Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: EVIDENCE THAT THEY WERE GOING TO SPEND 20M?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Don't forget the £20m covers the expenditure for the whole season. Season Tickets will go on sale in Feburary so suspect that there will be sigifigant spending in January which will be funded by the £8-10m raised from season ticket sales.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:54 pm

The point of my original post was not to cast aspersions on the 'update'
about the money available for the teams wages etc etc. cos its probably
not far off the mark when you weigh it all up.

Its the PATHETIC posts where people say "we've been lied to"
"we've been sold down the river", "the club arent being honest"

Its like the sort of childish shite you'd expect off a kid who's mam
has decided they havent behaved well enough to get an ice cream

"Oh but you PROMISED mam, i HATE you!!!!"

The Club is being run bloody brilliantly at the moment, long may
it last.. But pleeeeze Malky.... get us another two players in. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:12 pm

By my recollection it was said that there was £20m to spend on wages and fees. In reality it was probably more like £16m same as last year. We are also still paying ex-employees, and does that money cover backroom staff? There is no way that wages are only £5m - we have about 20 players - if they averaged £10k / week (500k/year) that is closer to £10m. Remember Parkin is on £9k and he is a fringe player. We've spent a couple of million on players - probably got nothing out of the Chopra sale as we owed the money elsewhere. Which leaves some money for premier loan players (at £20-30k / week) plus some money to spend in January... just my opinion

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:00 pm

dont forget dj getting nearly 1 million hudson on 15 k whitts must be on same or more miller 20k earnie 10 plus taylor 10 ish parkin 9k that little lot comes to 5 mill, big boss man you must be on another planet :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Let's be clear on one thing.

I'm very happy with the players brought earn.

Being so close to a top team is what is f*cking me off.

2-3 players and we would be there or there abouts.

Bunch of cunts.

with the final sentence you just lost not only the discussion you also made yourself look stupid

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:43 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28865450/

if you google cardiff city 20 million budget, it just brings up so called different press articles from the watford observer to the telegraph..

there has never been an official statement from the club..

the link above is the only thing i can see which states the hierarchy are ready to push boat out with 20mil playing budget for wages and transfers etc... cotrasting the 12mil budget we had for the play off run 2010..

:ayatollah:

we do not truly know what any players wages are and we have spent almost 2 mil already on transfers so i would say that is about right.. as reported player costs wont be far off the 14-16mil mark with signing on fees , agent fees and salaries/bonuses..

we do also know that last yr we spent over 600k on agent fees alone, where this will be much higher this yr..