in getting him in on loan. He's a goalkeeper who is 19 years old. He has experienced loans at Sheffield Utd and Plymouth Argyle. Ipswich, Cardiff and Middlesbrough are among the clubs that are intrested in the Villa ace.

can't get my head round why we would be after another keeper .............

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:21 pm

RFMH wrote:Not really an area i'd be desperate to bring depth :/

We haven't got the best keepers in the world but i'd rather have wages used on a winger.

agree

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11677_7119650,00.html

They must have us mixed up with Swansea, who are buying as many keepers as possible in the hope the rules change where they can have two in goals at the same time, which is what they need

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:30 pm

He's a defender.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:33 pm

was thinking that but we dont need a defender now we got turner,that was written on the 23rd of august :roll:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Geraint wrote:He's a defender.

So he is what shoddy reporting, same applies though.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:45 pm

find this strange that we would be looking for another keeper unless he is not impressed with heaton and feels we need a better no2

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:05 pm

I think heaton and marshall are good keepers, although I was not convinced with Marshall dealing with crosses but that seems to have been addressed. I don't think we should spend on another keeper

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:find this strange that we would be looking for another keeper unless he is not impressed with heaton and feels we need a better no2

bluecityblue wrote:I think heaton and marshall are good keepers, although I was not convinced with Marshall dealing with crosses but that seems to have been addressed. I don't think we should spend on another keeper

Read above boys, he's not a keeper! ;) :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Lowry_(footballer)

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:32 pm

interesting... good reporting ssn... doh...

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Don't really want another keeper. We need another winger and probably another striker.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:00 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Don't really want another keeper. We need another winger and probably another striker.

hes a defender john
:ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Read above boys, he's not a keeper! ;) :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Lowry_(footballer)

He's also not 19! Sky-fail!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Bloody hell, rubbish reporting from SSN! I knew he was a defender from FM :lol:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 pm

it says that page was last updated on 23rd august :lol: :lol: :lol: some people aye

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Nowhere in the article does it say he is a goalkeeper. :roll: :roll:

It says he is a stoppper. :o

I guess the OP assumed this meant a goalie but I remember the days when a centre half was known as a stopper (eg Malloy, Murray etc.)

I haven't been totally happy with any of our mid CB pairings for a long time - not if we really are to challenge for promotion - a really mean defence is what's wanted and I think Malky must be looking to improve this part of the team, perhaps Turner and someone similar to Lowry could be a step in the right direction. Certainly Taylor seems to have strengthened the LB position and with MacNaughton at RB I can see a really good defence taking shape. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:06 am

why do we want another keeper? We've already got loads of keepers. It's a winger or a striker that we need. We don't need another keeper!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:12 am

He's feckin sh!t anyone can paint matchstick men and cats dogs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Tbf he's not one that would be an improvement on what we've got atm.

Seen him play a couple of times up at Sheff Utd and he was pretty dismal, so no thanks. Would ratherPaul Quinny.