Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EVIDENCE THAT THEY WERE GOING TO SPEND 20M?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:12 am

Does ANYBODY have access to a statement from the Club where they say
they are going to spend 20m on players this season??? Did Malky say it?
Did TG or Tan??

Nope.

Its all been rumours, gossip and suppositions. So anyone saying we've been
lied to, or 'let down' or 'sold down the river' is talking SHITE.

I wanted a striker in, someone different to the current pairing. I also wanted
cover out wide.

thats the ONLY part of my wishlist im still waiting on.

We are in a far far stronger position as a football Club than we were this time
last year. We are STABLE for fucks sake, and being run PROPERLY.

Thank you Malky, you've done a cracking job so far...

And so have TG and Vincent Tan

From a true supporter, not a dummy spitting baby

Re: EVIDENCE THAT THEY WERE GOING TO SPEND 20M?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:15 am

True, great post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:16 am

taffyapple wrote:Does ANYBODY have access to a statement from the Club where they say
Did TG or Tan??

Nope.

cover out wide.

great post

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:21 am

The 20 million talk came from the updates on the forum. The updates........

One point I do want to make clear is that at no point has MM or anyone from the club has talked about midtable.

MM set his sights on going up.

Being 2-3 players short doesn't match what MM has been saying.

Happy with the players brought in. Still gutted we didn't get Goodwillie.

Without a target man, Miller could be a flop.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 am

Big Boss Man wrote:The 20 million talk came from the updates on the forum. The updates........

One point I do want to make clear is that at no point has MM or anyone from the club has talked about midtable.

yup agreed, mm is aiming higher as i feel he should do.

2-3 loan signings away from a strong enough squad with a bit of money tucked away for january

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:30 am

The updates have done more harm than good from what I've seen.

Is it just me or were they wrong 99.9% of the time?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:32 am

Big Boss Man wrote:The updates have done more harm than good from what I've seen.

just you

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 am

Really?

* Goodwillie to sign.

* Bellers to sign.

* 20 million budget.

That's 3 just over the top of my head.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:36 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Really?

* Goodwillie to sign.

* Bellers to sign.

* 20 million budget.

That's 3 just over the top of my head.

i dont remember the updates ever saying bellamy will sign, and the £20million is true, i really dont see why you dont get that bit?

as for goodwillie, i dont remember the situation other than u were in love with him

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:40 am

They did say Bellers will sign and the 20 million is way off is you do the math.

Wages are around 5 million.

Play it safe and add in another 5 million for fees - which is way to high.

To me the budget looks closer to 10 million.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:47 am

Big Boss Man wrote:The 20 million talk came from the updates on the forum. The updates........

Malky has said ALL ALONG that he wants to be challenging for promotion.
He has also said over the last few weeks that we are still a few players short.
NONE OF US KNOW what wage restraints he is working under. But the
evidence of how he works is there for all to see.. we have pretty decent
Central Defenders... but he didnt think they were good enough, we buy
Turner in. I doubt he is watching Earnie and Miller from the sidelines and
thinking they look the business. He WILL strengthen, and we WILL challenge!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:48 am

Big Boss Man wrote:The updates have done more harm than good from what I've seen.

I wouldnt say the updates are 99.9% wrong carl has been rather accurate on many things relating to events at the club, but as he does state that what he says is more solid than pure speculation and rumour but should be taken with a pinch of salt as things do change. Did the club discuss spending in this transfer window, yes, I would be shocked if they didnt. Was £20mil to spend an option maybe, maybe not only the board know that. The issue is that people believe what carl says to be the gospel truth where this is not the case, carl deals with rumour and speculation with some good sources within the club. There are only 2 sets of people who know 100% on how our transfers are dealt with and that is our board of directors and our management team.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 am

Big Boss Man wrote:They did say Bellers will sign and the 20 million is way off is you do the math.

