Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy on 40K

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:11 am

so why was 30k not enough? if he's joined liverpool for 40k?

Guys a c**t

Re: Bellamy on 40K

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:12 am

10k a WEEK - 520k a YEAR. That's why. It's a huge amount of money to throw away.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:13 am

and where does it say 40k?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 am

Mirror ....plus imaging rights and Premium sponsorship - you guys are pricks

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 am

NIBluebird wrote:Mirror ....plus imaging rights and Premium sponsorship - you guys are pricks

ooooo personal insults :) love it, got any more??

ahhh the mirror...such a reliable source of information.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 am

Can't see Bellamy giving up 40k a week. This whole episode was about Bellamy getting the 4 million that he is contracted to this year. The only way I can see him being on 40k is that Liverpool has paid him a big signing on fee.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:36 am

He would have come for 30k, but the issue was, club wasnt willing to pay the transfer fee. It was either transfer fee and pay 30k, or pay majority of his wages on loan. So dont blame Bellamy, he wanted to come, but the club are operating on a sound financial platform, why should we break the bank to satisfy some egos amongst our fans.

Why should Man City cover majority of his wages, how would you feel if we sent one of our players on loan, e.g. someone like Miller on 25k a week. I wouldnt be happy about the situation.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:01 am

It actually says on the BBC that they offered him around £80k and it's a little high for him, so maybe that's the reason why he's gone to Anfield and not to us or some other PL club for £30-50k a week?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 am

It also says a lot about where we are going when we are competing with PL teams for the likes of Bellamy's quality!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:18 am

NIBluebird wrote:Mirror ....plus imaging rights and Premium sponsorship - you guys are pricks

Pricks read the mirror and believe it

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 am

It looks as if the Malaysians got no money to put in to the club,mark my word,we'll be in league 1 within 2/3 years.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:28 pm

almaff wrote:It looks as if the Malaysians got no money to put in to the club,mark my word,we'll be in league 1 within 2/3 years.

if it's league1 within 2/3 years bring it on.i still support cardiff :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:31 pm

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:42 pm

love it how people kick off when they literally know nothing. assumption is the mother of all f**k ups.

bet you'll change your tune now that MM has come out and said we actually went in for bellamy with a decent offer but it was too late as he was already en route to anfield!

no money my arse, no wonder the uk's in a recession, we all want to throw money willy nilly at anything to satisfy us for the short term!!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Even if its £40k a week, he has a 2 year contract and Id doubt very much if he see's through his 2 years there. So a free agent after one year and paid up for remaining year, good business Craig.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 am

liverpool bought bellamy for a fee.......even though bellamy was available on a transfer.

this might be because liverpool can pay so much of the wage and then mancity pay the rest for like 2 years.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:37 am

And I believed the Echo (I'll Play For Cardiff Fof Free)

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:24 am

Plus a huge signing on fee and a pay off from Man City if neccessary. Bellamy would not be worse off now.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 pm

On sky sports Bellamy joins Liverpool for undisclosed fee that means near enough £4million and I bet He is on more than 40 grand to be honest I would not be happy if we spent 4 million for a player with a dodgy knee and may have 2 years left at most A top prem team can take that Gamble we can not as we are a championship team building.

League 1 in 2 to 3 seasons got to be the daftest post on here and that is saying something all this Bellamy talk is boring he is not coming and we really need to move on I am sure Malky is it is time we as supporters do too and support the team and players we get as Bellamy is not coming