Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jason Koumas - free agent

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Koumas was released by Wigan his summer, and so far has no takers.

Would you take the opportunity to have him back for free, and potentially on low wages as he isn't getting any other offers? He struggled with injury last season, but then some sort of pay-as-you-play deal could be done.

Re: Jason Koumas - free agent

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:Koumas was released by Wigan his summer, and so far has no takers.

Would you take the opportunity to have him back for free, and potentially on low wages as he isn't getting any other offers? He struggled with injury last season, but then some sort of pay-as-you-play deal could be done.

i would love him back, still has the quality and under MM will get his head right

everyone on here will say 100 no, went missing, passed it etc, but towards the end of the season he and whitts were our best two players.

KOUMAS FTW

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:53 pm

We have Whittingham, Conway and Cowie. I don't think we need any more creative midfielders.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Pay as you play until December to prove himself.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I'd love Koumas back,

the one thing you can guarantee with Malky, he'll get Jason as fit as he's ever been!

When Koumas is fit and firing he's bette than any Championship midfielder!

All he needs is someone to believe in him, give him games and let him express himself

Worth a punt for free, i'm sure he wont command silly money, considering the way the last 4 years of his career have panned out!

Plus he can play on either wing, or through the middle, he's versatile, skillful and he loves the club!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:03 pm

im loving htese responses. spot on

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:06 pm

I wouldnt take him back.
We need to strengthen. :)

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm amazed that you all want him back given the lack of any real impact last term.

I'd have him on a pay as you play that someone mentioned but nothing else.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Howey1927 wrote:I'm amazed that you all want him back given the lack of any real impact last term.

I'd have him on a pay as you play that someone mentioned but nothing else.

he didnt get a real chance to make an impact last term, the times he got real time, he made an impact. the last 3-4 games of the season he was our best player and emulated what ramsey did in the winter

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:55 pm

no sorry guys not for me ,other positions need strengthening first-an out and out pacy winger and a decent striking alternative

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:59 pm

englishbluebird wrote:no sorry guys not for me ,other positions need strengthening first-an out and out pacy winger and a decent striking alternative

agreed there are priorities over this, but the point is would you welcome him back ?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:01 pm

A pacey winger is obviously a priority, but strength is depth!

If we can get him on a pay as you play deal, or short term contract, why not?

as long as Malky can get him fit, its clear to me that Koumas is a confidence player, and Malky is very good and giving his players confidence!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:09 pm

id take koumas on pay as you play thor :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:11 pm

What did he actually contribute last season apart from 2 goals against Doncaster?

He was a shadow of the player we had back in 2005-2006 and at times looked completley disinterested

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:What did he actually contribute last season apart from 2 goals against Doncaster?

He was a shadow of the player we had back in 2005-2006 and at times looked completley disinterested

how would you feel with DJ as a manager, nobody looked interested !!

i thought the last handful of games he was looking really good and easily one of our better players.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Sheff Wed have had him recently and a fan of theirs i know says he's been poor and they dont want him

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:01 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Fairwater Youth wrote:What did he actually contribute last season apart from 2 goals against Doncaster?

how would you feel with DJ as a manager, nobody looked interested !!

i thought the last handful of games he was looking really good and easily one of our better players.

Is that the same Dave Jones who got the best ever season out of JK? I love him to bits for what he brought us the first time around but I think last season showed him up as being a little past it.

But on a pay as you play, I'd give him a go.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:06 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:no sorry guys not for me ,other positions need strengthening first-an out and out pacy winger and a decent striking alternative

agreed there are priorities over this, but the point is would you welcome him back ?

no i wouldnt,apart from last minute heroics against donny he did less than nothing,hes not good enough to be in our team at this point of his career,id pick joe mason over him any day and im sure malky would not want a guy on decent wages warming up our bench

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Look what malky has done to whitts, last season although I think he's a great player he looked lazy, this season he doesn't stop running and tracking back when we lose possession. Imagine koumas, for free, on a contract that suits the club with the same attitude. He gotta be worth a try.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Nope, his good days are behind him, invest in youth is the way to go

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:37 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The man had barely kicked a ball in a year at Wigan, there was a reason
for that. Yet Dave Jones incredibly brought him back here based on how
he'd played for us five years previously. MASSIVE gamble, failed miserably.

Koumas is finished as a footballer. He wouldnt be able to hack Division 1
any more. Koumas wouldnt hack the league of Wales

Why not get Jeffrey Hemmerman back? HE was great here once!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:49 pm

PtB wrote:Pay as you play until December to prove himself.

Thats my thoughts. Lets dangle a carrot for him and see if he responds

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:49 pm

taffyapple wrote:UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The man had barely kicked a ball in a year at Wigan, there was a reason
for that. Yet Dave Jones incredibly brought him back here based on how
he'd played for us five years previously. MASSIVE gamble, failed miserably.

Koumas is finished as a footballer. He wouldnt be able to hack Division 1
any more. Koumas wouldnt hack the league of Wales

Why not get Jeffrey Hemmerman back? HE was great here once!

agree with Taffy 100% :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:50 pm

^^^ Agree with Taffy Apple. Koumas may as well reitre all together as his football career is officially finished , and in no way would I want him back.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Koumas was crap last season. Won us 2 games with a brace at donny and an assist against scunny. If he had been with us all pre season then yes he would have been worth a gamble but too late now. Will finish his career at Crewe or Wrexham.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
PtB wrote:Pay as you play until December to prove himself.

Thats my thoughts. Lets dangle a carrot for him and see if he responds
or even dangle a bottle of vodka ;)

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 pm

I don't know if I'm basing my opinion, whilst still having the memories of Koumas' first spell with us. But I do think Koumas is a class player.

I would take him back on a reasonable contract, because if you get him fit he will do damage at his level and we lack match winners at the moment.

Get Koumas right and he can turn a game on it's head!

Just my opinion, I can see both sides of the argument though.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Every time malky gets asked in an interview about signings u can bet ur bottom dollar each time he'll throw the words THEY HAVE TO BE THE RITE KIND OF PLAYER in, koumas is about as far from 'malkys kind of player' as u can get

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:08 pm

pay as you play would be nice..see if he can replicate some of that form he showed towards the end of last. 2 goals off the bench anyone!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:Koumas was released by Wigan his summer, and so far has no takers.

No.