£20million is not off the math at all.

if you look over our squad we have 24 players now including turner from what i can see. that is not including ANY younsters !!

on average shall we say they are on £8k a week, if not more based on parkin, and we all know millers wage. but anyway 8k

that works out to £9.5 MILLION in wages this year. so thats half just on wages already and thats if its as low as 8k.

then u add the 2-3 mill we spent in transfer fees and compensation.

then about 2-3 mill on signing on fees, could easily be more.

which leaves me to 15-16 million already spent and a nice bt for january.

happy now?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:59 am

8 is way to high and not the norm.

You can't use a strikers wage to set the norm.

They will be players on less than a £1000 a week.

You are way off.

Most will be on £5000 per week or less.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:03 am

£20 Million wont be far away from the truth. Here's a little article by Corky off CCMB - http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/t ... ndex.shtml - We have already spent approx £4 Milion in Transfer and signing on fees for the 10 players we have signed in this window. That leaves £16 million for wages for all the players, signing on and loan fees for the 2 strikers we have coming in + any other emergency loans Malky may have to get in if circumstances require. We aint done bad 12 out 10 in + two players on trial who are probably going to sign that will give us parity. We will more than likely sign 2 good strikers as corky says in the above article add to that the few youngsters coming through and I think we will have a significantly stronger squad than we had this time last year. If as I expect we are in the shake up come January I am sure more funds will be made avalable to push on and all the while managing our debt. Have TG and VT let us down yet? Oh, by the way now the transfer window is nearly done there is only one piece of business that TG and VT have to deal with and thats Langston. Expect that matter to come to a close sooner rather than later as well. I for one am very pleased with this window. The most important signing we made by the way was Malky Makay. Now come on lads lets get behind the boys and watch us fly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:03 am

Big Boss Man wrote:They did say Bellers will sign and the 20 million is way off is you do the math.

How on earth can you say £5m in fees is too high?

Gestede
Gunnarsson
Conway
Cowie
Earnshaw
Miller
Mason
Turner
Kiss
Taylor

....if its only cost the Club 5m to get that lot in then Malky should
have been wearing a mask feller

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:04 am

Big Boss Man wrote:8 is way to high and not the norm.

You can't use a strikers wage to set the norm.

They will be players on less than a £1000 a week.

You are way off.

Most will be on £5000 per week or less.

LOL please, i would be very surprised if more than2-3 players are on £k a week or less. thats rediculous as are all your posts

i was averaging and i think my average is alot closer than yours

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:13 am

Bullshit.

Earnie took a play cut to come here which is less than £8000 per week and you won't to use £8000 as the norm?

Paul Quinn, Jonathan Meades, Solomon Taiwo, Dacey Blake, Ibrahim Farah, Mason, Rudy, Filip Kiss, any other youth players won't be on anywhere close to £8000 a week.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:16 am

i didnt include meades or farah. if you want to add them onto it too?

earnie was offered a pay cut at forest, thats why he didnt sign for them, nobody knows what he agreed on for us??

heres a quote from the other bob wilson on another topic that will hopefully shut you up.....

"No, as you so often do, you've got it wrong. Dorset Blue is correct, the £20 million covers all wages, all signing on fees, all loan fees, all bonuses, all transfer fees, all compensation and I wouldn't be surprised if it also includes the £1 million plus we are supposedly paying former employees throughout the season. Besides the players we've signed, there's also all of the new members of staff we've brought in as well as the compensation we're paying Watford for Malky Mackay (and, possibly, the other people we got from that club on top of that).

Besides reading about in Carl's updates, I've been told by people I respect because they have generally been proved to be right on "in the know" matters before that the £20 million figure is correct and I believe we are now fairly close to that figure - I'd say our spending is already on course to beat the figure spent last year."

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 am

This is where the 20 million falls down.

What about match day revenue?

Shirt sales? Money from the football league?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:25 am

Big Boss Man wrote:This is where the 20 million falls down.

What about match day revenue?

Shirt sales? Money from the football league?

oh god you are really clutching at straws now boss man, just let it drop, its £20mill end of !!

who cares how much money we bring in, sales tickets etc.....20mill is our budget simple as that, any more we make goes to ease or debts.

terrible point

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 am

To get evidence of how much money the club intends to spend this season you would need to have access to the clubs Operating Plan and we all know that it only available to the people running the business. But having said that I would be surprised if it didn't show overall expenditure at the club to be around this figure.

