Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Serious question on future 'updates'

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:27 pm

i think carls main source is no longer with the club so we dont have to worry too much anyway...

but on the update idea, i dont think it should stop, if it wasnt carl it would be somebody else, end of the day if the information comes out its the clubs fault not the fans, if anyone doesnt like it switch forums.

and if anyone on the other forum takes offense and divides themselves then there idiots for not supporting as one

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 pm

I strongly disagree with you. I think Carl's updates haven't split fans apart. It just depends on the people who read them, it's like Chinese whispers. I for one admitted to YOU, when you twisted my words by saying I had an issue with his update and was splitting, that I may've read it wrong.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:35 pm

I dont see why they should come to an end, they bring some strong debates and good talking points, if carls source has left the club then so be it. Ive enjoyed reading his updates, i dont hang on his every word and dont get overly upset and feel the world is over if he is wrong. They do take a little bit of excitement of waiting for things to happen at the club but they do make me feel in the loop and a direct link of how the club feel from day to day.

Midfield general wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:i think carls main source is no longer with the club so we dont have to worry too much anyway...

but on the update idea, i dont think it should stop, if it wasnt carl it would be somebody else, end of the day if the information comes out its the clubs fault not the fans, if anyone doesnt like it switch forums.

and if anyone on the other forum takes offense and divides themselves then there idiots for not supporting as one

Mate lets be honest its spliting the longer term members on this forum now and surely thats not healthy for the site

if people are splitting over the updates i think the only things they need to look at is how silly they are being themselves....

were all one club

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I strongly disagree with you. I think Carl's updates haven't split fans apart. It just depends on the people who read them, it's like Chinese whispers. I for one admitted to YOU, when you twisted my words by saying I had an issue with his update and was splitting, that I may've read it wrong.

You cannot say the 'updates' don't split fans - It clearly does. Look at the other board. There are a section of them that try to ridicule Carl about his 'updates'. They wouldn't be doing so if the 'updates' didn't exist in the first place.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Dafydd wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I strongly disagree with you. I think Carl's updates haven't split fans apart. It just depends on the people who read them, it's like Chinese whispers. I for one admitted to YOU, when you twisted my words by saying I had an issue with his update and was splitting, that I may've read it wrong.

You cannot say the 'updates' don't split fans - It clearly does. Look at the other board. There are a section of them that try to ridicule Carl about his 'updates'. They wouldn't be doing so if the 'updates' didn't exist in the first place.

so its carls fault they are split or the fact that on the other forums, there are kids, in some ways bullies, just looking to cause trouble because they are bored.

people using the updates as an excuse to being a cock and argue is pathetic and i have no time for it. its like being in school again with name calling and hair pulling.

were grown men and supporters of the same club, the fact people even let it bother them is laughable and says it all about those people, not the updatess

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Dafydd wrote:

Yes, like I said, it depends on the people that read them.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:43 pm

jezzy666 wrote:so its carls fault they are split or the fact that on the other forums, there are kids, in some ways bullies, just looking to cause trouble because they are bored.

people using the updates as an excuse to being a cock and argue is pathetic and i have no time for it. its like being in school again with name calling and hair pulling.

were grown men and supporters of the same club, the fact people even let it bother them is laughable and says it all about those people, not the updatess

I don't even read the 'updates' any more, because people are treating them as gospel and it's pathetic. That's no disrespect to Carl - he's passing on information that has been given to him, and I'm grateful for that - However, as I said, I don't treat everything he says as gospel and will only believe it if I see proof.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:43 pm

think you will find alot of people on the other forum blame carl....

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:44 pm

jezzy666 wrote:think you will find alot of people on the other forum blame carl....

Yes but for some reason they are jealous of him, perhaps cause people on here call Carl "the fans leader" or was that the echo?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:think you will find alot of people on the other forum blame carl....

Yes but for some reason they are jealous of him, perhaps cause people on here call Carl "the fans leader" or was that the echo?

was the echo to be fair and it does turn my stomach reading it. ive never read carls column in the echo and have no intention too :p

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:11 am

Most people come to this board because of the updates IMO..............

Not always spot on but mostly are very reliable.................

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:19 am

Im wondering if the " source " of the updates and no longer with us is the new GK coach a West Ham ? Just a thought :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:54 am

i do think its about time the updates were put to bed.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 am

If Carl stopped the updates the board would be swamped with FAO Carl/Annis threads asking if they 'knew' anything, so he couldn't win either way.

