Re: BELLAMY ?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:25 pm

You are joking yeah ?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:26 pm

Another boring bellamy thread :old:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:05 pm

The_Rocking_Dolphins wrote:You are joking yeah ?

No? Doubt he will play for liverpool.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:16 pm

dai-ton wrote:
The_Rocking_Dolphins wrote:You are joking yeah ?

No? Doubt he will play for liverpool.

If he's not going to play :? Why would they sign him :?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:51 pm

i think he will be used as a replacement and only brought on for the last 15 mins or so . he wont be playing every match his knees are not up to it and i think we were right not to pay him 30 grand a week . he could be injured more than he is fit :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:25 pm

did just read that he took a 50% pay cut on his man city wages to join liverpool...

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:25 am

sorry to copy paste but this was bbc sport this morning (though technically yesterday)

Craig Bellamy: Cardiff City reveal late bid for player

Page last updated at 14:09 GMT, Thursday, 1 September 2011 15:09 UK

Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay has revealed he failed in a late bid to bring Craig Bellamy back to the club.

Liverpool signed the Wales international from Manchester City before Wednesday's transfer deadline.

But Mackay believes Bellamy can be forgiven for returning to Anfield, saying: "You're talking about Liverpool, which is a huge club."

QPR manager Neil Warnock also tried to recruit the striker, who played on loan for Cardiff last season.

Mackay admitted he had spoken to his former Norwich team-mate leading up to the transfer deadline.

"He's someone I've spoken to three or four times since I've taken the job, in a friendly capacity," said Mackay.

"Really until Manchester City decided what they were going to do, I think there was nothing I could have done.

"Certainly we looked at something and put a proposition when we found out it was an opportunity that he'd be leaving.

"But at the end of the day you're talking about Liverpool, which is a huge club.

"But our chairman [Dato Chan Tien Ghee] really showed ambition yesterday [Wednesday] and we'd made tentative calls, but by that point it was so far down the road with Liverpool."
Continue reading the main story

We'd made tentative calls, but by that point it was so far down the road with Liverpool

Malky Mackay Cardiff City manager