The problem we have here is if it's suggested that the budget for this season is £20m then some people immediately think we are going to be spending that on players. Mark Bloom is a classic example of this as he went on national radio (Talksport) claiming that MM would be given £16m to SPEND. All that this type of talk does is raise expectation levels amongst the fans and when it appears the club are not spending this money people get disappointed.

In reality when the Malaysians took control of the club last year there waslittle or no cash in the business, in fact ALL the income from the Golden ST scam was gone on paying the taxman and the Malaysians had to fund last seasons shortfall in income and expenditure. They did this by means of loans and last month together with PMG, Steve Borley and Mike Issac converted those loans or part of those loans into shares in the business.

During the close season 12 players left the club and a new manager was put in place and in a little over 8 weeks 9 new players were signed. The majority on Bosman transfers but in the case of Miller, Mason and now Turner transfer fees were paid however make no mistake signing on fees and agent fees were paid on the bosman transfers. On what we know this is likely to have costs the club over £2m which is a significant % of turnover and we should recognise that fact.

MM has gone on record as saying he wants to bring in another 2 - 4 players and having watched the interview where he made this statement what he actually said was 2 would be great 4 would be fantastic. He was also very clear that some of those signings would likely come from loans one the PL teams had decided on their squads so in my opinion MM has been absolutely true to his every word since he came into the club. How can any of us be disappointed with that.

I absolutely agree with Taffyapple on this because if you look at things we have a club with a reduced level of debt following further investment by the owners, the owners have put an operating budget in place which gives us a chance of being competitive in this division without breaking the bank, we have a new manager and backroom team who are looking to manage the playing squad using the very latest sports science methods, we have a squad where the majority of players are now tied to longterm contracts and not a squad dominated by loan tranfers. We also have a team looking at further player recruitment based on strict criteria set by the manager and these criteria include the players attitude to training, the players diet, the players lifestyle, the players mental attitude and of course the players talent. What a difference to previous managers who would sign anyone just to get bodies in the club.

In my opinion at almost any measureable level our club is better placed than at anytime in decades and we as fans should concentrate on affecting what we can affect and that is support the club, the owners, the manager and of course the team.

If I haven't already said it great post Taffy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:31 am

What?

You tried to claim that the average wage of a Cardiff City player is £8,000 per week!

2 million from the football league.

23 league home games and cup runs.

You don't think season tickets and match day tickets bring in much revenue?

I think you will find match day revenue will be in a couple of million per season.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:34 am

Big Boss Man wrote:What?

You tried to claim that the average wage of a Cardiff City player is £8,000 per week!

2 million from the football league.

23 league home games and cup runs.

You don't think season tickets and match day tickets bring in much revenue?

I think you will find match day revenue will be in a couple of million per season.

im not disputing how much money we bring in, i completly agree with you, we will probably bring in alot more than 20mill.

if you read what i said through your red mist of daily anger, you will see i said the budget is 20mill regardless of whether we bring in 5 mill 50 mll or 500 mill in income.

we have nearly spent out £20mil now please stop making terrible points

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:49 am

taffyapple wrote:Does ANYBODY have access to a statement from the Club where they say
Did TG or Tan??

Nope.

cover out wide.

This is not a dig, (far from it) but i,m sure carl had reported this just before the season started, if this is not true then it goes without saying that i stand corrected!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 am

castleblue that was an excellent post mate :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 am

Let's be clear on one thing.

I'm very happy with the players brought earn.

Being so close to a top team is what is f*cking me off.

2-3 players and we would be there or there abouts.

Bunch of cunts.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:57 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Let's be clear on one thing.

Bunch of cunts.

i think its annoying everyone. but the loan window we can benifit from

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:34 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Let's be clear on one thing.

Bunch of cunts.

someone has just realised the argument is lost, took a while though

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:53 am

Miller alone earns more than a million if he is on 20k. perhaps wages alone are indeed around 5 million, but players get shitloads of bonuses.