Personally I think it's up to Carl, if he wishes to carry on and take the abuse directed at him from jealous members of another board (because that's what's happening, nothing to do with a 'split') then I would support him and the same would be true if he opted not to do them this season and lead a quite life.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 am

Midfield general wrote:As Polo stated on another post, people including myself have hung on to certain topics which have been brought up in Carls posts.

Recently past updates have split to fans more than ever so for the benefit of the club, its supporters and the future of the forum is it time to bring the 'updates' to an end..?

I don't really know Carl to talk to so I hope he doesn't take offence by this topic but and his updates have really helped this forum become everyones favourite website but sometimes there is a lifespan to things and maybe the lifespan of Carls updates have come to an end.

Whats everyones elses opinions on this..?

100% agree only reading some of the replies to your post justifies you question :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If Carl stopped the updates the board would be swamped with FAO Carl/Annis threads asking if they 'knew' anything, so he couldn't win either way.

Personally I think it's up to Carl, if he wishes to carry on and take the abuse directed at him from jealous members of another board (because that's what's happening, nothing to do with a 'split') then I would support him and the same would be true if he opted not to do them this season and lead a quite life.

The majority of fans that read the updates take them with a pinch of salt. Most of us in this section just take note of what is said and if it comes to light that it is true then so be it. If it is wrong then the same attitude applies, cants get everything right.

Take note I said majority. That leaves a minority, a very small minority. These are the jealous ones mentioned in the above post and are simple not worth worrying about. It amazes me in life how such a small section of our society have a disruptive effect on everything. Like most things these disruptive groups are just not worth thinking about.

Getting back to Carls updates I have mentioned this before but I reckon he should just keep it to those of us who meet at the NP pub. That would annoy the disruptive groups more than anything.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:If Carl stopped the updates the board would be swamped with FAO Carl/Annis threads asking if they 'knew' anything, so he couldn't win either way.

The majority of fans that read the updates take them with a pinch of salt. Most of us in this section just take note of what is said and if it comes to light that it is true then so be it. If it is wrong then the same attitude applies, cants get everything right.

Take note I said majority. That leaves a minority, a very small minority. These are the jealous ones mentioned in the above post and are simple not worth worrying about. It amazes me in life how such a small section of our society have a disruptive effect on everything. Like most things these disruptive groups are just not worth thinking about.

Getting back to Carls updates I have mentioned this before but I reckon he should just keep it to those of us who meet at the NP pub. That would annoy the disruptive groups more than anything.

even if you keep it to the NP word spreads and it would be on here in no time

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Aye agree and thats the plan. You see the minority would not be able to blame Carl then and that would destroy them.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:21 pm

personally i really like the updates... he is not posting world news, its footballing issues .

The difference being that in football anything can happen right up to the last minute.. on and off the pitch...

some of them will happen, some will not...

what about ssn, they also post what sources tell them, some are right and some are wrong...

ie bellamy going to qpr, bellamy going to stoke.. ends up at liverpool..

this applies to many players..

we shouldnt blame anyone for passing on information that they have been told and want to share with other city fans....

i say keep the updates coming.... :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:47 pm

A bit pointless this thread really !!. No matter what this Forum did, it would split the fans. Some would agree ! some would disagree. Not everyone agrees on everything ! for instance, if i said Messi was coming to CCFC then the majority would be over the moon but some would say we could not afford him and it would be bad for the Club. Its all about opinions and if you agree or disagree with them.With Carl's updates some like them and look forward to them, whilst some dont agree with them but read them anyway, or you get some that dont agree or like them and will not read them. Everyone has a choice, that is what is known as a democracy. Whatever you do you can't please all the people all of the time.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:53 am

Nuclearblue wrote:A bit pointless this thread really !!. No matter what this Forum did, it would split the fans. Some would agree ! some would disagree. Not everyone agrees on everything ! for instance, if i said Messi was coming to CCFC then the majority would be over the moon but some would say we could not afford him and it would be bad for the Club. Its all about opinions and if you agree or disagree with them.With Carl's updates some like them and look forward to them, whilst some dont agree with them but read them anyway, or you get some that dont agree or like them and will not read them. Everyone has a choice, that is what is known as a democracy. Whatever you do you can't please all the people all of the time.

No-one would believe you

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:04 am

Updates are what makes this forum . It's just another " newspaper" article .

Like a paper read them or don't read them .

There have always been sources and reporters of information even on the Cardiff City websites for years .

The club don't like them because at times it's not all positive spin .

Tough . Keep them coming Carlos .